PDA

View Full Version : Trex 450

tadpole
10-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Well I got my Trex flying today and crash.

I now have to change the Main Rotor Holder/Grip but I can't figure out how to do it. From the parts book it seems like I just need to take out the Socket Head Screw but I've been turning for a while and it does not seem to be coming out.

Any suggestions?

Windbreaker
10-26-2007, 09:15 PM
You have to use two hex key wrenches (allen wrenches), one on each side. They're connected in the middle. One wrench will hold the bolts steady while the other unthreads them.

They're held with Loctite, as are all the other parts. If they're too tough to remove, you can warm them up with a small soldering iron. That will soften the old Loctite and allow the parts to be taken apart.

Dean.

PilotDane
10-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Yes. Take both blades off and put one Allen wrench into each blade grip. After you get it apart roll the metal shaft (feathering shaft) on a piece of glass or granite counter to make sure it is not bent.

Look over everything on the heli. I had a mild crash but had a nagging vibration after my repairs. The piece that holds the flybar broke into several pieces (the 3 pieces looked OK until I realized that they should only be 1 piece).

Also take out your main shaft and roll it across a flat surface and see if it's bent.

Adrian
11-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah-thread lock can cause issues I usually end up unscrewing one end-removing F-shaft then using a pair of pliers hold the F-shaft whilst removing the "stuck" screw-Its good to threadlock!!! although it can cause the odd problem;-) its the same with the tail boom-you thread lock it & when needs (replacing the belt)must, you can only remove 1 screw but not the other on the other end of the shaft-DOH-DOH-DOH:mad: thus you end up having to take the tail boom holder out to remove them.