PDA

View Full Version : This got banned on E Zone

U812
08-08-2005, 12:14 AM
This was called offensive by E Zone and I got slapped. What do you think?

If your on the right or the left I thought it was harmless and funny.

Here we go again. body armor is on!

U812

http://www.michaelhodges.com/stuff/funny/2008cc1.swf enjoy!

admin
08-08-2005, 12:22 AM
We will allow any humor in the humor forum as long as it is PG rated and clean. However the 2 sensitive subjects are always politics and religion. As long as we don't get lots of complaints and its clean we'll leave it up if everyone agrees it is in good fun and not offensive. We don't want anyones blood pressure getting too high here at WattFlyer. We just want everyone to come here to have fun, share info and breathe clean air.

U812
08-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Well thanks so far so good. I sure like your approach better than E Zones. It's called good bedside manner. And you have it.

After over 7000 posts, many threads on scratch building EDF's and Submarines on EZone I was just treated like dirt the first time I posted something that I didn't realize was offensive to them.

According to their rules it wasn't but the moderator thought different. So far the users all disagree with him.

I think it's PG. If people here don't I won't be put out. It was just good fun.

Thanks Marc

admin
08-08-2005, 12:55 AM
7000 posts! That is alot! I am going to really try and work with the moderators here to foster a friendly atmosphere. There will always be times where posts may be outside of our own rules but even in those cases I want that news delivered to the member with the reason and politely when it happens. Unless it is a time sensitive issue (i.e. post with R+ rated material or harsh bashing), I would always prefer the moderators communicate to the member the issue and politely ask they edit their own posts.

One thing I know everyone does not like (including me...I've been on all sides of it) is having their posts edited for them or removed without notice. This is quite upsetting and I don't want that to be the way things happen here. If anyone ever experiences anything that they feel was not handled politely and correct please contact me directly so I can speak to the moderator(s) and hopefully better communicate how to handle these things in the future.

On all moderators behalf though I must say it is a tough job with little pay (read none) and lots of times you just make the best judgement call you can in the moment. Most of the time mods get it right but mistakes in judgement do happen. What matters most to me is how those mistakes are handled afterwards once they do happen.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-08-2005, 01:58 AM
U812 - I think I was the first to comment on your thread at RCG, and I thought this flash was funny as can be.

Good show! Like Marc said, as long as many complaints don't come in, we will try to be more allowing of posting.

Welcome to the Forum!!!

PupSocket
08-10-2005, 02:15 AM
So far the users all disagree with him.
Don't sweat it, they're pretty uptight with things like that over there. Maybe he's a Clinton-lover! :D

mauilvr
08-10-2005, 04:57 AM
I think it's PG. If people here don't I won't be put out. It was just good fun.In your opinion - apparently it violates the family friendly guidelines of the RCGroups site owner.

We will allow any humor in the humor forum as long as it is PG rated and clean.So in your opinion is the word "*****whipped" PG rated and clean?

LATER EDIT:
Well, look at that. The automatic filter edited the very word you are making such a big deal about. Apparently it's not acceptable here either. <chuckle>

Personally the video didn't bother me but I did understand why it was "warned". It clearly violates the standards they try to set at RCG. It's Jim's site and he can do with it as he pleases.

Don't sweat it, they're pretty uptight with things like that over there. Maybe he's a Clinton-lover!Actually I'm fairly sure that moderator is not a Clinton supporter, although I'm not sure why that would be relavant.;)

stafphoto
08-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Personally I thought it was pretty funny. It's just an all in good fun thing people just gotta learn to loosen up a bit.

mauilvr
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Personally I thought it was pretty funny. It's just an all in good fun thing people just gotta learn to loosen up a bit.I agree. However, would you want your 8 year old son to see it?
Would you care if he used the word *****whipped?

Whoops, there goes that filter again. I guess Marc Vigod doesn't think much of that word after all.

So he'll allow it in an attached video but not if it's typed out. I'm confused.....

A10FLYR
08-11-2005, 02:29 AM
I agree. However, would you want your 8 year old son to see it?
Would you care if he used the word *****whipped?

Well, if he is 8 years old he most likely has heard it a hundred times already, maybe even says it himself when you ain't around. It's a whole new generation out there.:) I have to agree...lighten up!:rolleyes:

ThomasK
08-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Actually, are you 100% sure you heard "that" word? I was thinking it was tushy, instead of what you were thinking it was... but I still think its freaking hilarious.

Good show! You got my support!
...Thomas

zappedalaskan
08-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Hi Everyone,
Long time RCU'er, First post here..Glad to be here! A dedicated E-site is long over due. As a parent I watch what my kid clicks on like a hawk, and windows has kiddy software that does not allow kids to view anything you don't want them to. An eight year old will find a lot worse things that that to "peep" at if unattended, and as far as the adults go..If you have no sense of humor then maybe assume that it might be something you do not want to click on.
Admin - Congrats on your new site, it is very nicely laid out and lots of topics. I have several new E-projects in my shop lined up for this winter.
I buy kits all summer, no time to build.. Then when it's below zero out in the winter I am a building fool. Anyway I am looking forward to posting here and I am happy to be a member. Take care and have a great day!
Thank you kindly,
Jay

zappedalaskan
08-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Sorry for the double post.. But I was looking at avatars and I was wondering if you could post a few pics of your A-10, That is a very nice bird. Thanks Dean.
Jay

admin
08-11-2005, 03:52 AM
thanks for all the kind words gentleman! glad you like what you see so far. I'll be giving it 1000% for everyone here.

