PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie20 --- A Great Flyer !!!

donjiskra
08-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Anyone looking for a fantastic flying water bird, this is it!!!
Set up as specified from Hobby Lobby with an AXI outrunner motor and a 4200 mah Thunder Power Li-Po 3s2p pack, great performer and 15 minute flights.
CLICK ON THE ATTACHED E-CALC PROGRAM SCREEN CAPTURE IMAGE TO SEE IT'S PERFORMANCE !!!
I'll be at the Windy City Club, DePue, IL Float Fly event August 14th., with the Bonnie20. A great site for flying off water.
Happy flying,
Don

willyb
09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Don:

I finally got my backordered floats for the Bonnie 20. I ordered the 27" as I am using Lithpolys and my weight is under 3#. I have figured out how to use the nose wheel steering to control the water rudder, ( if it works!). I have had a ball flying it on wheels and want the conversion to floats to be as easy as possible. It looks like a great plane to fly early in the morning when the lake is calm and our neighbors next door are still asleep. The AXI sure is quiet. I put a hatch on the top ahead of the windshield, using a magnet to hold it down. I can post pictures if anyone likes. I did not like removing the wing every time I flew. How are you coming with yours? It really is a nice flying advanced trainer. I will see how it does with floats.

Bill

donjiskra
09-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Hey Bill, great going on installing floats. You will LOVE it on water, I sure do!!!!
I like your idea of the hatch. Taking the wing off to replace the battery certainly is a bother for sure. Please send your photos and tell us how you made the hatch and how it locks in place
Thanks,
Don

donjiskra
09-10-2005, 04:42 PM
For your review:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/251172057.jpg&s=x4

NCguy
09-10-2005, 09:02 PM
For your review:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/251172057.jpg&s=x4

can't access for some reason?

locolobot
09-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Where do you find the Bonnnie 20? I looked for it but have been unable to find it. Need help . Thanks

donjiskra
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
You can find it at: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bonnie.htm

On their page you can link to 3 excellent reviews by Bob Aberle:
* All about the Bonnie20 (on wheels)
* Using LiPo batteries
* Installing Floats

locolobot
10-04-2005, 03:20 AM
thanks

ENUT
10-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Willyb a picture of the hatch please! thanxs,

ENUT

willyb
10-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Hey, E-nut,
Sorry I haven't answered you. Been busy. Please check the thread on the electric seaplanes column by the title of "Twin Adventura - Hot Esc. On post #38 of that thread are some pictures of my hatch idea. It works fine for a relatively new 20c square Thunder Power pack, a TP-2000 3S, and it also works o.k. with the newer 20c TP-2100 3s pack that is more long and narrow. It will not admit a longer pack like an 8 cell 1700 CP nicad pack. I fly for about 6-9 minutes. You can always take the wing off if you want to put in a larger battery. If you want to make a hatch like mine let me know the dimensions of your battery and I will see if I can get it through my hatch. I really like being able to disconnect and remove the battery on landing without taking off the wing as a lot of the ESCs do not have switches. Also one does not have to take the wing off every time to get the battery out to recharge it. If you have any questions, please feel free to write and I will get back to you as soon as I can. The Bonnie is one real neat airplane, on land or on floats. This idea just makes it a bit safer and easier.

Bill

ENUT
10-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Thanxs Bill;)

ENUT