PDA

View Full Version : Did you "up"grade the forum recently??

FlyWheel
10-12-2007, 01:39 AM
I used to visit this forum from the comfort of my my WebTV, but ever since last weekend I can no longer see anybody's avatars, all the attached images in the posts are gone (I think the smiley's too), and the quote and edit buttons went bye-bye as well :{. I can still see all of this on my PC, of course, but I miss the comfort of being able to lay back on my bed and surf the forums. And the inherent 'immunity' from viruses, worms and other internet baddies that my Webby gave me. :sad::sad:

Rugar
10-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Moving to "Support" so maybe a Admin. can help you.

FlyWheel
10-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Moving to "Support" so maybe a Admin. can help you.

Thanks, But I'm probably the only one here who even has a WebTV. And it's not anything disasterous, as I mentioned, I still have everything here on my PC.

Mike Parsons
10-12-2007, 02:25 PM
FW,
We havent changed anything and the last upgrade we did was a few months ago. I am unfamiliar with Webtv, so not sure what I can do. Are the avitars X'd out or just not there

FlyWheel
10-13-2007, 03:40 AM
FW,
We havent changed anything and the last upgrade we did was a few months ago. I am unfamiliar with WebTV, so not sure what I can do. Are the avitars X'd out or just not there

Just not there. The info under your avatar is right under your user name, like you had no avatar. Same for the edit and quote buttons, and any attached photos. I used to see all of this before last weekend, the only thing that was missing before was I couldn't use the radio buttons to add smileys. I can still read and post OK.

Oh well. Thanks.

Mike Parsons
10-13-2007, 02:31 PM
**message edited***

Disregard, I just checked your options and they are turned on. I wish I could help Flywheel...I really dont know why you stopped seeing that on your webtv. Ill do some reading and see if I can come up with anything that might help you.

FlyWheel
11-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Is this forum using the same software/server as the RC-Groups forums? It looks the same. AND on RC, everything's there! Avatars, edit and quote buttons, the whole nine yards!

Strnger and stranger...<que erie music>

Mike Parsons
11-02-2007, 11:21 PM
same software newer release.