PDA

View Full Version : New Product - 53" 3D Hobby Shop EBT Trainer:

QuietRCFly
09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
This is the new trainer from 3D Hobby Shop. We just got some in stock today. While it is a trainer, they made sure it can do aerobatics as well.

I will add pics later and start a build this weekend.

The EBT (Electric Basic Trainer) is not just your ordinary flat bottom high wing trainer. The EBT offers the beginner pilot a very solid platform on which to successfully learn how to fly r/c. With its high visibility and contrasting color scheme the EBT is extremely ease to track while in the sky regardless of sky conditions. The EBT is capable of flying at extremely slow airspeeds which offers the beginner time to fly the plane without worrying about stalling the airplane. The EBT will build confidence very quickly for any new pilot as it has no bad habits and can be slowed to a crawl on landings.

BUT IT'S a TAILDRAGGER!!

We have all heard the concept that the best trainers have to have tri-cycle landing gear in order for it to be a good trainer. The only problem with this is the pilot is forced to learn how to takeoff and landing tail wheel airplanes later on as most sport and 3D model r/c airplanes are tail draggers. By teaching the new pilot how to fly tail draggers from the beginning the learning curve is greatly reduced when it comes time to upgrade to the sport/3D planes. It couldn't be easier to takeoff and land the new EBT. Simply apply power and after a short takeoff roll with minimal rudder input the plane is airborne. Landing the EBT requires no more additional effort than taking off.

The best thing about the EBT is that once the beginner pilot gains some experience with it the plane with higher rates will do many of the basic aerobatic maneuvers with ease. Not only will it do basic aerobatic maneuvers but it will also do some pre-3D maneuvers as well. The best part of the EBT is that once the beginner pilot is ready to move on to a more advanced airplane all the equipment can easily be put into such airplanes as the 3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra SHP 300, 47" Katana and their 47" YAK-54 models. This makes it extremely cost effective for the first time buyer.

INTERGRATED PACKAGE:

The EBT comes with a complete high quality hardware package that makes the time from box to flight ready a simple matter of a few hours. The manual is very through and answers most any question a beginner could have during the build. The only thing needed to finish the EBT is common building supplies found at most hobby stores and your choice of power setup and battery selection. The EBT will have an introductory price of $99.99.

Here is the item on our website:
http://www.quietrcflying.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=3DH-EBT-ARF

Here is a video of what it can do :D:D: 3DHS EBT Video (http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/private_images/ebt01.wmv)

We also offer a combo with the Torque motor and 35 AMP ESC.

QuietRCFly
09-13-2007, 05:42 AM
3D Hobby Shop sends their kits to customers and dealers triple boxed! Of course that is also how we will send them to our customers as well.

The kit is very well packaged and everything is well secured with tape in the kit box.

With a little thumb through the manual, it looks very good! With lots of tips and info for beginners.

aviatordave
09-14-2007, 04:02 AM
That flies pretty nice, I was impressed. I was skeptical if it could hover being a high wing plane, it did pretty good. Now I have another plane to consider.... :)

QuietRCFly
09-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Now offered in a yellow/blue scheme as well. Also includes an extra set of gear for those who want to add floats.:D

Gohmer
09-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Sounds a little large for a backyard or park flyer. Why don't you advertise it in the for sale section?

QuietRCFly
09-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Agreed really is too big for a parkflyer. Better in trainer section or new product section, but I can't move it now. No commercial stuff is allowed in the for sale section, so that is not an option. Fine by me if the administrators want to move it.

However I also invite anyone with this plane to post pics, tips or any info helpful to other flyers. I do fly this plane and love it!

simibill
09-24-2008, 01:57 PM
I have an EBT and it is a fine flying machine. The original elevator and rudder push rods were too large to move smoothly in their guide tubes. I complained about this to Chris and he reimbursed me for smaller push rods I purchased from Tower Hobbies. Here are the details of my EBT.

Motor: Torque 2818T-900

Propeller: APC 12x6 e

ESC: AirBoss 35A

Battery: 2500mAh 3S Lipo

Radio: DX7 AR6200

Comments: 39.5 oz, AUW

Gohmer
09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Basement bargains looks like the only for sale section where commmercial ads are not permitted. If you continue to advertise in the discussion sections it speaks very strongly of your sense of ethics and your respect for this community.

Agreed really is too big for a parkflyer. Better in trainer section or new product section, but I can't move it now. No commercial stuff is allowed in the for sale section, so that is not an option. Fine by me if the administrators want to move it.

However I also invite anyone with this plane to post pics, tips or any info helpful to other flyers. I do fly this plane and love it!

ministeve2003
09-25-2008, 02:16 AM
3dHobbyshop sells Very High Quality Planes, I don't care where they Advertise, So long as people see their planes....

ps, Its only 5 inches wider than a hobbyzone supercub...

SK

QuietRCFly
09-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Basement bargains looks like the only for sale section where commmercial ads are not permitted. If you continue to advertise in the discussion sections it speaks very strongly of your sense of ethics and your respect for this community.

Well Ghomer, if you did not notice, this thread is now in the new product section which is where the moderators chose to move it last night, so you can't argue with the placement. Also this thread follows Wattflyers rules (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15) for posting ads.

Besides, while I do like the exposure, what I want is for info about the product to get out and to create a place for discussion about a plane or new product. Thats how info gets out. If there is no interest the thread dies as it should. Next time I will try to do a build thread which is more informative for everyone.