PDA

View Full Version : E-Flight P-47

Doppelganger
11-10-2005, 08:42 AM
I picked this plane up today for 74.00. It is just unbelievable. The detail is amazing. All the tedious building is done for you. Cutting in the rudder is optional. But with this plane, I just have to have full house controls. I had been looking for a warbird that was a little bigger than the GWS birds, but at a reasonable price. This is definately what I was looking for. My spouse unit works this Friday, so I can bring it home and "build" it. Actually I should say finish it. It will only take a few hrs.

This plane even comes with a pilot figure installed. It also has a detailed instrument panel. The fairing has a bit of a weathered look. They also included bombs to attach to the wings. I havent decided if I'll install the landing gear or just belly land it. I went with the suggested E-Flight Park 450 Outrunner. I'll probably use a Precision Aerobatics 2000 mah 3 cell pack, CoolRunning 25Amp ESC, and E-Flight servos throughout. I've never installed retracts before. This may be an option. Though I'll have to ask Dave the retract guru at our field.

Please chime in and tell me your impressions of this masterpiece!:)

debhicks
11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I just think it's beautifully done. The paint job done on it is nice. E-flite is really doing a great job on these new foamy airplains. If you didn't know it was foam right away you would think it was a carefully detailed balsa.

Now lets see it fly. :)

Morgue
11-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Has anyone got any info on how the P47 does if built stock

WWI Ace
11-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm waiting on the new Cessna!!!

Twmaster
11-16-2005, 04:29 AM
I too am waiting on the Cessna. One word of warning. Both of the Jugs that came in at my LHS had poorly glued elevator and aileron hinges. They literally pulled out with only a light tug. No way would they survive first flight. So do pay attention to the addendum in the kit that warns of this.

Otherwise it is a really super looking plane well worth the price IMHO.

nonav8er
11-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Evening,
Hope to be picking up the E-Flite P-47 next week. Local dealer has the upgrade to brushless and speed controller waiting. I'm so new at this that I can't even tell you what kind of brushless! Good news from a fellow worker...he is going to let me buy his F4U (has a brushless in it, and a high wing trainer. He prefers gas and feels starting with the high wing will make the transition to low wing and ailerons will be easier. I'll try not to bother with too many "stupid questions". I have two electric helicopters (fixed and collective) but can't seem to do ANYTHING with them. Look forward to the electric warbirds!
Steve

gnirwin
11-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Has anyone had problems hand launching this plane with the stock motor? I have the Horizon electric Mustang that flies beautifully but is a real handfull to launch. I don't think I would buy this plane if it is the same.

debhicks
11-23-2005, 02:55 PM
:)Cessna's are in:). I always go through any arf I fly and check all hinges and re-glue or hinge where nessessary. I always remember that modelers did not build the arfs but some low paid factory worker in China. Their job is production and nothing else.

Twmaster
11-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Darn good point and well said Deb.

So, how's the cessna look? Got piccies??? :p

debhicks
11-23-2005, 03:08 PM
As good as the picture on the site. :)

It looks really good in person. shhhhhh Now I have to go close the box. I feel like I just opened a Christmas Present:)

Twmaster
11-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Well I just took a new Cessna home with me from my LHS. It is as nice as the P-47 IMHO. A few things I don't like but I'm a picky So-n-so.

IMHO the P-47 is a great buy. If I was not flooded with kits right now I would have the E-Flite Jug too.

Hotshot Charlie
11-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Is the P47 a foam kit? Sure would like to see one in person.
Sounds nice.

BTW, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE !

Twmaster
11-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Yup a foamy.

However the thing is realy well detailed, includes nice scaleish features like a pair of bombs, painted pilot figure, and 6 'Ma Duece's protrude from the wing. The surfaces of the plane look OK too even for foam. Lots of detail. Other than the hinge issues (see the other P-47 threads) the only grumble I have is the paint on the tail looks a bit fuzzy on the edges due to poor or hurried masking.

Hotshot Charlie
11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks Mike for the info, I sure would like to see one in person.

Maybe a trip to the hobby shop in Memphis or Florence is upcoming.

WWI Ace
12-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Got my Cessna!! Looks great!!! Just waiting on outrunner mount from Horizon so I can put my Park 400 on it.

Air Trucker
04-10-2007, 02:36 AM
I have a e-flight brushless 480 in my 47 that I flew for the first Sat. What a hot rod. Also hooked up rudder helps on landing.