PDA

View Full Version : New Quarter Scale Fournier RF4-D

mmartin55
08-22-2007, 03:10 AM
Hi All,

I've just released for cutting and the first production run of high quality glass cowls and vacuum-formed clear plastic canopies for our new quarter scale Fournier RF4-D motorglider. It is designed and prototyped by retired Boeing modeler Fred Guilfoyle and is a masterpeice of design and function developed from the outset for E-power. It is built as a conventional framed truss fuselage with sheeting D section wing and aft capped ribs using a upper and lower spar cap and sheer web built up wooden spar system.

Please email me if interested in our new release special offer and look for our New Product Announcement in Model Aviation, Flying Models and Aufwind magazines beginning next month and for more information, photos and history of this classic and popular craft visit the following web page: http://www.tmrcsailplanes.com/fournier-rf4-d-model.html.

As always, thanks for your support!

Tom

Fournier RF4-D specs
SPAN: 115 in. (2.9m)
LENGTH: 63 in. (160cm)
ASPECT: 11:1
AREA: 1168 in. sq.
AIRFOIL: Clark Y with Phillips entry
WEIGHT: 9 lbs. (4.1kg)
WING LOADING: 18 oz./ft.sq.
SCALE: 1:4
POWER: AXI 4120/18 - 6s1p Neu Energy 4900 (prototype) using Castle Phoenix 80 ESC
PROP: 16-10
FUNCTIONS: Rudder, Elevator, Spoiler, Aileron, Retract
CONSTRUCTION: Plywood and Balsa, laser cut with fabric or film covering
BUILD THREAD: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587228

buzzbomber
09-14-2007, 03:18 PM
When I was pretty young, my older brother had a Cox Sportavia. I always thought that plane was a nice "scale" trainer because the .049 would haul it up to where you had a decent flight time and the conrols were docile enough that you had to be pretty ham-fisted to get it upset. Unfortunately, my father decided that he should have no trouble flying this, after all, he's a full scale pilot...

Your version looks VERY nice. Unfortunately for me, it's much too large to fit in my car(one of the drawbacks of driving a convertible).

If you ever do a 2M version, I'd love to hear about it.

mmartin55
09-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Matt,

Fred's plans are very complete and include templates for all of the parts necessary to build this at quarter scale. I am quite sure that reduced to 1:6 scale and 76" of span or 1:5 scale and 92" of span (which still is quite transportable with two-part wings and 50" fuselage) would be quite viable to scratch or we could offer parts cut for either scale.

Unfortunately, I would think the market for these would be rather narrow and it would be difficult to support either with engine cowls.

Tom

Mike_Taylor
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Tom, you have not fulfilled my order from January 17, and you refuse to answer my e-mails, PMs or phone calls. I am not the only one who is out product. Will we have to file charges and put you out of business, or would you rather fulfill a few orders? Let me know what your choice is (no response = file the charges)

Mike Taylor
Unhappy would-have-been customer