PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestion

Sky Sharkster
08-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi Marc, great site! Glad to see an electric-only location, Best of Luck!!
My suggestion is for a "Club" Listing, URL, contacts, maybe a short description of main interests, flying site location, newsletter, etc. As new flyers come in (or switch from other types of R/C) it would help if they could easily find the closest E-Club. Maybe list by country/State? Anyway, I'll post your site on our newsletter www.rmeflyers.org (http://www.rmeflyers.org) click "Forums". Thanks, Ron

admin
08-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Ron,

Hi. Welcome to WattFlyer and thanks for the kind words regarding it. I like your suggestion. So now the only thing we need to figure out is the best way to skin the cat. Do you think this should be forum based or a separate application here on the site? If forum based maybe just a single forum where I can give direction that new threads be created in some format (i.e. Title is "State, Club Name) and then in the thread list all other pertinent information. The members could then use that thread as their personal club forum. If you have other ideas let me know.

There is a club locator tool (http://www.rcuniverse.com/clubs/index.cfm)with newsletter features, etc on RCU but no epower only filter but I may see if Michael can add one with the emergence of many epower only clubs.

Thanks for posting the url on your newsletter too :)

John Seidelman
08-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I am also new to this sport and looking for locals that I might fly with. A search mode would help.

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Ron,

Hi. Welcome to WattFlyer and thanks for the kind words regarding it. I like your suggestion. So now the only thing we need to figure out is the best way to skin the cat. Do you think this should be forum based or a separate application here on the site? If forum based maybe just a single forum where I can give direction that new threads be created in some format (i.e. Title is "State, Club Name) and then in the thread list all other pertinent information. The members could then use that thread as their personal club forum. If you have other ideas let me know.

There is a club locator tool (http://www.rcuniverse.com/clubs/index.cfm)with newsletter features, etc on RCU but no epower only filter but I may see if Michael can add one with the emergence of many epower only clubs.

Thanks for posting the url on your newsletter too :)

I think a thread that said "Clubs" would be nice then when you clicked on it it would take you to a new page where all the clubs are listed,everyone could list there clubs and make it by state and then abc order to be easy to find..... Maybe once you clicked on a club it could be a addy for the clubs website then another link to click on for a fourm to talk about the club and whatever??????? What you think? I am on all driffrent fourm sites I love fourms.I'm up for giving ideas.if you decide to do this let us know I am a member of two driffrnt clubs here in GA. I would be happy to list them for you.Or give them to you so you could list them.

Mike Parsons
08-09-2005, 01:33 AM
I think a club forum is an excellent idea. I think it would be neat to see it either listed or searchable by state.

Good to see you here Chris!! :).

-Mike

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 01:48 AM
I think a club forum is an excellent idea. I think it would be neat to see it either listed or searchable by state.

Good to see you here Chris!! :).

-Mike

Same here Mike,As I said in another thread,glad I'm not alone here:).

Mike Parsons
08-09-2005, 02:06 AM
:)

watt_the?!
09-25-2005, 07:04 AM
my 2 cents worth....

clubs are great if you want to list every club/site in the world (or at least those submitted)...and then some way to filter the view.

afaik this would be the greatest list available anywhere on thw web and might take some effort to keep current.

i love the idea, but know that even here in our little part of the world such a task isnt easy.

ive spoken to marc about an events calendar, which i think would be ok as it relies on members to add/edit events...and attendees beware of correct details.... but clubs...guarantee that if a club moves, changes contact details etc etc it wont get updated... the good thing about events is that they come and then are gone.

as i said, my 2 c worth.

tim.