Main Wing size 980mm
Main motor type 1530kv BL Motor
Main body length 860mm
Weight 560g
Battery type Li-Po (no info)
Radio system 4ch. 2 servos for roll, front wheel steering
Frequency: 35MHz
Receiver, Speed controller, 4 Servos

this is the link to the plane onsite:http://http://www.hobby-estore.co.uk/catalog/planes/skyartec-cessna-182-4ch-brushless-rtf-rc-plane-/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/847

Davidpal92
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
ordered,paid for over the last few days
and it was shipped today
it should arrive in 3-6 days

Davidpal92
10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
i received the plane yesterday and set it up within 5 hour (glue drying in between progress)

TOOK THE PICS TODAY

i first read through the manual then took all the pieces out of the bag and on to a tray:

cut an access slit for tail wing
cut out excess foam (MUST READ FIRST FOUR POSTS on this link: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21203 )
glued and attached tail wing and tail fin
waited and waited for the glue to dry
changed the nose wheel servo hole (see above link)
threaded aerial lead through fuselage and out the back at the front of the tail fin (see pictures)
attached main wing and landing gear
DEtached prop (safety)
attached all servo clips and setup controls
played around with the COG until good (ESC under the front window best for COG and power lead access)-(see last picture)pictures below (sort of in same order not all steps pictured) bear in mind i took these pictures after i fixed it all together

Davidpal92
10-02-2007, 07:11 PM
sorry i cant post pictures here yet IT ANIT WORKING!!

Davidpal92
10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
finally had flying weather today (WINDY)
flew it 3 time, crash landed it 3 times
damn this thing fast
i slammed the motor into full throttle thinking it would struggle to take off but boy was i wrong 0-30 the time between moving and crashing
had 3 flights all SLOWER than the last but the first landing did the damage.
in the air for about 5secs went about 150m away when i tried to put it down (at 30mph) @#*$. Bent the front gear and cursed a lot but on the plus side of the day i didn't break 1 prop w00t
because my flying Field is SO uneven and grassy I'm half way through converting it into a slide lander (no landing gear) as EVERY time i tried to land the front gear dug in deep and made the plane somersault.

sorry about the way this is written, i never was any good at writing essays.

pablo27
10-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Glad to see that you managed to out to play,sounds very fast, sorry to hear about the landings and the damage. Perhaps you can find another venue in your area with a smoother surface to practice landings on.

If you are having some probs uploading pictures, try resizing them to a smaller sized KB's. I had the same probs trying to upload some for Project Globetrotter.

Insomniac
10-11-2007, 06:06 AM
The number of kilobytes it takes up arn't the problem, it is most likely with width and height of the picture. I think the limit is 1200 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high. Hope that helps somewhat.

Davidpal92
10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
OK thanks guys
the flying Field is fine if you look on the thread "where do you fly in Europe"
i posted a google map link and directions
theres a big black tarmacked area in the bottom left thats where i take off and land at
but the wind was so strong on Sunday that i couldn't turn away from the wind easily therefor having to "put down" in the thick grass.

pablo27
10-11-2007, 08:27 PM
The number of kilobytes it takes up arn't the problem, it is most likely with width and height of the picture. I think the limit is 1200 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high. Hope that helps somewhat.

You are spot on there Insomniac, I shrunk my pictures to lower the KB's but of course the picture size went down with it. I remember reading elsewhere that it was the physical dimensions that were causing the issues.

pablo27
10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
OK thanks guys
the flying Field is fine if you look on the thread "where do you fly in Europe"
i posted a google map link and directions
theres a big black tarmacked area in the bottom left thats where i take off and land at
but the wind was so strong on Sunday that i couldn't turn away from the wind easily therefor having to "put down" in the thick grass.

I checked out your field David and it looks pretty good on the google image. The wind can always be the spoiler and you are quite near to the coast too, Sunday was great for flying up here in Chatham. I fly on a gentle slope that has thick grass and have always hand launched/ belly landed from there.
Good luck with your next flight, this weekend is looking great weather wise .

crash22e
10-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Not sure if it's a good thing, but I am waiting for delivery of a Cessna 182. Really want to learn to fly, although most flyboys are jerks and don't want to mess with an electric. Maybe I got the wrong beginner, but the passion is still there. Yes, I have a sim, but is there anyone else who has training experience? I only have 1 club within about 70 miles radius of me, and most of them are nitro jerks.

pablo27
10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Bud, you can find plenty of help under the beginners section of the forum here : http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

As for clubs and such you have posted in the 'European' section of the forum so that may be difficult considering your location !

The choice of your plane should be fine, any high wing trainer should fly well, keep an eye on Davidpal92's posts regarding the Cessna for hints and tips.

Good luck with flying when your bird arrives.

Davidpal92
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
i'm gonna revive this thread now as its perfect weather down here at the mo so i'm gonna be flying this sat/sun

reposting the pics......

Davidpal92
02-18-2008, 09:03 AM
heres a repost of the pics i took last year (same day of the crash landing)

the second to last pic show the difference of the wheels with and without spats
and the last pic i what i have in my house at the moment (flying things)

ironfistx
02-28-2008, 05:47 AM
I have that plane!

