PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone up to on Turkey Day?

ForestCam
11-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm just sitting here waiting for feeding time to begin. Temp. outside is 26 w/ wind gusts up to 45 mph.
Got 4" of snow yesterday and I didn't get home from work untill 9pm, having a mile of sidewalks to shovel and salt really sucks! I had to measure them once for a total of sq. foot of sidewalk on the complex and when I figured in the width of a snow shovel if equaled shoveling a straight line for 3 miles! :eek:
If it weren't for the wind I'd be tempted to brave the cold to fly and try out my new skis. :D

qban_flyer
11-24-2005, 04:49 PM
We had some lite snow last night. It's really cold and windy outside, so we are staying put watching the tube and surfing the web 'till chow time. :D

Twmaster
11-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm here at home by myself again. I honestly like the quiet. Just had lunch and am planning to finish the E-Flite Cessna this afternoon. I'm armed with coffee and a soldering iron darnit! :D

timocharis
11-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Shaking squirrel turkeys out of the guava tree to scare up Thanksgiving dinner for the locals:

KenK
11-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Just came in from removing 4" of snow off the pool cover:cool: temp is about 37 deg here in the Berkshires, Mass.
Got the rest of the week off so I figured I would build this Tensor. I don't know how guys do it in 3-4 hours??? The Ca was drying too slow!!!
I am going to try to have it flying by Sat. Anyone tried snow ski's on these things???

Rugar
11-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you are all freezing your butts off :p.

I'm sitting here in shorts and a T-Shirt, surfing the web after coming in from outside to cool down :D. Its a chilly 80deg F here today ;). The house smells of Turkey and all the fix-ins. Thanksgiving dinner will be ready in about a hour or so. After eating I may just go relax in the pool to cool down :D.

ForestCam
11-24-2005, 08:37 PM

I'm sitting here in shorts and a T-Shirt, surfing the web after coming in from outside to cool down :D. Its a chilly 80deg F here today ;). The house smells of Turkey and all the fix-ins. Thanksgiving dinner will be ready in about a hour or so. After eating I may just go relax in the pool to cool down :D.
You know where we all think you can put your turkey don't you?:p

Rugar
11-24-2005, 09:03 PM
You know where we all think you can put your turkey don't you?:p

LMAO! Sorry, had to do it. That picture was taken 5 Min's. before I posted it.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/local/92410?par=OAP&site=COLDV&code=1004360135

Don Sims
11-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Had lunch with the SWMBO's family then napped for a few hours. Now to get some surfing then building time in. Hope you folks have had a great day!

spark
11-25-2005, 12:57 AM
SWMBO = Single White Male w Body Odor?

I just lost my appetite. :o

Don Sims
11-25-2005, 01:38 AM
LOL Start... She Who Must Be Obayed....

qban_flyer
11-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Just came in from removing 4" of snow off the pool cover:cool: temp is about 37 deg here in the Berkshires, Mass.
Got the rest of the week off so I figured I would build this Tensor. I don't know how guys do it in 3-4 hours??? The Ca was drying too slow!!!
I am going to try to have it flying by Sat. Anyone tried snow ski's on these things???

Ken,

Even if the foam safe CA was fast setting, it would take most people 13 to 14 hours do assemble one of them things.

My first Great Planes Cap "Road Kill" took well over 16 hours to get ready to fly, and that "model" just has one wing! That first one fluttered its wing off and you can imagine what it looked like once it hit the ground.

Second one took me 14 hours to assemble, give or take a few minutes. I suppose if I assemble ten or twenty of them I may be able to shave some building time off. Three to fours hours? I doubt it. I have also learned these things are to be flown indoors and at a rather slow pace.

One more thing, I have no clue as to the strength of the landing gear on your Tensor, but if it is anything like the G/P stuff, skis and flying from snow are likely to be out of the question. :o

PS: Temps here in the DC area are in the upper 20s and winds gusting to 47 MPH @ 8:55 P.M. EST.

trogdor
11-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Today I finished ALL repairs on all of my planes... I have nothing to do but fly but still I feel the need to mess with an old glider I used as a trainer because I COULD take out the guts and make that old GWS B2 I got for 20 bucks last xmas fly. It'd be on my old Hitec 3 channel single stick radio using stock motors but still, there's nothing else to do... I even changed out pinions in my Ultrafly Ultimate and Formosa because I wanted to experiment a little and balanced some props!

I need to get out this weekend...

Twmaster
11-25-2005, 05:21 AM
Hehe. Sounds like me. All I really did all day was hack on models. Assembled a Cessna ARF, made most of the repairs to my ME-109 that I punched in last Sunday and repaird the motor mount on my BL Slow Stick.

And for the record, one of my favorite radios is my old Hitec single stick 3 channel FM set! :D

EpoweredRc
11-25-2005, 12:49 PM
wow, snow snow and more snow for a few of you. I didn't do anything but lay in bed being sick as a dog, came down with a darn stomach virus bout 4am Thursdays morning and didn't do anything but be sick. The weather was nice here I walked out in my shorts once to see if the sun would make me feel better.. Not really. Today I hope to get some of that thanksgiving dinner that I missed yesterday.
Saturday(wow tomorrow) is my 26th bday I really hope I feel like doing something.

KenK
11-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I came home Monday sick after work.. Wasn't a pretty site!!!
Ate soup for 2 days. The turkey dinner was the first real food in 3 days so I even had to take it easy on that!!!
Im in western Mass. lots up here got the same thing. I think I got it from my grandaughter.
Anyway got to work on my projects at least:cool:
Chicken soup does work***

ForestCam
11-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Chicken soup does work***It'll be turkey soup for the next few weeks!:D

Geoff_Gino
11-28-2005, 09:56 AM

Hi Gerald

Shame on you - making everyone envious of you. :D

Had high winds on Saturday and decided to take the grandchildren on a mini "Safari". Our 25 C must be much like your 80 F.

Geoff
South Africa

Rugar
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi Gerald

Shame on you - making everyone envious of you. :D

Had high winds on Saturday and decided to take the grandchildren on a mini "Safari". Our 25 C must be much like your 80 F.

Geoff
South Africa

Nice pictures Geoff.

I guess my bragging about the weather came back and bit me. 50 to 60 mph gusts kept me grounded on Sunday

Geoff_Gino
11-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Gerald

I think Qban's signature says it quite well
"All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism"