PDA

View Full Version : Jeti programming card.

d_wheel
11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
A local flier just purchased a Jeti Advance speed control and programming card. Being the local electric “guru” (the only person flying electric) he called me for help with the programming. Not being a Jeti user, I don’t have any experience with the device but told him I would attempt to find out. The jumpers on the card are all fairly self explanatory, but there are no instructions on how to connect it to the speed control and download the data. Any help would be appreciated. A step by step “Jeti programming for dummies” would be great.

Later;

D.W.

qban_flyer
11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
A local flier just purchased a Jeti Advance speed control and programming card. Being the local electric “guru” (the only person flying electric) he called me for help with the programming. Not being a Jeti user, I don’t have any experience with the device but told him I would attempt to find out. The jumpers on the card are all fairly self explanatory, but there are no instructions on how to connect it to the speed control and download the data. Any help would be appreciated. A step by step “Jeti programming for dummies” would be great.

Later;

D.W.

Connect the Jeti Advance ESC to the right upper port, the one marked controller (it should have been labeled ESC). It is the one that plugs into the Throttle port in the RX, make sure you observe the color coding. Then connect the battery pack to the ESC battery connector. You will hear the series of "beeps" the instruction sheet mentions very casually.

Once that is done, unplug the battery from the ESC, as it has recorded the instructions (based on the jumper's choices made) given. Disconnect the ESC from the Programming card and connect it to the RX Throttle channel, plug the battery in and wait for a series of "chirps". Once the ESC stops "chirping" the plane is good to go. Some refer to the chirping as music (?) and the sequence will repeat itself every time a pack is plugged into it.

BTW: The upper left connector is to be used with Jeti Opto Coupler ESCs only and requires a 4.8 to 6V battery pack.

It is a rather simple process once one learns it, but I'd prefer sticking to my Castle Creations ESCs and their programming routine. I only have two of the Jetis (and the card) and seven of the C/Cs. That should give you an idea as to which brand I like best.

simibill
11-16-2005, 02:28 AM
I thought you needed the transmitter on?

qban_flyer
11-16-2005, 03:07 AM
I thought you needed the transmitter on?

Just to make sure I am not misleading anyone, I just tried it with one of mine. So here we go again.

With these programming cards the RX. & TX. remain out of the equation in the programming phase.

The Advance ESC gets plugged into the upper "left" (11-17-05 - CORRECTIVE EDIT: should read RIGHT instead of LEFT) connector of the card (after the jumpers are in the desired locations), the battery pack gets connected to the battery connector on the Advance ESC. After one to three seconds, the contraption will emit one single beep. That means the ESC is now programmed as per the jumper settings.

Disconnect the battery from the ESC first, disconnect the ESC from the programming card and plug it (the ESC) into the Throttle channel of the RX. Only then will the TX. be turned on followed by connecting the battery to the ESC.

Once it is thus connected, a series of musical tones (nothing musical about them) will play in sequence. Once the ESC is armed it will fall silent and the motor is ready to spin.

Hopefully the three wires to the motor will be in the proper order and the prop will rotate in the correct direction, if not just reverse any two of the wires to the motor to correct this quirk. DO NOT DISCONNECT AND OR RECONNECT THE MOTOR WIRES WHILE THE BATTERY IS PLUGGED INTO THE JETI ADVANCE ESC!!!

Is it any wonder why I'd rather put up with C/Cs complicated programming sequence rather than the Jeti's card?

d_wheel
11-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks qban flyer! Sounds simple enough.

Later;

D.W.

qban_flyer
11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks qban flyer! Sounds simple enough.

Later;

D.W.

It is, though the instructions supplied are anything but simple! Glad to have been able to help.

Azarr
11-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Just to make sure I am not misleading anyone, I just tried it with one of mine. So here we go again.

The Advance ESC gets plugged into the upper left connector of the card

?

I thought it plugged into the upper right and the upper left was for power for the Optocoupled ESCs :confused: For something that should be simple, it is confusing.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com (http://www.ecubedrc.com)

Matt Kirsch
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
It depends on which side of the card is considered the "top." Some may consider the side with the logo the top, and others the side with all the settings.

Regardless, plug the Electronic Speed CONTROLLER into the port labeled "controller." That eliminates the whole right-left thing altogether.

qban_flyer
11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I thought it plugged into the upper right and the upper left was for power for the Optocoupled ESCs :confused: For something that should be simple, it is confusing.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com (http://www.ecubedrc.com)

My mistake. The photo included with my first post on this thread clearly indicated (I added "ESC" in yellow bold letters to it) the upper right connector and I also mentioned that the "ESC" plugs into the connector of the card marked "controller". Same photo found below.

The purpose of the Jeti Card is to bypasss the TX and RX in the programming phase. What's been programmed is the ESC, neither the TX or the RX are needed as it is the case with others.

Again, the ESC plugs into the upper right card connector, the one marked "controller" by the makers fo the contraption. Had they been a bit smarter they would have either given clearer instructions with the device or marked that particular connector ESC instead. Just as they label the battery selector type as ACCU instead of BATT! :o

qban_flyer
11-17-2005, 10:55 PM
It depends on which side of the card is considered the "top." Some may consider the side with the logo the top, and others the side with all the settings.

Regardless, plug the Electronic Speed CONTROLLER into the port labeled "controller." That eliminates the whole right-left thing altogether.

Thanks Matt.

I should have been a bit more careful and proof read the post before doing the posting.

I assumed that the "doctored" attached photo was self explanatory regarding where the ESC was supposed to be plugged in. :o

Tucson Don
02-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Jetti program card is in need of better instructions and a diagram that shows
how to connect it to the ESC and battery. If the ESC is at the "top right"
does the battery connect at the "top left"? One photo would save a lot of
confusion and maybe ruined batteries.
Donald Santee

arylin
10-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Probably, ACCU is an abbreviation for ACCUMULATOR,
which means 'BATTERY' in some languages.

ragbag
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Jetti program card is in need of better instructions and a diagram that shows
how to connect it to the ESC and battery. If the ESC is at the "top right"
does the battery connect at the "top left"? One photo would save a lot of
confusion and maybe ruined batteries.
Donald Santee

The Advance ESC gets plugged into the upper "left" (11-17-05 - CORRECTIVE EDIT: should read RIGHT instead of LEFT) connector of the card (after the jumpers are in the desired locations), the battery pack gets connected to the battery connector on the Advance ESC. After one to three seconds, the contraption will emit one single beep. That means the ESC is now programmed as per the jumper settings.

So simple even a cave man can do it.:)

.................................................. ....................