PDA

View Full Version : New Innovative Product - WIRE KEEPS

sailr
08-21-2007, 05:17 PM
You just spent days, weeks, months, or even years building your new model. It is truly a work of art UNTIL you look inside! There is a maze of wires running everywhere. It's hard to track down which wire goes where. Some of you do better. You use tie-wraps, tape, etc. but it's still no Van Gogh! Well now you can quickly and easily organize the mess inside your aircraft, boat, car. WIRE-KEEPS make your wiring neat, protect from vibration and chafing, and are quick and easy to install! WIRE-KEEPS act as a Shock Absorber and absorb vibrations vs. sending vibrations to your electronics. WIRE-KEEPS are non Toxic and Oil Resistant. WIRE-KEEPS are self adhesive and Bond to almost everything, Just Peel, Press and Place. WIRE-KEEPS adapt to different size wires and are practically Weightless. WIRE-KEEPS look great in Photo Shoots!

Order now at www.wirekeeps.com (http://www.wirekeeps.com)

Grasshopper
08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Nice looking product but $7.00 shipping seems pretty steep for a $5.99 product that is "Practically Weightless".

sailr
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
All shipments are sent Priority mail. The lowest cost for priority mail from our location to the farthest location is MORE than $7. Check out the shipping costs from Tower, etc. these days and they send it by slow snail mail or UPS.

Most of our customers order the small and the medium, sometimes two or three of each. The shipping is a non factor when you buy more product.

Nice looking product but $7.00 shipping seems pretty steep for a $5.99 product that is "Practically Weightless".

Gnascher
08-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Stick 'em in an envelope, lick a stamp and drop it in the mailbox ... even charge me a couple bucks "handling fee" and we're only looking at a couple of bucks.

I am so tired of web retailers touting cheap product prices then making it up on the back end with inflated shipping and handling fees.

Charge and honest price, charge what it costs to ship, add in a small 'handling fee' to cover your time. But $7.00 for something so small? Preposterous.

Then you tell us that shipping to some places it costs MORE than $7.00 to ship ... so that means your closer customers are paying a penalty so you can keep costs lower than shipping to your furthest US customers?? Harrumph.

Don't compare yourself to Tower Hobbies.

sailr
08-21-2007, 06:46 PM
The best solution to your perception of a problem is don't buy the product. OK? Your comments are unfair. I would ask you to retract them. We are trying to run a business, not a charity operation.

Stick 'em in an envelope, lick a stamp and drop it in the mailbox ... even charge me a couple bucks "handling fee" and we're only looking at a couple of bucks.

I am so tired of web retailers touting cheap product prices then making it up on the back end with inflated shipping and handling fees.

Charge and honest price, charge what it costs to ship, add in a small 'handling fee' to cover your time. But $7.00 for something so small? Preposterous.

Then you tell us that shipping to some places it costs MORE than $7.00 to ship ... so that means your closer customers are paying a penalty so you can keep costs lower than shipping to your furthest US customers?? Harrumph.

Don't compare yourself to Tower Hobbies.

Gnascher
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll apologize for taking my ire out on you in particular, but my statements still stand. It shouldn't cost so much to ship a few ounces to most of the US ... even if you go with USPS Priority (which is pretty much a waste in most cases...). I am in no way asking for Charity as you so eloquently put it, only to pay a fair price for product AND shipping.

As for not buying your product ... I think we can agree on that.

simibill
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
All shipments are sent Priority mail. The lowest cost for priority mail from our location to the farthest location is MORE than $7. Check out the shipping costs from Tower, etc. these days and they send it by slow snail mail or UPS.

Most of our customers order the small and the medium, sometimes two or three of each. The shipping is a non factor when you buy more product.

Actually Priority Mail max cost is $4.60 for any CONUS address.

Lip84
08-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Those are simply pieces of foam that are cut up. Go take some scrap epp and make them on your own. Stick it to the man! Zing!

gfdengine204
08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I would be willing to bet that with a little ingenuity, the purchase of some foam (which one can cut to the shape needed, and adding a slot for the wires) and some double-sided carpet tape would do the trick for considerably less.

And I bet I would get a better attitude from my friendly neighborhood Ace employee than I saw in this thread.

Just my humble opionion.