PDA

View Full Version : Miss Hydro 2.0 from GITaHobby.com

GITech001
09-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone!

Miss Hydro 1.5 is GITing a makeover.

By the time I finished typing all the new features I think she needs a new version name. How's 2.0 sound?

NEW Improvements and Changes!

- NEW MOTOR: TP2409-12...now the "turbo" motor is standard! More power and speeds up to 70mph!
- NEW SPEED CONTROL: The new TP20A ACRO ESC w/ PROGRAMING BOX included that every one is talking about!
- NEW BATTERY: Common Sense RC 11.1v 2000mah Lipo!

To see what else makes up the Miss Hydro 1.5/2.0 click here: GITaHobby.com (http://www.bizingo.com/m/GITech/p/complete-miss-hydro-v15.asp)

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with any hydro in this thread!

If you have any questions...ask away and everyone will try to help you! This is a great forum! :)

arniep
10-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Jason:
Thank you for sending the replacement ESC. I appreciate you supporting your product. Hopefully I can find time soon to install it.

--arniep

GITech001
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi arniep,

No problem! Thank you!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you, take care and TTYL,
Jay

smokejohnson
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow nice customer service Jay. Thats cool :tc:

GITech001
10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Thank you. "Do unto others..." ;):)

PROJECT GLOBETROTTER looks cool. I'll check it out.

smokejohnson
10-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Project Globetrotter is very cool :cool:. You should join in, there's plenty of time before it gets here to the US.

Cade
10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Woaw! What happened?! :eek: :confused:

I just finished reading the "Miss Hydro 1.5" thread which took me a couple of days to complete (553 posts you know ;)) and it suddenly stopped with the last post in July like everyone who was posting in it regular vanished from the face of the earth.

Then I found this thread about the new 2.0 version and nobody is posting in it, not even the regulars from the 1.5 thread! :eek:

Jay, are you still building the Miss Hydros? You still sell them? Why is it suddenly so quit around this great (from what I hear and read) hydrofoam?

As a newbie I am looking for a good RTF hydrofoam for a few weeks now when I spotted the Miss Hydro 1.5. This one looked like the one to get!

Reading the 1.5 thread was a lot of fun and I learned several things from it. I also learned how dedicated Jay is about building these hydro's and his valuable customers.

Now that he started a new thread everyone which I got so familiar with in the 1.5 thread is gone! Where is Chellie for example?

I hope everything is ok with all of you and that I can order my Miss hydro 2.0 in the near future.

With regards,

Randy

GITech001
10-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi Randy,

Yeah, I know. It is a tragedy. It seems interest has been lost in flying hydros.

The "RCV", walkera glider, and other "china" hydros made some big production contracts and sold a lot but were the worst versions out there. The least of the problems they all share is NONE of them have waterproofed electronics and all fail the first time they get wet! Then came the SL from the original creators as a toy. All of this seems to have killed almost all interest in the concept as nearly every person that has purchased any of them are less than impressed to disappointed with what they spent their hard earned money on.

There is also a huge misconception with flying hydros in those who only see a video and order one on impulse. They are not easy to fly...kind of on par with Helicopters in the need for precise setup and finesse in controlling them. Also, many people do not think about what happens if it lands upside down in water before they purchase one. A method of retrieving them is necessary such as a rescue boat or fishing line with a tennis ball on the end. Without one people are not prepared for this event that is inevitable. Again adding to the loss of interest.

That is were I came in trying to perfect it by building them by hand, providing a place were they can be discussed, trying to educate people and offer a product that I would want to buy and not be disappointed. It was a tough road to get started on as the idea was still fresh, I ran into a lot of opposition from some and I had a few (ESC) quality problems of my own.

This is were I am at now...

I am very unsure about the future of my Miss Hydro. The company that makes the foam for me...Arrowind.cn who made the Miss Hydroplane...no longer produces it. They have changed everything about their company. As it is now it will be near impossible for me to continue. I can no longer acquire all the parts needed at a reasonable price, never mind the foam no longer being produced. The molds were offered to me, but what am I going to do with the molds without a lot of money to produce them here in the US!? If I had that kind of money I would make new molds anyway based on what I know now about all the dynamics that would make the perfect hydro and save on final assembly time. It is a shame to loose her as I have perfected my techniques to an almost mysterious level. I can throw mine nose first into hard ground with all my might over and over and just drive/fly away. I did this Daly for six months in my retail store with one hydro and though she looked like elephant skin she never broke or tore any of her foam. Truly amazing.

I still believe in the merit of the concept but like many products I think she was before her time along with bad business decisions by "those who could" and crappy china knockoffs have combined to killed her, at least for now.

I can still acquire the supplies needed to make up to 40 more (I know were 40 more kits are) but only with a concentrated revived interest in the concept. If you are serious about wanting a Miss Hydro 2.0 you can contact me at gitechbuffalo@yahoo.com and we can work on getting one made. In fact the more people that want one, the greater the chances become that I can acquire the parts needed at a reasonable cost. If you want try to drum up some interest and get a few orders together. You could start your own thread or ask people you know and see what you could do to help. I may be able to come back, but for now I am out of resources.

Thank you for your kind words and great interest! I am sorry for (people like you and me) who would love to see this concept excepted and loved by everyone, but a bad start has scarred and damaged the possibility of that happening without the proper backing and minds behind the scenes.

