PDA

View Full Version : please anyone i need help? newbie

mountaindr3wz
11-14-2005, 12:31 AM
i want to know how to make both aerilons work at the same time in the opposite direction

Steve
11-14-2005, 12:40 AM
More info is needed....what are you building?

If you're using one servo to drive the ailerons, the servo arm will move in opposite directions making the ailerons move correctly.

mountaindr3wz
11-14-2005, 12:53 AM
thanks steve i got it figured out. just pray for me since im going to do my maiden

Steve
11-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Good luck. When are you going to fly?

mountaindr3wz
11-14-2005, 02:30 AM
i went and flyed by a park just 1 block away from my house. i crashed 2 times but still can be fixed

Steve
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Well that's a start....good for you. You're that much closer to being a new pilot! Do you know why you crashed? Understanding and correcting what you did wrong is an important part of learning to fly.

mountaindr3wz
11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
ive been thinking cause some people spend a few bucks on foam i can just start builing a few planes myself. it will save me a bunch load of money

Steve
11-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Huh?

mountaindr3wz
11-17-2005, 07:08 AM
like instead of crashing and buying planes ill just make my own from plans on the web.

Steve
11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Right. Well, it may be cheaper....but not by much I can tell you. By the time you factor in the build time and the goodies to make it fly, you could easily buy a laser cut balsa kit.

I've built two planes out of foam core. An STC and an STS. The STC is a wonderful little plane and with a small brushless or a GWS350 it really flies great. My nephew and I fly combat with them and they're a lot of fun.

Another nice plan is the Citabria.

http://www.3dfoamy.com/Citabria.htm

building with FFF is a lot of fun and the planes are really tough. My little STC has put up with a lot of abuse, and it's still flying.

Here's a shot of the STC and the plans

sobamaflyer
11-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I've been working on an STC myself after reading so much about it. This is my first build ever and although I read this takes experienced builders 1.5 hours I've been working on it for 3 or 4 evenings. I'm building heavy using Wal-Foam leaving most of the paper on (theorizing it will make it tougher). It's really been a bit of fun, I was ready for something I could re-build and use my electronics again.

....on the original question, can't you use 2 sep. servos and use a y-harness, assuming I understand the use properly that makes both run off the same channel imput but at opposite throws?

mountaindr3wz
11-17-2005, 03:25 PM
thanks soabamflyer i figured how to make them work at the same time. i have a jr xp6102 and you know computer radios these days they can sometimes get you mad. ( like me)

Steve
11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, you would use a y harness if you are using 2 separate servos for ailerons.

I've been working on an STC myself after reading so much about it. This is my first build ever and although I read this takes experienced builders 1.5 hours I've been working on it for 3 or 4 evenings. I'm building heavy using Wal-Foam leaving most of the paper on (theorizing it will make it tougher). It's really been a bit of fun, I was ready for something I could re-build and use my electronics again.

....on the original question, can't you use 2 sep. servos and use a y-harness, assuming I understand the use properly that makes both run off the same channel imput but at opposite throws?

Rugar
11-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Yes, you would use a y harness if you are using 2 separate servos for ailerons.

Why? If you have a computer radio just run them off of separate channels. That is unless you only have a 4 channel RX, then you would have to use a y-harness.

mountaindr3wz
11-18-2005, 12:41 AM
nope i have a 6 channel rx its working great i found the manual on line a whaalaa its working

harrymc
11-18-2005, 03:56 AM
With that JR radio, just set your wing type to flaperons and plug in one aileron to channel 2 (AILE) and the other to channel 6 (BATT/AUX1). It's that simple.

mountaindr3wz
11-18-2005, 05:20 AM
harrymc you have a miss hangar one right? do you use v tail or the regular adjustment for foamys?