PDA

View Full Version : Gallery?

Airhead
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey, where did that Gallery under my name come from? I don't think it was there an hour ago. Or my sometimers is kickin' in again...::o

firemanbill
10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey I like that! VERY COOL!:D

smokejohnson
10-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Why don't I have a Gallery??

smokejohnson
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Nevermind ;):)

Mike Parsons
10-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Something I am playing around with. Not final as I am looking at a final solution. Right now it randomly displays your gallery photos in your profile. I am looking at implementing a hanger for each user. In your profile you'll be able to display your models and provide information about them, setups etc. It may take some time though.

firemanbill
10-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Very Cool Mike. I like it...:D

Mike Parsons
10-22-2007, 12:42 AM
You should also see a gallery link with total photos in the gallery everytime someone posts (as long as they have uploded photos). It is located under their post count.

smokejohnson
10-22-2007, 01:03 AM
I like it...very cool :cool:

Saucerguy2
10-22-2007, 01:41 AM
It is cool. Mike is always tinkering with these boards, it's always nice to have helpful added features, keeps things interesting.

FlyingMonkey
10-22-2007, 03:24 AM
ho hum, it's ok I guess...

FlyingMonkey
10-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Wait, I don't get one?

this stinks!!!!

dang penguins!

firemanbill
10-22-2007, 03:29 AM
have you posted pics in the gallery? You need to do that to have one...

Grasshopper
10-22-2007, 03:32 AM
have you posted pics in the gallery? You need to do that to have one...

Monkey's are all posted in the crash gallery.:D

Nice addition Mike

FlyingMonkey
10-22-2007, 03:33 AM
details details....

firemanbill
10-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Nice addition Mike

LMAO... Good point!

Airhead
10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
:)
Thanks Mike,
We like it....

Saucerguy2
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Mike went out of his way to exclude monkey postings on the member gallery because he knows, he'll only post poo................. :)

Rabbitcreekok
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Guess I will have to post some photos.

Great idea Mike.

yank51
10-22-2007, 05:40 PM

Nice addition Mike

I agree Tom..., Mike HAS done it again... And Fred's planes, well.....

Mike Parsons
10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Glad you guys like it. :) More things to come that will improve your stay here and let you show off a bit ;)

Saucerguy2
10-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Mike, do you have any plans upon doing something more with the buy and sell section of these boards? They work, just not very effective in my opinion as a seller.

Mike Parsons
10-23-2007, 12:04 AM
I moved the thread to SS so we can have further dialogue.

SG,
Yes and no. Not so much with the section itself, but providing a more dynamic forum home listing.

What do you see as ineffective?

Saucerguy2
10-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Well, there are still people posting their gear on ebay, at the same time, WF and RCU are getting very competitive search engine rankings with it, yet people are not taking it as seriously. From a sellers perspective, manufacturing to the end user, then comparing and competing with the LHS and China for that matter, the mark up is absolutely minimal, if I were to count in ebay fee's, forget it, there would be zero profit margin, but ebay would be most effective as a buyers tool since it's so well established and respected.

I've seen and used the RCU system, it's kind of cluttered, making it hard for the buyer, at the same time, you get buried in the listings after only a day or two. If we can get people to review the buy and sell sections "before" ebay, or online vendors for that reason "ad buying guys excluded", we are going to benifet all vendors and private party's to a great amount.

Currently, I'm thinking abstract about it all, looking at the end results, it will take some filling in by your staff to make it work, but it can and should work to be more effective then ebay or from individual outside web sites. I like the accountability from these boards and trust them much more then I do ebay, which is also another element that should be emphasised as well.

Mike Parsons
10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
I am having a hard time following what you are saying. But, our for sale forums will never be in the range that either RCU or ebay are. Our goal for WattFlyer in all aspects is for it to remain easy to use and fast. Anything that isn't automated for the members or staff doesn't fall in the realm of easy to use. We dont want to bog the forum or our staff down from helping members and enjoying the forum themselves.

For sale forums are what they are. Listed items sell because of two things: Price and need. We can add bells and whistles, but it wont circumvent those two items.

Saucerguy2
10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Perhaps I should develop a web site dedicated towards buying and selling rc items and keep it open to the public to use. RCU's is not effective, that's why I don't list anything there any more, RCG isn't great either in that area. Let me do some brainstorming on this one, I know there simply has to be a more effective way to make this work.

Frank Voikel
10-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Hmm... my gallery was here, but now it disappeared.
What happened?

Grasshopper
10-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Hmm... my gallery was here, but now it disappeared.
What happened?

I see it.

Frank Voikel
10-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Huh... it's back again.

Mike Parsons
10-29-2007, 05:31 AM
No changes made here.

Airhead
12-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Earlier I wanted to add aphoto to the member galleries. I believe it was loaded. However i cannot find it in member galleries and the number of photos that i have did not change.

Did I upload incorrectly... That is most likely the problem.
Thanks for checking it out ahead of time..

Mike Parsons
12-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Bruce..Which number didnt increase? The one under your userid?

Airhead
12-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Yes Mike,
That is the number that did not change, and I can't find the photo in my members gallery. I'm sure its something I did or didn't do..
I have a few more I would like to add, but not until I am uploading correctly again..

PS... I like your seasonal Avatar..

Mike Parsons
12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok, I think I understand. The Gallery # under your ID is still attached to the old photo software. I didnt want to change the code on that feature until more people began uploading photos into the new software. So as you upload into the new gallery, that number will not change. Once I change the code, it will reflect the new number of pictures that a member has uploaded into the new gallery.

Is this the photo you uploaded? http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11086&sl=a

Airhead
12-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes Mike,
Sorry i did not get back to you sooner. Thanks for the info . appreciate it.
Oh, I like how you keep up with the times concering your Avatar...:ws:

admin
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Mike what do you think of this idea.....maybe add a link to "Old Gallery" and "New Gallery" on the post panel here. Basically reword current "Gallery" to "Old Gallery" and add new one for photopost implementation. might work?

Mike Parsons
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Mike what do you think of this idea.....maybe add a link to "Old Gallery" and "New Gallery" on the post panel here. Basically reword current "Gallery" to "Old Gallery" and add new one for photopost implementation. might work?

I have done that for the Gallery link in the navbar, but I like your idea of doing it in the postbit profile. Ill work on that.

Mike Parsons
12-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh, I like how you keep up with the times concering your Avatar...:ws:

Thanks Bruce :)