PDA

View Full Version : Kavan Albatros

degreen60
08-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Anyone else flying the Kavan Albatros? Looking for differant ways to hold the spinner on.

WWI Ace
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I retired mine long ago!!! Steve.

degreen60
08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I retired mine long ago!!! Steve.

Why did you retire it?

WWI Ace
08-14-2007, 02:14 AM
It finally got so wore out from wear and tear that I just decided that the poor plane had seen better days!! Steve.

details
10-11-2007, 01:10 AM
degreen60,

I've got one in a box starring at me. I want to fix it up with extra details, etc. probably add the ailerons to the top wing.

Have you flown yours yet? Any advice on mods. or what to watch out for?

Dave

degreen60
10-11-2007, 02:49 AM
degreen60,

I've got one in a box starring at me. I want to fix it up with extra details, etc. probably add the ailerons to the top wing.

Have you flown yours yet? Any advice on mods. or what to watch out for?

Dave

I started flying about a year ago so when I started flying the Albatros I was not a very good flyer. I crashed mine several times but now I can fly it without crashing. One thing that I would change before flying. Put a brushless motor in it. I installed the motor that came with the plane and it burned up on the fourth flight. Another mod I did was glue the plastic motor that covers the battery opening on the plane. I then installed 6 Nimh cells through the cockpit opening forward against the front former and on the bottom of the fuselage. I hold the cockpit on the plane with a dowel at the front and a magnet at the rear. I also have the charging jack in the cockpit so the wire to the batteries keeps the cockpit from getting lost if it comes off. I use pull-pull controls cause it is lighter than push rods. I added wing brace wires using upholstery thread. I did not even use the kit wood for landing gear cause I read in reviews that this is a weak point and the wood breaks. I had some CF rod and used that. One thing I had a lot of problems with was how to hold the spinner on and still be able to take it off when I needed too(after crash). I finally cut a piece of foam to fit the backplate and glued it to the backplate. I then cut a thin piece of plywood and glued to the foam. I hold the spinner to the backplate with pins run into and glued in the foam. If your a good flyer you might not have to do any of the mods but I think brushless motor and stronger landing gear is almost required. Brushless motor I use is a 2410-08y with a 9x7 prop.

details
10-11-2007, 07:31 PM
degreen60,

Thanks for the rundown on your Kavan Abatros!

I think that I will do most of the mods that you did on yours. I am planning on an outrunner motor and Lipo batteries. I like using pull-pull cables when I can to save weight in the tail. I will have to take a look at the spinner problem as I have never delt with a spinner like this before. I have however used "Shoe Goo" to secure the rubber GWS spinners. It works pretty well as long as you don't crash that often.

I would like to see how you used the CF rod on the landing gear.

Thanks again,
Dave

degreen60
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
degreen60,
I would like to see how you used the CF rod on the landing gear.
Thanks again,
Dave

I used the CF rod same as using the wood in the kit. I glued the CF rod into the bottom brace that the axle goes through with epoxy. I like the bottom brace so well that I made a V shaped mold with #9 wire and vacuum formed braces for my scratch build WW1 planes.
I read somewhere that the Albatros used tubing for landing gear so I think the GF rod looks ok.
On my WW1 planes that have wood landing gear I glued bamboo skewers into the bottom brace.
In the pictures you can see my servos, receiver, and the green batteries.

degreen60
10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Here is the paint I use to cover repairs. It is not a perfect match but looks ok to me. It is Apple Barrel acrylic paint from Walmart. I think it is 44 cents a bottle. Fuselage 20760 Kings Gold. Red 20784 Red Apple. Blue 20751 Regency Blue.

details
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
degreen60,

Thanks for the pix and the info, also the paints!

This sort of info might get this thread going again! Anything else you can think of? Did you ever think about ailerons for it?

Dave

details
10-12-2007, 12:31 AM
degreen60,

Do you or anybody else know how to get a picture to the right size for my avatar? I can't seem to do it in photoshop!

Dave

degreen60
10-12-2007, 04:14 AM
degreen60,

Thanks for the pix and the info, also the paints!

