PDA

View Full Version : Park 370 shaft install

BobMaine
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I removed the shaft from my Park 370 outrunner 1080 Kv and noticed there was a "U" shaped clip on the shaft that was not in any groove. I guess there are two ways to mount the motor, one with the shaft protruding so the propeller is next to the non rotating part and the other way with the shaft sticking out of the rotating part. I have the shaft protruding through the non rotating part so it appears there is no need for the "U" shaped clip? Is this right? And why are there two flat spots on the shaft? Maybe this is a multi purpose shaft? Photo attached.
Thanks
Bob

Glacier Girl
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Not real sure about the U clip, but the flat spots are for a set screw to bottom out on, keeps the shaft from slipping. And why 2? One to mount the shaft to the rotating case, the other is for a set screw type prop adapter.

BobMaine
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
figured out somewhat. The flat spots have to go "forward" because the the little donut o ring would not let the prop/spinner adapter to go on/over the shaft. But then there is nothing on the prop/spinner adapter that can use these flat spots.... I think it is just a conspiracy to confuse new flyer's and keep forums like these in business by having all these confused pilots asking questions. :ws: