PDA

View Full Version : Aztech Razer 450 RC Mini Electric Helicopter

Ivan M
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Yo guys, what do you think of this new kid on the block?

450 class mini electric running on 320mm blades, push pull servo design on swash.

Ivan M
11-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Here goes the specs!

Main Rotor Diameter – 700mm
Weight – 710gm
Length – 650mm
Height – 240mm
Motor Gear – 11T
Main Gear – 150T
Tail Drive Gear – 25T
Velocity 450X Brushless Motor
Viper 30A Brushless ESC
Vox Head Lock and Standard Dual Rate Gyro
Vertex 11.1V, 2100mAh, 20C Li-Poly Battery

stinkweed007
11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
well.. I wish I was a better heli pilot, cause that thing looks sharp!

Ivan M
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Well...
I'm with you on that thought!

Practise... practise... practise...
crash... crash... burn....

:D

redvtr1000
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't jump out and buy it tomorrow. I think just because it looks cool is probably not reason enough. It does look like a spiffy heli but I would wait on buying one for the simple fact that it seems like a no name bird right now.

Kinda tough asking what everyone thinks about a bird that most have probably not heard of at all. All anyone can probably do is give you advice on what is seen from the pictures.

You probably ought to wait and see what feelings are after it hits the market and some people buy it. Then at least you can get some reviews and user opinions rather than pure speculation based on what something looks like in pictures.

I wouldn't be surprised if the demo model is full of aluminum and CF but when the actual item hits stores there are alot of those shiny parts replaced with plastic to keep price in check.

Parts support, setup/tech info, some stuff worth looking into. If you save 100 by going this route instead of a rex or something tried and true but you never get to fly it well then was it really worth it?

Ivan M
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
I do agree with you on this. Parts availability are equally important in the selection process.

Perhaps someone just has to grab a set and review it .

redvtr1000
11-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Sooner or later, someone will surely check it out. If it looks like it is going to pick up, I would figure one of the magazines or maybe someone with a good bit of experience will pick one up and give us some feedback.

A lot more will go into this discussion before it would be meaningful... How much is it going to cost? If it is reasonable with other minis, what reasons do you have to choose it as opposed to something that has been used by so many folks that all the quirks are straightened out and there is a fix for it.

Someone has to be a guinea pig sooner or later....I lean more toward the sure things.

Ivan M
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I heard that it should be available very soon in Australia, Xmas time frame I believe.

redvtr1000
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Are you in Australia? Thinking of buying one? Any idea on the basic cost of the model? Would it be your first heli?

I love these smaller helis and apparently so do a lot of other folks. The market is constantly getting another new specimen to join the ranks.

Personally, I am waiting to see what there is to be said about ThunderPower's new 450 and I would like to see more about the Gohbee Phazer 450.

I already own a mini titan and I am very happy with it on all levels at this point. The next heli I be will most likely be a .50 nitro (even though I don't really like to have to clean up all that mess, I can't even think of paying all that cash for the lipos needed for a e-raptor etc.

Ivan M
11-15-2007, 07:00 AM
i'm not in Australia, off in HK.
This isn't my first heli, i'm flying an E325 myself too.

I'm also flying an R50 but thinking of moving to the TREX600N.

The beauty about 450 class helis is that they're quite affordable now in the market - a few hundred bucks can set you off a decent RTF 3D capable machine.

zhao zejia
03-10-2008, 08:08 AM
the design for the canopy looks nice

ginnz
03-14-2008, 01:42 AM
looks like mechanical mixing, not eccpm.....;-(

thnwtt
04-01-2008, 05:45 AM
I am introducing by hobbies to purchase Razer. After playing a while i notice this heli is differ from others. Because its light and easy to control. Did anyone try this Razer before? Hopefully can share the experience to you guys.:$