PDA

View Full Version : Telemaster down

Mike Freas
10-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Yup, my second crash in a month becuase of my mistakes. Today I was flying the STM like I do every weekend. This is only the third week since recovering the bird and making some other modifications like my flaps. It so happens the my inexperance with flaps caused me to crash. I have my 9303 programed with a 2 second delay between full up and down flaps. I like the delay because it's more of a smooth transition. Well I was making a slow full flap pass and decided to go around and applied full throttle. Well with full flaps and full throttle the bird climbs almost vertical until it stalls and that's just what it did today. I hit the switch to retract the flaps and applied full down elevator but it was to late and low. I managed to nose it over and get some airspeed then pulled full up. I impacted the ground at about a 45 degree angle.

The pictures look bad but the bird will be fixed. I need to pull all the covering off the wing to inspect it because it's damaged in places. The fusalage is cracked just about in half. Good news is my pack is good and will be headed back to true RC to add an another cell to make 6s during the down time. I'm also going to look for a cowl to make it look better. Anyway, crashing sucks!

firemanbill
10-15-2007, 01:26 AM
That's too bad Mike...:( It's good it's not tore up any more than that. Sounds like you made a good recovery... I would have still been trying to figure out what was wrong when it hit the ground...

I know you can fix her back up again though!:D

It'll give you something to keep you busy for a while.

aviatordave
10-15-2007, 02:04 AM
yikes. Looks like a little bit of work, but goes back together easy enough. Thats why i like those box style fuse's, they are easy to repair!

good luck and keep us posted

Mike Freas
10-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Thanks guys. I already found a place that sells cowles! Think I'm going to invest in the monokote DVD and the covering sheet thing to get some ideas. I like the yellow but it's to plain.