PDA

View Full Version : AXI 5330-18 and Phoenix HV controller

d_wheel
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Looking for anyone with experience using an AXI 5530-18 and/or a Phoenix 110 HV speed control. After connecting this pair with a 10s 8 amp lipo pack, I cannot get it to work. The motor simply stutters back and forth when I advance throttle and will never start.

I tried connecting the Phoenix 110 HV to a Hacker C50 with a 5s lipo pack, and all was well. I also connected the 5330-18 to a Phoenix 80 and 5s pack and again, all was well. So, this would seem to tell me that both the 110 HV, and the AXI 5330 are OK. The only thing left are the controller settings. Any suggestions are welcome.

Later;

D.W.

Bill Hawthorne
11-11-2005, 06:53 PM
D.W.

Why don't you contact the support department of Castle Creations at support@castlecreations.com (support@castlecreations.com) and see if they can give you some idea on the settings you need....they have always come through for me when I have had problems. :D

Bill

jrb
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I think you’ll find more users of CC ESCs in this forum; specifically for the P-110HV: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=168 .

Also, a call or e-mail to CC would likely get a quick and informed response.

Way back when the P-60 1st came out there were some starting issues with higher pole motors; I experienced it with a 6 pole Mega (AXI is 12) on 20cells – worked OK on 6, but got progressively worse as the cell count was increased.

Turns out a vendor to CC had shipped lower quality components; so the whole batch of ESCs was bad.

CC will stand by their stuff; you can bank on it.

d_wheel
11-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Bill and JRB,

I have already contacted CC. Just thought I would try to tap the information base here also. Someone may have ran into this problem already and know how to solve it.

I have had great service from them in the past, and have no doubt all will end well this time also.

Later;

D.W.

Rugar
11-11-2005, 08:13 PM
If you have a Phx Link, you might try playing around with different firmware version's.

rcfoamy
11-12-2005, 03:01 AM
Dw,

I"m using the AXI 5330/18 with the HV110 without any problems, You might want to got to there website and download the new software for setting it up. I'm using it on my 2 meter pattern plane.
Feel free to contact me direct at scott@rcfoamy.com for more info or a phone number.

Scott Anderson
Team PMA
Team Tanic

Matt Kirsch
11-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Downloading the latest firmware is a good start. However, you do need to select the "Hard" timing setting with Phoenix ESCs to get them working properly with AXi outrunners.