PDA

View Full Version : GWS floats on a Easy Glider Electric.

CygnusX1
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
My GWS float kit came in today and I will begin planning. They will be going under my Multiplex Easy Glide Electric so that I can fly at our local lake. My area is very hilly and there are very few local areas to fly unless you are on a lake. This should open up lots of flight opportunity for me. It's also going to be nice when the lakes freeze over. I will post pics as I figure it all out. I suppose I need to shop for some water proofing spray for the ESC and the Rx.

My plan is to mount the floats low enough so that I can use the prop to taxi on the water. ;)

bugjam1999
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
i put floats on my easystar which flew as if they weren't there... getting it off the water with nicad batteries was a bit of a challenge though, it'd only do about three lift-offs per battery and then it was just a fairly quick boat. I just cut appropriate holes/slots into the fuse in the correct places and glued in the gws mounts with foam safe ca... recessed them enough to not poke out when the floats were removed. theres a pic in the thread i posted originally...

Bugjam

CygnusX1
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah I read your thread which is one reason I decided to try it myself. Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the USPS claims they deliverd my package....but it's was not at my house when I got home. :-(

I was all ready to get to work and was denied! Oh well, patience.

CygnusX1
11-14-2007, 06:05 AM
I got the floats...I ruined the floats :-( Whatever you do, don't bring them anywhere near heat. The vacuum molded plastic lower part warps and shrinks quickly. I ordered a new set. Bah. Don't ask.