This sort of info might get this thread going again! Anything else you can think of? Did you ever think about ailerons for it?

Dave

I have been thinking about ailerons. I also have been thinking about repainting the top of both wings. Using the 2 color green and purple. As you can see on mine I added a red dragon that was on one of the Albatros.

degreen60
10-12-2007, 04:20 AM
degreen60,

Do you or anybody else know how to get a picture to the right size for my avatar? I can't seem to do it in photoshop!

Dave

You can use iview336. It is a free graphics program you can download. It has a resize command.

details
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I have been thinking about ailerons. I also have been thinking about repainting the top of both wings. Using the 2 color green and purple. As you can see on mine I added a red dragon that was on one of the Albatros.

degreen60,

I want to have scale ailerons, possibly with torque rod running out in a covered channel from the bottom of the top wing with the servo in the area of the guns.:)

I know of one person that added ailerons to his Simprop Albatros similar to this. I can't find the link right now, but I'll try and find it soon.:(

It's funny, the Simprop version comes with the green and purple wing color scheme with a green tail outlined in red.:rolleyes:

Dave

details
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
You can use iview336. It is a free graphics program you can download. It has a resize command.

degreen60,

Thanks, I'll try that.:ws:

I was able to get a photo up on my avatar, but it is soft.

Dave

degreen60
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
degreen60,
It's funny, the Simprop version comes with the green and purple wing color scheme with a green tail outlined in red.:rolleyes:

Dave

I think the Simprop Albatros is painted like the Albatros that Lieuenant H.J. von Hippel flew and the Kavan Albatros is painted like one the Red Baron flew. The Red Baron got most of his kills in an Albatros, not sure it was D.V. though. I like color on my planes and they don't have to be painted scale colors. If I change the wings to green and purple I will probably leave the tail feathers red although the red dragon tail would show better on green tail.

details
12-01-2007, 11:48 PM
degreen60,

Hi there, sorry I haven't responded in a while.

Did you ever figure out a good way to attach the spinner to your Kavan Albatros DV?

Dave

WWI Ace
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I copied my photo I wanted for the avatar into paint and then resized it to 50-50%. I just posted about using glass beads for guides for pull-pull lines in the WWI building tips thread. It might be a lighter way of doing ailerons. Steve

degreen60
12-05-2007, 04:47 AM
degreen60,

Hi there, sorry I haven't responded in a while.

Did you ever figure out a good way to attach the spinner to your Kavan Albatros DV?

Dave

I have it attched as in thread #6. I put some Gorilla glue and water in the nose of the spinner to make it stronger.

details
12-05-2007, 05:40 AM
I copied my photo I wanted for the avatar into paint and then resized it to 50-50%. I just posted about using glass beads for guides for pull-pull lines in the WWI building tips thread. It might be a lighter way of doing ailerons. Steve
Steve,

Thanks for the info on your resizing a photo for your avatar.:) What physical size and memory size did you start and end up with?

The glass beads idea sound great!:ws: I'll go look up your posts in the WWI building tips ASAP!:D

Thanks again,
Dave

details
12-05-2007, 05:46 AM
I have it attched as in thread #6. I put some Gorilla glue and water in the nose of the spinner to make it stronger.
degreen60,

Thanks, I saw how you did it before, but I thought you were looking for a different or better way than that to attach the spinner.

Dave

degreen60
12-12-2007, 09:01 PM
degreen60,

Thanks, I saw how you did it before, but I thought you were looking for a different or better way than that to attach the spinner.

Dave

I have not found a better way yet.

degreen60
12-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Here is a picture of the top wing after I covered it with printed paper. Next I will cover the top of the bottom wing.

WWI Ace
12-22-2007, 09:43 PM
That looks really good!! My old one I got from Hobby Lobby had the full camo decals for the wings and a packet of powder to mix with water to make the decals stick to the foam better. Steve

details
12-25-2007, 11:18 PM
:D:D MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! :D:D

degreen60,

That top wing looks great! I want to do my Albatros DVa with similar lozenge camo on the wings and horizontal stab.

How much are you planning on covering that way? Please keep us all posted on any more you do.

