PDA

View Full Version : One very "Ugly Stik"......

Aussie E-Flite
09-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I managed to make splinter sauce out of one of my favourite planes the other day. The VMAR Extreme Stick was a great flyer, not pretty to look at but a good test bed for several radios/engines/ESC.

Very windy day, turning low, short finals on crosswind, caught the edge of a very bumpy thermal (2 gliders just landed after being blasted skywards in the same thermal) and tipped the wing over in a split second.

Almost recovered, but it hit the ground in a very slight nose down attitude, and hit very hard.

Not feasible to repair as many internal ribs on the right wing had been fractured in the impact. Fortunately, all electronics and motor survived and tested OK. Because of the narrow angle of impact, it did not even bend the motor shaft!

Back to the assembly board - thank god for ARTF's!!! The Stick will be replaced by a World Models Sky Raider Mach II.

http://www.theworldmodels.us/para/products/airplanemodels/planeParts/A178S/index.htm

Cheers all, and happy flying.

max2112
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry for your loss, AussieEflite.
But I like your attitude!:D
Instead of focusing on the bad, you've already got a replacement airframe in mind.

Good Luck!

Aussie E-Flite
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Max.

I guess you gotta take the bad with the good.