PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with manage attachments feature?

Gnascher
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to add photos for my build thread.

I use the "manage attachments" feature and try to upload my photos. (I tried using the upload feature and the "from url" feature as well). After a bit of time, the upload window comes back blank, and my attachments never appear in the main window.

Wassup?

Jkc123
10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm trying to add photos for my build thread.

I use the "manage attachments" feature and try to upload my photos. (I tried using the upload feature and the "from url" feature as well). After a bit of time, the upload window comes back blank, and my attachments never appear in the main window.

Wassup?

When you upload the picture it will take time depending on size it should do it by itself! Then when that is finished, the file should come up above the "Manage Attachments"! If you need help uploading, dont hesitate to ask!! :confused:Jack

smokejohnson
10-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I had the same problem when I first started uploading photos. Try to resize it. Here is a good on-line resizer (http://www.resize2mail.com/index.php). If it works for you this is a resizer (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx) that you can download and works much faster.

Gnascher
10-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I've done this before ... and with larger photos. This isn't my first time.

I first let it wait a long, long time when uploading from my machine ... and it just never finished.

Then, I uploaded the photos to my webserver, and tried doing the "upload from URL" option. It only took about 20 seconds, but then the screen on the uploader window went white and the images never became available in the attachment manager area.

Tried in both Firefox and IE from two different machines.

smokejohnson
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
test

smokejohnson
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't know Gnascher. Hope you get it worked out.

Gnascher
10-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I see it worked for you ... how odd.

Worked for me in this thread now too.

I'll see if I can go back and edit my other thread later.

I don't get it...

smokejohnson
10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Maybe the ghost in the machine ;):)

Mike Parsons
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry,
Under the weather and late to the party. Let me know if you got it worked out. If not, let me know the forum and Ill make sure the permissions didn't get changed.

Gnascher
10-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I was able to update my thread this morning using the "manage attachments" feature. It was quite odd.