A10FLYR
08-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Hi Jay,

I would post a pic or two but this is an *E* forum and I don't think it would be appropriate. We may some day Epower it and them watchout!!

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Lot of great comments here guys! ThomasK - Love that avatar!

Zapped - Fairbanks huh? Wow, too cold for me. I'll go see snow when water freezes at 70 degrees.

But seriously, glad that everyone is enjoying the site so far - it is growing by leaps and bounds! Way to go Marc!!!!!

Mike Parsons
08-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Ahhh..it is all about how you present it Dean... Like "here is my 80 pound A-10 that I would like to convert one day. Do you think two Himax 4200 on a 3 cell lithium would fly it?" :D

I finally watched the file last night (my father sent it to me in an email as well). I thought it was funny.
On the "word" I went back a couple of times to listen. I know it sounded like it, but I am not sure it was really said. I am a strong advocate on keeping this site family friendly and if it werent PG rated or complaints from members recieved, then it wouldn't remain.

BIGRICH
08-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm a Clinton-lover.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm a Clinton-lover.

That's okay.....There's still hope for you yet... HAw.

Just kidding, mate.

paddyH
08-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Is funny but... is totaly off topic?

I am still laughing though - we've got Blair to contend with in the UK so we have to have a sense of humour

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Well - Paddy, I sympathize with you then.

Off topic? Naw....this is the humor forum. Welcome to Wattflyer, by the way.

paddyH
08-12-2005, 02:08 PM
:) fair enough. I must say superb forum, keep up the good work

pip, pip. Tally Ho

A10FLYR
08-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Ahhh..it is all about how you present it Dean... Like "here is my 80 pound A-10 that I would like to convert one day. Do you think two Himax 4200 on a 3 cell lithium would fly it?" :D

That's good Mike but I'd still not feel right about it. ;) I do plan on having Mark, (DCU), lay up light weight fiberglass parts for a "E" version. We'd replace the 8 pounds of lead in the nose with LiPo's and jumper cables!

BIGRICH
08-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi Nitro:
It's off the topic, but the last time some one called me "Mate" was a KIWI marine
in a Suva, Fiji bar. I was the only sailor in the place and they were toasting me. It was allmost my 18th birthday, September 27, 1942. I'll never forget that day.
Have a good one, Tex.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Haha - Very interesting - Naval guy here too. CTi2(SS/DV) stationed out of Hawaii from 1992-1998

hole digger
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Steve, have you been diving with your Submarines again?

digger

ThunderVee
09-14-2005, 03:25 AM
That was too frigging funny dude!

hole digger
09-14-2005, 03:36 AM
I have seen a lot of Steves work. He was a great asset to e-zone. It seems that a lot of people are drifting over here as the thread police are beginning to think we don't live in a free world. Their loss is your gain.

hole digger

Reformed Nitroaddict
09-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Nice comments, Hole - glad to have you with us

smokejohnson
09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Since this was from 2005 I thought I would give it a bump since it's looking like it could happen. Plus its hilarious :Q.

Spencer J
09-28-2007, 02:13 AM

U812

RCG has very poor management...that is not a debatable issue, it is a simple given fact. I'm not quite sure what Jim has up his behind, but another big sign of poor management is he has no hint that competitors such as WF are nearly equally matched to him as a result of good work on RCUs side. WF's total members is over half of RCGs, the only thing it lacks are high post counts, which comes over time. The only other thing it lacks is a old vBulliten software system, a warning point game and a nasty 'RCG Secret Service'. You are not the only one to be turned off by RCG. There was a guy up here who had something in his signature.....

Anyone that wants to blast this comment....go ahead. Like I said, debating this is like arguing that George Bush isn't white.

Bub Steve
09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Spencer J (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=14568): How could you post such an unfaltering thing!!!!!!!your good bub, stevecooper

Don Sims
09-28-2007, 03:09 AM
What's with the RCG bashing?? This is humor not OT.....

Airhead
09-28-2007, 03:14 AM
lI think its funny too.:Q I don't see it as harmful....

We at WF like funny stuff. Heck, the moderators let me stay..;-)

smokejohnson
09-28-2007, 03:15 AM
I'm not in to bashing RCG or anybody for that matter ;). I just thought the video was funny :Q. Also I thought it was neat that it was posted in 2005.

Don Sims
09-28-2007, 03:18 AM
I know Joe, I was talking to Spence's post 31. The threads ancient like me.

Spencer J
09-28-2007, 03:25 AM

U812

:D

Sorry for diverting form the topic....:o

Mike Parsons
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM
What's with the RCG bashing?? This is humor not OT.....
agreed.

Voyager2lcats
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm a Democrat and I thought it was funny!:)