Davidpal92
02-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I have that plane! gdgd

anyway i didnt get round to flying over the weekend so i'll try this weekend....

swb
04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post to an RC forum having just flown my very first RC plane for the first time!

Whilst I had read that this plane may not be the best for a first time flyer, my housemate has a cub which I have had a few practice flights on and I felt like I could handle 4ch ok and might get bored with the cub, so I spent a bit more on an identically specced cessna to the one in this post.

The kit all arrived about a week ago, having been ordered from ebay about 2 weeks prior, and I have been taking my time setting up and making a few alterations.

Having cut the tail (a bit nervewracking for a first brand new RC plane!) and inserted/glued the tail wing, I took the advice of others on this thread and reinforced the wing with a carbon fibre spar, stuck down with a long stripe of sticky tape (I think it may need some cross ways stripes as well to ensure it is secure). I also taped round all the bare edges of the wing to provide a bit of extra strength... they did look like they would rub away or be damaged without much force.

I also made the tail moderations linked from the original post, to allow the elevator more room to go up, but I can report as others that lift doesnt seem to be an issue with this plane, she climbs very easily with the motor on full throttle.

I took the front cowling off, breaking one of the screw attachments in the process (missed the screws hiddern under the decals, DOH!) and made sure all the motor mount screws, and the prop were fastened tightly. I didnt bother attaching the landing gear knowing I would be landing in divoted fields mostly and I meant to cover the front landing gear attachment with strong tape to protect it on impact, but in my haste I forgot to do this, as well as to disconnect the servo arm to the steerable nose.

So today came and the weather was perfect, just a tiny bit of breeze and bright sunny(ish) weather. After making a few last minute tweaks and packing a flight bag, I went off up the hill with fell (my housemate) to our favoured flying spot.

Upon arrival, I attached the wing, connecting the aileron servos to the receiver first, put that battery in, cursed the idiotic noise this plane makes when you turn it on, and having zeroed all the servos and unpluggied the battery, went about attaching all the servo linkages for minimum throw.

Having set the trim up the best I could by eye, a nice lull in the breeze signalled that it was time for the maiden flight!

After a control check, fell launched the plane and with full throttled she climbed straight and true at surprising speed! After gaining some altitude and establishing that the trim was set correctly, I took it for a few circuits. The first thing I noticed is that even with the ailerons set on minimum throw, the plane still banks very snappily, this plane was going to be a lot of fun!

After a few more circuits at around half throttle (hard to tell as the engine doesnt start till some way up throttle axis on the controller) I tried some axial rolls, which were surprisingly easy and after a few fast turns and some more circuits thought I would play it safe and bring it in for a landing.

Landing went fine, just about managed to get the power off before touchdown to avoid snapping the prop! It came to quite an abrupt halt due to the steerable nose attachment digging into the grass but other than a few minor stressing marks around the cowling there seems to be no damage at all.

So, all in all a great and extremely fun first flight, proving that this plane was both more aerobatic, and easier to fly than I had feared it might be, and that it will provide many hours more fun in the future!

Now I just need to make a few minor modifications, tape up the steerable nose attachment and have another go :Q

Fell
04-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm Swb's housemate :) We just got back from another flight -- awesome. I'm really gonna have to get my planned Radian now, the Cub just can't compete! Great flying mate, congrats

pablo27
04-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forum swb and glad that your maiden went so well :). You did a lot better than me on my first flight with my trusty old 4ch Wing Dragon, I had the ailerons reversed and was too noob to realise !:eek:. Been flying for two years now and still smile when I think back to those first nervy flights.

Good luck with your Radian build Fell ;-)

Kingy
07-23-2010, 03:40 PM
This is my first post to this forum, or any other for that matter.

I managed to buy this model used. It is the skyartec version (front steering) and all components are skyartec (1530 brushless, 18A ESC, 4 servos, Li-po batt) though the motor has a Lee RC sticker on it and it does not have the skyartec decor on the wing or tail (Just the number N9528). Its never flown as the last owner was too scared of crashing it! I didn't get the sim or instruction manual with the plane, but managed to download a manual online, then wished i had not bothered :eek:

When I got it the lower wheel collet and wing bolts were missing so ordered new ones from Skyartec, now fitted. Seen the advice on this forum and trimmed a gap above the elevator to allow elevator to rise, and changed front wheel to steer the correct way. Range checked the model and the Rx was no better than useless, I found out the last owner did not like the look of the Aerial being so long so trimmed about 8" off it :mad:.

I have upgraded now to 2.4 GHz (the spektrum AR6200 with a DX6i transmitter), so in a way i guess he done me a favour really.

I have never flown an RC plane before, so I bought a copy of Pheonix, very nice sim though its a shame that the cessna 182 in it is nitro. I also called the local club and they are always happy to take new members, so will be joining this weekend. Anyway this plane and myself are now both ready for our maiden flight, hoping to get out on sunday, will send you a damage report and pictures! :rolleyes: