PDA

View Full Version : Futaba 7C setup

fasted623
11-10-2005, 04:47 AM
I hope this does not sound too stupid. I have built my first foam plane. It ia a homemade SU 27 shock flyer. It is a three channel setup with one servo for the left rear control surface and one for the right. The third is for the ESC. I want the left stick up and down to be throttle. The right stick will be left and right for left and right elevon (?) and up and down to be elevator. I have tried to decipher the menus on the 7C. The ESC has to be on the number 2 channel of the 4 channel receiver to be on the up and down of left stick. This leave one servo on 1 and the other on 3. This result has right stick left/right for left control surface and up/down for the right. Diagonally down to the left cause both surfaces to go down (elevator?) and diagonally up right is both surfaces up. The pieces and parts are as follows:

Futaba 7CAP
Feigao 12088425L 12 X 30 brushless motor
BP 10A brushless ESC
E-Tec LiPoly 7.4V 700HP
Bluebird 4 ch receiver (BMR-04-H-F-S-72MHZ UM1)
Bluebird servo (x2) BMS-306BB

Any help from what I gather is a very experience bunch of people will be greatly appreciated.

jaguartrax
11-11-2005, 07:55 AM
I hope this does not sound too stupid. I have built my first foam plane. It ia a homemade SU 27 shock flyer. It is a three channel setup with one servo for the left rear control surface and one for the right. The third is for the ESC. I want the left stick up and down to be throttle. The right stick will be left and right for left and right elevon (?) and up and down to be elevator. I have tried to decipher the menus on the 7C. The ESC has to be on the number 2 channel of the 4 channel receiver to be on the up and down of left stick. This leave one servo on 1 and the other on 3. This result has right stick left/right for left control surface and up/down for the right. Diagonally down to the left cause both surfaces to go down (elevator?) and diagonally up right is both surfaces up. The pieces and parts are as follows:

Futaba 7CAP
Feigao 12088425L 12 X 30 brushless motor
BP 10A brushless ESC
E-Tec LiPoly 7.4V 700HP
Bluebird 4 ch receiver (BMR-04-H-F-S-72MHZ UM1)
Bluebird servo (x2) BMS-306BB

Any help from what I gather is a very experience bunch of people will be greatly appreciated.
Fasted623,
It sounds like you figured out what the problem was. Congratulations.
Your homemade SU-27 setup sounds pretty fun.
Have fun on your maiden flight In Weston, OR tomorrow in the new empty lot down the street from your house. Hope the weather is nice for flying.
Let us know how it flies.

Matt Kirsch
11-12-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm not so sure about that... Sounds like he needs to activate the ELEVON mixing function in the 7C. Flying on the diagonal like that... Could be kinda tricky.

fasted623
11-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I did manage to figure out the problem. I needed to change to mode 2 to get the controls setup. When in doubt read the instructions! Once I realized it the mode that needed to be changed I scanned the manual and found that you hold down the MODE and END buttons while powering on the transmitter. Problem solved.