Oh yea, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you think you like the Kavan DVa to every buy another?

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah degreen60 and steve!:):)

Dave

degreen60
12-25-2007, 11:31 PM
degreen60,

How much are you planning on covering that way? Please keep us all posted on any more you do.

Oh yea, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you think you like the Kavan DVa to every buy another?

Dave

I plan on covering the top of the bottom wing too. I have everything to start glueing the paper on now.
I bought this Albatros cheap and would but it again for the price I paid. I have 3 planes I fly most of the time and this is one of them.
If I wanted another one I would enlarge the printed paper plane that I am using to make the covering for my wings and use it to make a full fuselage plane from foam.

scalercflyer
12-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Where does one buy a KAVAN Albatros or are they OOP? Martin

WWI Ace
12-27-2007, 02:45 AM
I haven't seen any Kavan planes for sale in a long time. They were kind of expensive for foam planes so I don't think they were hot sellers. Every once in a while I see a Kavan plane on Ebay. Steve

degreen60
12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Here is pictures of my Kavan Albatros with both wings covered. I may just have to put white strips on the elevator now.

degreen60
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Where does one buy a KAVAN Albatros or are they OOP? Martin

I did a google and found a couple of places that had them listed for $109. One place did not list if they had any in stock. The other place listed 1 in stock. If you get one don't even install the stock motor, mine lasted 4 flights. I took the motor apart expecting to find bad brushes, the brushes were ok the comutator was burn out. Also fill the nose of the spinner with Gorilla glue and water. This will keep the spinner from cracking on nose over.

details
01-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey guys!

Check out Alpha models' new R&D video!:$:$:$

Dave

WWI Ace
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
What's the link? Steve

WWI Ace
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I saw it!! Looks like Alfa is getting on the WWI bandwagon! Steve

scalercflyer
01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Got a link to Alpha models Steve? Martin

WWI Ace
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
It's either www.alfa.cz.com (http://www.alfa.cz.com) or www.alfamodelscz.com (http://www.alfamodelscz.com) or www.alfamodels.cz.com (http://www.alfamodels.cz.com) I think. One of them should work I just don't remember which one!!! Sorry!! Steve

dai phan
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

I just got the Kavan Albatros yesterday. I like to know how long it takes to get this bird flying? Is there lots of building involved? DP

degreen60
03-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi all,

I just got the Kavan Albatros yesterday. I like to know how long it takes to get this bird flying? Is there lots of building involved? DP

It did not take too long to put the Albatros together. If I were you I would not even install the motor that came with it, mine lasted 4 flights. Put a brushless in it to start with. I also had troubles with the spinner breaking but I was a new pilot and had hard nose overs on landing. I put Gorilla glue and water in the nose of the spinner cover with a foam disk. Haven't broke the spinner sence. I had CG rods on hand so I used that instead of the wood landing gear legs in the kit. I also used pull-pull controls cause I think it looks better on WW1 planes and also keeps the tail a little lighter. I also installed wing brace wires. Keeps the wings from flexing and helps hold then in place. I like my Albatros but it is not a plane you can let go of the controls and expect it to stay flying in a straight line like my trainer does.

dai phan
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
It did not take too long to put the Albatros together. If I were you I would not even install the motor that came with it, mine lasted 4 flights. Put a brushless in it to start with. I also had troubles with the spinner breaking but I was a new pilot and had hard nose overs on landing. I put Gorilla glue and water in the nose of the spinner cover with a foam disk. Haven't broke the spinner sence. I had CG rods on hand so I used that instead of the wood landing gear legs in the kit. I also used pull-pull controls cause I think it looks better on WW1 planes and also keeps the tail a little lighter. I also installed wing brace wires. Keeps the wings from flexing and helps hold then in place. I like my Albatros but it is not a plane you can let go of the controls and expect it to stay flying in a straight line like my trainer does.

