PDA

View Full Version : Feigao brushless and esc questions

JPriami
09-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I need some help. I bought this little Kyosho C-1 Mini-Z Catamaran. And I think it would be neat to convert it over to brushless. I read a Feigao 1230-4100Kv does well in these. But I wanted to know if there was a better motor out there anyone could tell me of and where to buy.

Also I need the smallest and lightest possible brushless ESC to run with this because size and weight is major on this little model. Please help im a nitro guy and this electric stuff is alien lol.

Bill G
09-03-2007, 03:58 AM
Do you have a pic of the plane? Not sure what it is.
I use a quite a few 12mm Feigao brushless motors. Was just flying my little Guillows Cessna 150 today, that has a DD Feigao, I think 3600kv. Use a bunch of them in EDF40 and 50 fans also.

Geared, the 4100 and higher kv motors are pretty impressive. I was flying a Great Planes Hellcat with one for a while, with A gearing and a 9070 3-blade prop, just for an example of what they can do.

The Tbird-9 ESC is a light, inexpensive ESC. I think the Phoenix-10 is a better grade ESC, from my experiences, but a bit more expensive. They use 20ga wire with lightweight thin silcone insulation. Shortening the wires can make them very light.

Bill

JPriami
09-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Well dont laugh but its not a plane (i know this is electric plane site) it s a small catamaran boat. And its about 9 in long 3 in wide. But I figure people here would know better than anyone about small brushless motors and esc's.

Kyosho Mini-Z C-1 Catamaran as pictured.

Dr Kiwi
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I can't see why, with correct gearing, you could not use a 12mm Feigao and a CC 6A, 4g-5g ESC.

The hard part will be experimenting to find the right gear to run a tiny boat prop at around the 4A-5A max for the motor. A lot of try it and see!

JPriami
09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I decided to cancel the order on the boat. I just fear it would of been too small to use. Looks cool though