PDA

View Full Version : Cox 27% Pitts!

firemanbill
10-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Check out Cox's latest addition! I would love to see one of these babies in the air! Wow!

http://coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=006107

This would be a cool electric conversion too... hmmmmmmm...:rolleyes::D

Biplane Murphy
10-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Maybe you will win one at SEFF '08

:):p;):D:tc::Q;-):$:cool:

Airhead
10-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Now wait a minute Murph,
Bills gonna leave some of that stuff for me...:ws:

Frank Voikel
10-27-2007, 06:18 AM

$600 for a kit (without any hardware) seems kinda expensive for a SEFF prize. Maybe it could be the prize for MEFF (Midwest Electric Fly Festival)

firemanbill
10-27-2007, 09:51 AM
$600 for a kit (without any hardware) seems kinda expensive for a SEFF prize. Maybe it could be the prize for MEFF (Midwest Electric Fly Festival)

My Waco that I won this year was about $600 retail... and it was not the most expensive prize! There was one above that, a BVM EDF unit valued at $1200!!!:eek::D

Frank Voikel
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Yikes...

Well, they might just have to offer it as a prize, then!
1200 for an EDF? That's a bit scary.

Frank Voikel
10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Update: Yep, that EDF's valued a tad short of 1,200:
http://www.bvmjets.com/df_power/EVF_brochure4.jpg

firemanbill
10-27-2007, 04:41 PM
yup, that's the one.

They classify the raffle rpizes and call out bronze gold platinum etc. I had the second platinum ticket drawn, the first one picked that... I got the Waco with Motor and ESC.

stinkweed007
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM

I hear the RV wouldn't start on the way to SEFF 08... oops.. wait.. you didnt hear that...:ws:

But that IS one snazzy bipe!!!!!

BuzzardBait
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Check out Cox's latest addition! I would love to see one of these babies in the air! Wow!

http://coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=006107

This would be a cool electric conversion too... hmmmmmmm...:rolleyes::D

If you noticed..... they have an electric conversion klit for it listed under "whats new".... . for a paultry $395 more.....

I dunno.... but.... . $599 for a Cox airplane???????? they just don;t have that kind of market rep do they????

firemanbill
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
YES THEY DO! I have the 1/5th scale Waco and let me tell you what... It is one fine airplane. Cox acquired Pica models and is marketing that line now in ARF form as Cox.

The power system for the Pitts is the same one I have in my Waco. Very nice motor/ESC.

BuzzardBait
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Bill...

That explains a LOT..... explains the price tag and gives a bit of authority too it!!

Still a bit out of my price range, but now it makes me REALLY interested in seeing one up close!

Always thought of Cox as a "toy" company

Grasshopper
11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
YES THEY DO! I have the 1/5th scale Waco and let me tell you what... It is one fine airplane. Cox acquired Pica models and is marketing that line now in ARF form as Cox.

The power system for the Pitts is the same one I have in my Waco. Very nice motor/ESC.

That's a great picture Bill. Every time I see it I think of how lucky you are to have a field with a paved runway like that. My paved runway is the parking lot and depending on the wind direction, there can be a number of light poles to dodge. :eek:

firemanbill
11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks Bill...

That explains a LOT..... explains the price tag and gives a bit of authority too it!!

Still a bit out of my price range, but now it makes me REALLY interested in seeing one up close!

Always thought of Cox as a "toy" company

Yeah I did too until this year at SEFF and seeing the products. Most of what you see from cox is the micro warbirds and even they are "more than a toy" now. I have a BF-109 I fly a lot and really enjoy it as well...

The Waco sure is nice... If you get a chance to see one you'll know what I mean. A very well built Aircraft indeed.

That's a great picture Bill. Every time I see it I think of how lucky you are to have a field with a paved runway like that. My paved runway is the parking lot and depending on the wind direction, there can be a number of light poles to dodge. :eek:

Thanks Tom! I really enjoy flying at the club. Very nice and a lot of great guys (and gals) too!

stinkweed007
11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
yall got pavement!?!?

So when you gonna get that Cox Bill?!

firemanbill
11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah we got pavement! Lot's of it!

I'll pass on this one... too much like my Waco.

I am eyeballing that Hangar 9 B-25 though!;)