PDA

View Full Version : I cant keep up with you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Carden40
11-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Hey Fellows
I very new to this site, but not to the hobby, I fly GS, but have found latley its just not a good idea to take a $7000 Carden, and just fly it in front of your yard, So I slowly feel in love with the electric world, and like everyone else, I have speant a fortune of stuff, and I dont have a clue, what shoud go with what, But let me just ask one question at a time, I have about 5 TP batteries that are 1320 mAh 11.v 3cell, and I have 6 Kokam with about the same size 1 or 2 are 1500mAh, anyway just when I think I understand the Li po world and the Lithium for my bigger ones, which I use duralite and fromeco, what I dont understand now and I really need to know what I need to buy and what's the purpose for it, and also do I use this for my Duralite or fromecos and that is, On the new TP 1320 batteries they have the Deans cable, which I ask for, but they also come with these balancing each cell cables, and I dont have a clue what the heck this is, can, someone please talk to me like I'm 3 so I can understand if this is important, or not.. Thanks a bunch guys

Randy

Fred Marks
11-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey Fellows
I very new to this site, but not to the hobby, I fly GS, but have found latley its just not a good idea to take a $7000 Carden, and just fly it in front of your yard, So I slowly feel in love with the electric world, and like everyone else, I have speant a fortune of stuff, and I dont have a clue, what shoud go with what, But let me just ask one question at a time, I have about 5 TP batteries that are 1320 mAh 11.v 3cell, and I have 6 Kokam with about the same size 1 or 2 are 1500mAh, anyway just when I think I understand the Li po world and the Lithium for my bigger ones, which I use duralite and fromeco, what I dont understand now and I really need to know what I need to buy and what's the purpose for it, and also do I use this for my Duralite or fromecos and that is, On the new TP 1320 batteries they have the Deans cable, which I ask for, but they also come with these balancing each cell cables, and I dont have a clue what the heck this is, can, someone please talk to me like I'm 3 so I can understand if this is important, or not.. Thanks a bunch guys

Randy

It should be helpful to you to read over the Li Po Handbook at

(http://www.fmadirect.com/tech_data/techdocs/)

Anything it does not clear up, we will be happy to answer at our forum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/FMA_Direct/Kokam_LiPo/forumid_327/tt.htm

or call our Customer Service line at 301 668 7614 where Elena will dit=rect you to one of our techs or engineers that can answer any question you may have about Li Pos.

EpoweredRc
11-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey Fellows

Randy

Just wanted to Welcome you to Watt Flyer. Hope you enjoy yourself here and Go to those links, those should help you otherwise Someone else will be glads to help you, personally I say take that Kokam outside dispose of it. But thats me, Stick with the THunder Powers and you will be happy.Good luck.

Will Hicks
11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't know why anyone would want to dispose of perfectly working battery packs.

Randy, check the links that Fred has supplied. Lots of knowledge there. His company, FMA, imports the Kokam line.

Unbalanced prop
11-22-2005, 08:02 PM
On the new TP 1320 batteries they have the Deans cable, which I ask for, but they also come with these balancing each cell cables, and I dont have a clue what the heck this is, can, someone please talk to me like I'm 3 so I can understand if this is important, or not.. Thanks a bunch guys

That connector is meant to be used with the Thunder Power 205 balancer to keep the individual cells balanced. The connector just plugs right into the balancer to balance during or after charging. My experience with the TP PL 1320 cells is that they stay pretty well balanced by themselves. I do check them every 10 flights or so just to make sure they are balanced. Packs will last longer, perfom better and are safer if they are balanced. As a very wise man once said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!:D

Doug

Matt Kirsch
11-25-2005, 02:29 AM
Balancing is the term we've adopted to describe the process of charging all cells in a battery pack to the same voltage. See, over time, the individual cells within a pack will not all charge and discharge exactly the same, and if they get too far apart, one or more of the cells can get overcharged, and catch fire.