PDA

View Full Version : Alpha P51-D Mustang

Adrian
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
All built & ready to go, just need a day without much wind for the maiden. 850MM wing span yank & bank model. Static 170W's should be more than enough for a plane the weight of a man size tissue! No but seriously I think it will be SERIOUSLY overpowerd with more than half throttle weighing just 650 gms including batt:tc: brushless motor for a model upto 900gm's & 3 cell 1200 li-po for a model originally designed for a 300 brushed motor & nimhs (some form of ancient propulsion!)
Dont think USA gets these models which is a shame because they are seriously sexy in the flesh, just hope it dont get stuffed 1st flight!

Reflex
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
1st flight :tc:

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1414516

Adrian
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Got to thank Reflex for the video of Mustang (& maiden pilot), shame more of it wasnt in focus-it was the speed of P51 not cameraman;-), also not shown how slow it will actualy fly, it got down to walking speed-then vertical performance follwed in an instant later:$. So not a bad model made by one of our "iron curtain" allies these days (Czech Republic)

Bellakelpie
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
They have been available in the USA for quite some time.
Hobby Lobby sell 'em.
Alfa's are all good flyers. Their new A4 Skyhawk EDF is a blast.

SpitfireIX
02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey flyers, i was wondering if you can help me with a question I got. I want to buy this plane but was wondering if an A123 battery would fit in to the battery compartment... Would anyone mind letting me know the battery compartment size???

Thanks!