Again, thank you for your kind words. Let me know if you have any more questions and I will do my best to help you out any way I can. :)

Take care and TTYL,
Jay

Cade
10-24-2007, 02:59 AM
Aw man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Didn't see it coming too!

I was all pumped up and happy just by reading the 1.5 thread, finally someone who made good hydro's instead of all those Chinese garbage copies. I almost fell for those too, but luckily I'm not really someone who buys these kind of things as an impuls. I put research in it and want to read user reviews and stuff like that before I buy anything.

The strange thing in my opinion is that the RCV hydro is most known among the hydro's when it comes to newbies. Just go to Ebay and search for hydrofoam (that's exactly what I did when I knew I wanted a RTF hydro), it looks like it's the only hydro in the world! So while the quality of it sucks ass, the suppliers did a very good job on the publicity.... which is a shame for such a lousy product. Speaking of Ebay... why didn't you open GITaHobby as an Ebay store? I'm certain that sales would go through the roof because it would have generated much more publicity.

Yes, I'm still serious about wanting a Miss Hydro 2.0 but I'm affraid since people lost interest in them they have become unaffordable. The 300 dollars that you would normally ask for it is already on the edge. I know, I know... I will get quality stuff that is selected by you personally and I have full faith in that. This is btw also much better than the big brands like Ikarus with their Wizard (which also seems to fly pretty good but I don't like the design) who also sell their kits now as RTF. I'm sure the electronics they provide with their RTF kits are of lesser quality that what you select. I'm just affraid being a newby that I will crash 300 dollars in the ground the minute it goes in the air and I doubt myself if I am able to fix it when it does since I know nothing about electronics, calibrating and that kind of stuff (that's why I want to buy from you, the whole thing is of excellent quality, completely setup and calibrated ---> REAL RTF!).

I'm training on different sims like a madman and I must say that it's going pretty good, but how does a sim-hydro compare to one in the real world? It seems so easy on the simulator (or I'm just talented :)). I own a small Kyosho/Parkzone Minium Cessna 210 plane with which I'm learning to fly which is quite hard because the plane is so small. It therefor acts very nervous on the controls but I'm getting there (I made a video of it which you can watch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZRcAwdMt4). As soon as I know for sure that I can control a hydrofoam I'm willing to invest 300 dollars (or more) in it (in a good hydrofoam of course ;)). Maybe I should record my hydro experience on the simulator and show it to you. Maybe you can tell me then whether I'm ready or not.

Next to FMS I also have AeroFly Pro Deluxe which I bought two years ago when I started with R/C heli's. But because lack of time and the fact that I thought heli-flying would be much more fun I'm selling my heli and want to replace it with a hydro. In my opinion that's much more fun to play with (I know for sure it is on the simulator :)). AFPD is more realistic then FMS and the hydro model I have for it is with it's speed comparable with a real world hydro. The Waterflyer hydro in FMS is rather slow, I bet the Miss Hydro is much faster then that :D ;), so I have to learn flying with it at that speed :).

I'm going to try if I can get more people interested in your hydro by opening a thread in the biggest R/C forum in the Netherlands. Let's see what that brings us.

Remember Wannafly? He was also from the Netherlands, did he ever bought something from you or did he only wanted advice for his crappy RCV hydro? :D I can't remember anymore since he posted in your 1.5 thread way back in the beginning.

Can you roughly sum up what it would cost me at this moment if I ordered a Miss Hydro 2.0 with you. Please include the shipping costs to the Netherlands with that.

I hope I can mean something for you by bringing in some costumers. It's just a real shame how populair your hydro was a few months ago and now it's all dead. Let's hope to bring back some life in this forum and your production for the Miss Hydro.

Btw, thank you for your long reply to my post. It means a lot.

Take care and I'll TTYL!

Randy

CHELLIE
10-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Woaw! What happened?! :eek: :confused:

I just finished reading the "Miss Hydro 1.5" thread which took me a couple of days to complete (553 posts you know ;)) and it suddenly stopped with the last post in July like everyone who was posting in it regular vanished from the face of the earth.

Then I found this thread about the new 2.0 version and nobody is posting in it, not even the regulars from the 1.5 thread! :eek:

Jay, are you still building the Miss Hydros? You still sell them? Why is it suddenly so quit around this great (from what I hear and read) hydrofoam?

As a newbie I am looking for a good RTF hydrofoam for a few weeks now when I spotted the Miss Hydro 1.5. This one looked like the one to get!

Reading the 1.5 thread was a lot of fun and I learned several things from it. I also learned how dedicated Jay is about building these hydro's and his valuable customers.

Now that he started a new thread everyone which I got so familiar with in the 1.5 thread is gone! Where is Chellie for example?

I hope everything is ok with all of you and that I can order my Miss hydro 2.0 in the near future.

With regards,

Randy

Hi Randy , Hi Jay :ws: YEAAAAAAAA, finally ,Jay Got a New thread up and running :ws: I am still around, been making some flat foamie planes from scratch , and getting them to fly, The Miss Hydro are neet, they sure get attention when i take mine out, I have 3 hydrofoams, any more and I will be pushed out of my bedroom ;) thats where they are all at, but i got my hobby room back, my oldest son finally moved out and got his own apt, YEA :D
so i will be moving my planes and building stuff, into the hobby room this weekend, I have a build on a delta, that flies like the hydro, when its in the air, its only cost a few dollars of foam board or depron to make, and it will be a great trainer, for the hydro foam when flying, here is the build if your interested, Take care, Chellie
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16298