Thanks for the reply. I used to fly big scale WW1 planes (60" plus) but I got so nervous flying them so I decieded flying smaller planes gives me less chance of a heart attack! I have been flying the Eflite Jenny and Se5a and I just fell in love with them. At this time, the Kavan planes are the only ones along the line of Eflite foamies so I decieded to put the cash down and buy one. If it flies well I will no doubt buy the entire line. I plan to use the Eflite 250 with 2 cell Lip and 10A speed controller. Any tips you can give? DP

degreen60
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I have been flying the Eflite Jenny and Se5a and I just fell in love with them. At this time, the Kavan planes are the only ones along the line of Eflite foamies so I decieded to put the cash down and buy one. If it flies well I will no doubt buy the entire line. I plan to use the Eflite 250 with 2 cell Lip and 10A speed controller. Any tips you can give? DP

I have the Jenny too. The Albatros flys and lands faster then the Jenny. I have a 2410-08Y motor, 9x6 prop, and 2C lipo in the Albatros. I have an AX-3206N 1300kv, 7x6 prop, and 2C lipo in the Jenny. The Jenny will loop from level flight with this motor. I have heard the Eflight 250 is $50. I got 2 of the AX-3206 motors for $16.99 from UH. If you put a 250 or AX motor in your Albatros let me know how it flys. If it flys ok I may change the motor in mine to the AX. I found someone on another thread selling thier collection of kits. They have some Kavan and Simprop. I you would like the URL I will see if I can find it again and list it here. He wanted $100 each for the Kavan kits.

dai phan
03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I have the Jenny too. The Albatros flys and lands faster then the Jenny. I have a 2410-08Y motor, 9x6 prop, and 2C lipo in the Albatros. I have an AX-3206N 1300kv, 7x6 prop, and 2C lipo in the Jenny. The Jenny will loop from level flight with this motor. I have heard the Eflight 250 is $50. I got 2 of the AX-3206 motors for $16.99 from UH. If you put a 250 or AX motor in your Albatros let me know how it flys. If it flys ok I may change the motor in mine to the AX. I found someone on another thread selling thier collection of kits. They have some Kavan and Simprop. I you would like the URL I will see if I can find it again and list it here. He wanted $100 each for the Kavan kits.

Thank you for your reply. I would like to know proven power package with the Albatros so I can power it accordingly. I think the Eflite 250 maybe underpowered. Can you please post a link where you buy the motors? I am very interested in buying OOP Kavan and Simprop lines. Dai Phan

degreen60
03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I weighted both my planes without batteries.

Jenny 6 oz.

Albatros 10 oz.

Here is where I buy my motors and ESC. I recommend that you make sure the stock is above 0 before you order. Back orders can take a long time from them.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_index.asp

Here is the person selling his kits.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823793&highlight=kavan+albatros

I ordered a Lipo charger here for $8.50 with free shipping and it charges my batteries ok. I plan on ordering some of these batteries.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7621

Look at the prices on receivers and servos here. I checked on shipping on a $4.50 receiver and it was only $3. I am planning on ordering some servos and a receiver to see how good they are.

http://www.bidproduct.com/part/Product_list_TRANSMITTER%20RECEIVER%20CRYSTAL_2.ht ml

degreen60
03-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Have you tried scratch building with foam? I used GWS Tiger Moth wings and scratch built a Sopwith Triplane. The square sided planes are easy to make with foam. I first built a box then added another sheet or two of foam where the fuselage needed to be round and sanded it round. I measured the Albatros and guessed it at about 1/11.5 scale. My Tripe is about 1/10 scale. It weights 1 lb ready to fly.

dai phan
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM

Jenny 6 oz.

Albatros 10 oz.

Here is where I buy my motors and ESC. I recommend that you make sure the stock is above 0 before you order. Back orders can take a long time from them.

I ordered a Lipo charger here for $8.50 with free shipping and it charges my batteries ok. I plan on ordering some of these batteries.

Look at the prices on receivers and servos here. I checked on shipping on a $4.50 receiver and it was only $3. I am planning on ordering some servos and a receiver to see how good they are.

http://www.bidproduct.com/part/Product_list_TRANSMITTER%20RECEIVER%20CRYSTAL_2.ht ml

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. This weekend I start building the Albatros and I must say that the design is way inferior to the Eflite. I do not like the fact that you must put the wing on a jig then cut the sticks to make the struts and carbane. This is asking for trouble and I can see how beginners will have a problem on this one. The wing foam is thick much nicer than Eflite but the fuse is very weak. I had to mix a thin mixture of epoxy and apply along the fuse to make it stronger. I used spackling compound to fill all the holes where the struts go and I will repaint the plane. Do you know the flying weight on yours? Dai

degreen60
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. This weekend I start building the Albatros and I must say that the design is way inferior to the Eflite. I do not like the fact that you must put the wing on a jig then cut the sticks to make the struts and carbane. This is asking for trouble and I can see how beginners will have a problem on this one. The wing foam is thick much nicer than Eflite but the fuse is very weak. I had to mix a thin mixture of epoxy and apply along the fuse to make it stronger. I used spackling compound to fill all the holes where the struts go and I will repaint the plane. Do you know the flying weight on yours? Dai

I spread Gorilla glue on the inside of the fuselage and wet with water to make it stronger. I also fill the holes with spackling. I made a set of guns using printed paper glued to foam. I have attached the files if you would like to try making the guns. My plane weights 14oz with battery read to fly.

degreen60
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I measured the Albatros and it is close to 1/11.5 scale. I went to a web site and got the measurements for the SE5a and it looks to be close to 1/10.5 scale. How do the 2 planes compare setting next to each other? Do they look close to the same scale or does one look larger than the other? How do they compare in weight without batteries in them?

dai phan
03-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I measured the Albatros and it is close to 1/11.5 scale. I went to a web site and got the measurements for the SE5a and it looks to be close to 1/10.5 scale. How do the 2 planes compare setting next to each other? Do they look close to the same scale or does one look larger than the other? How do they compare in weight without batteries in them?

Hi,

They both look good together. I haven't weight the Albatros yet but it is going to heavier than advertized weight since I will repaint mine. How does your fly with the motor you got? DP

dai phan
03-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Jenny 6 oz.

Albatros 10 oz.

Hi,

I can't find the motor that you used in your Albatross. Can you give me the name of the manufacturer? Thanks DP

dai phan
03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi,

I just placed an order for this motor package from Hobby Lobby for my Albatros . What do you think?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-skatty.htm

DP

degreen60
03-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi,

I just placed an order for this motor package from Hobby Lobby for my Albatros . What do you think?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-skatty.htm

DP

I think that motor will fly the plane ok. I hand launch my planes and my Albatros will drop just a little then go into a climb and I have no trouble gaining hight. With the motor and gear box that came with the plane I had to do a very gradual climb or it would stall. Here is the motor I have in mine.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=664

dai phan
03-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I think that motor will fly the plane ok. I hand launch my planes and my Albatros will drop just a little then go into a climb and I have no trouble gaining hight. With the motor and gear box that came with the plane I had to do a very gradual climb or it would stall. Here is the motor I have in mine.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=664

I am going to order two of these since the price is so cheap. Please help me to understand this. With the prices around 50 bucks for a small brusless motor from Eflite, AXI and the like, why people don't buy much cheaper but functional motors from other companies? I can't believe what I am seeing... Are these motors providing good service so far and how long does it take to get to the US? DP

BTW: Here is my "big" Albatross. Look under my name.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1470478/mpage_29/key_/tm.htm
Enjoy

degreen60
03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I am going to order two of these since the price is so cheap. Please help me to understand this. With the prices around 50 bucks for a small brusless motor from Eflite, AXI and the like, why people don't buy much cheaper but functional motors from other companies? I can't believe what I am seeing... Are these motors providing good service so far and how long does it take to get to the US? DP
Enjoy

Before you order take a look here. I am using 1 of these combos and 2 more of the ESCs.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4857

I have had no problems with anything I have ordered from UH. I have always got my in stock order within 2 weeks. Just make sure what you order is in stock. I have read on the net that some people have had trouble with quality being the same on the cheaper motors but at the price I can even throw away a bad motor and still save money.

dai phan
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Before you order take a look here. I am using 1 of these combos and 2 more of the ESCs.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4857

I have had no problems with anything I have ordered from UH. I have always got my in stock order within 2 weeks. Just make sure what you order is in stock. I have read on the net that some people have had trouble with quality being the same on the cheaper motors but at the price I can even throw away a bad motor and still save money.

Hi,

I got the motors from Hobby City. Can you possiby post some pictures on how to mount this motor on the Albatros? Did you use the gear box? Thanks! DP

degreen60
03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I got the motors from Hobby City. Can you possiby post some pictures on how to mount this motor on the Albatros? Did you use the gear box? Thanks! DP

Here are pictures of how I mounted the motor and spinner.

As you can see I cut a hole in the firewall and moved part of it back. If you mount your motor this way make sure you can get to the screws that hold the motor in the motor mount. I have the screws at the corners of the box.

I glued a foam disk inside the spinner disk to push pins into to hold the spinner on. The plywood disk keeps the pins from coming out on the motor side. If you find a better way to hold the spinner on let me know.

The foam disk in the spinner will keep the motor shaft from punching a hole in the spinner if you hit hard on the nose. You may not need it or the Gorilla Glue but I did.

I also mounted the kit supplied battery cover motor permanent on the plane. I made a battery holder for a Lipo out of foam that I glued in the fuselage against the firewall. I install and remove the battery through the cockpit hatch.

dai phan
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Here are pictures of how I mounted the motor and spinner.

As you can see I cut a hole in the firewall and moved part of it back. If you mount your motor this way make sure you can get to the screws that hold the motor in the motor mount. I have the screws at the corners of the box.

I glued a foam disk inside the spinner disk to push pins into to hold the spinner on. The plywood disk keeps the pins from coming out on the motor side. If you find a better way to hold the spinner on let me know.

The foam disk in the spinner will keep the motor shaft from punching a hole in the spinner if you hit hard on the nose. You may not need it or the Gorilla Glue but I did.

I also mounted the kit supplied battery cover motor permanent on the plane. I made a battery holder for a Lipo out of foam that I glued in the fuselage against the firewall. I install and remove the battery through the cockpit hatch.

Thank you very much! Boy your Albatros is really well used. I am sure you have lots of fun with it. I got 5 motors from HC and I was concerned about their sizes. They seem awfully big. Does you Albatros fly well with this motor and what is your impression on these motors? They seem very affordable! DP

degreen60
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Thank you very much! Boy your Albatros is really well used. I am sure you have lots of fun with it. I got 5 motors from HC and I was concerned about their sizes. They seem awfully big. Does you Albatros fly well with this motor and what is your impression on these motors? They seem very affordable! DP

My Albatros is quite beat up. It was the plane I use to improve my flying after my trainer so it hit the ground and trees hard a few times.

I like the 2410-8, 2410-9, and 2410-12. I have 5 planes with the 2410 motors in them and all but one will fly on half throtle.
3 of then have the 2410-08 motor. The Albatros has the 2410-08 with a 9x7 prop. With this prop and a 2C Lipo it pulls 6amps. By not flying WOT it will fly for about 30min.

Another thing I did with my Albatros is I took the pilot and filled both sides with plaster. I now use it as a mold with my vacuum former to make more pilots.

dai phan
03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
My Albatros is quite beat up. It was the plane I use to improve my flying after my trainer so it hit the ground and trees hard a few times.

I like the 2410-8, 2410-9, and 2410-12. I have 5 planes with the 2410 motors in them and all but one will fly on half throtle.
3 of then have the 2410-08 motor. The Albatros has the 2410-08 with a 9x7 prop. With this prop and a 2C Lipo it pulls 6amps. By not flying WOT it will fly for about 30min.

Another thing I did with my Albatros is I took the pilot and filled both sides with plaster. I now use it as a mold with my vacuum former to make more pilots.

I plan to use the 2C Lipo in the Eflite Jenny to fly the Albatros. You think that is the correct battery pack for it? DP

degreen60
03-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I plan to use the 2C Lipo in the Eflite Jenny to fly the Albatros. You think that is the correct battery pack for it? DP

A 2C should fly the plane. I use a 850ma in my Jenny and a 1200ma in my Albatros. I just happened to get a good deal on the 1200ma battery is why I use it.