i would be interested in some some opinions and or advice on what they are like
problems, upgrades etc.

Three possible options i have,
1. Walkera
2. Blade 400 3d (when its released)
3. Trex ???

Due to budget restrictions i might have to save for a long while for the Trex
Probably could afford Blade 400, can at the moment buy the Walkera 60B
I have had a little experience trying to fly some crappy units (Twister, Venom), flying 3D would be a long way off

snokid
11-19-2007, 02:45 AM
I have a walkera 60b, overall it's a ok heli. but I don't like the electronics.

Ok that's the short answer.

do yourself a favor and save a little money up and get either a trex or the hdx450se in the end you will be much happier.

I have both and there's not enough difference between the trex and the hdx to note they are pretty much the same. But they both are built much better than the walkera.

does you LHS carry parts for the walkera? That's the thing with any heli that can be a problem. Break a $1.00 part but then pay $8.00 to have it shipped to you, so if you can get the parts local then go for the walkera.

Bob

grumpyoldman
11-19-2007, 05:04 AM
LHS hasnt parts at the moment but hes getting them in .

Probably take advice and wait a while until i can afford a Trex or maybe mini titan. Will watch with interest to see how the Blade 400 3d goes that might be an option also

thanks

vadimpelau
12-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Saw one in local shop $500, is anyone flying one of these
i would be interested in some some opinions and or advice on what they are like
problems, upgrades etc.

Three possible options i have,
1. Walkera
2. Blade 400 3d (when its released)
3. Trex ???

Due to budget restrictions i might have to save for a long while for the Trex
Probably could afford Blade 400, can at the moment buy the Walkera 60B
I have had a little experience trying to fly some crappy units (Twister, Venom), flying 3D would be a long way off

That's a rip-off and the electronics are really terrible.
The 60 is a pretty good heli ant it's really cheap.
The best option is to buy the kit from http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=82_90&osCsid=6691f160ef78481e9c586423c2868e94
They also have some rtf versions(with better electronics) but buying the kit and the electronics separatley is the best thing to do.
I use on mine hitec 65MGs(watch out they're hard to fit in but worth it) futaba gy 401(absolutley a must), elf hobby 4200kw motor (from ehirobo), they might tell you that you don't need a bec on this config but that's terribly wrong (http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=93&products_id=4550 that's what I have, works great).

As for tx & rx I use walkera WK-1001 with http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/proddetail.php?prod=XPS-CPJ1-8&cat=7 .

Vadim

citezyne
07-22-2008, 03:05 PM
ok just a few things, im still a bit new to the heli thing, i'm only just starting to do inverted flight, so I'm not the best in the world at this.

However, I have a HBK 2 and i have test flown the Belt CP witch at my LHS was the competition with the Walkera 60#B i did not like the Belt CP, i found it twitchy and a bit slow in response, now havening said that its not in ur list of possible helis soo a bit pointless.

neway.... i fount the walkera to be smooth, even for a beginner i found it easy to hover and control, however its touchy, if you get the RTF type they have set it up that way. My nephew has not touch a Rc heli ever and he was able to hover it with triaing gear on.

as for 3D flight i don't know iv not had the guts to try it yet lol.

and i would have to agree that the radio gear is crap same for the servos, if u can id change them, or get the kit version of the heli, its simple to set up and easy to tune.

hope this helps mate

ken schmidt
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I have a walkera 60b, overall it's a ok heli. but I don't like the electronics.

Ok that's the short answer.

do yourself a favor and save a little money up and get either a trex or the hdx450se in the end you will be much happier.

I have both and there's not enough difference between the trex and the hdx to note they are pretty much the same. But they both are built much better than the walkera.

does you LHS carry parts for the walkera? That's the thing with any heli that can be a problem. Break a $1.00 part but then pay $8.00 to have it shipped to you, so if you can get the parts local then go for the walkera.

Bob
hi bob i see you have a 60-b i just brought one,and in try to set up wk-0703 transmitter-702 reciver i accidently rest set the controler, then i had to reset the reciver to get the right frequncy,but i had to disconnect all
the plugs to get at the rest button.
now its mest it up i cant get the servo to work together again ,and the manuel dont say much,i dont know which servo is 1,2,3.i got the reciver
to pick up the transmitter,but i can only get two of them to work together,
the front sevo dont seam to sink up with the other two .
so i cant get the prop pitch right, everything else seems to be working
correct. any help appreciated
ken

ken schmidt
09-11-2008, 08:54 AM
ps. not reel good with computers
e-mail address is spitfire2904@live.com thanks ken

Balil
09-13-2008, 08:03 AM
you can set up a mini titan RTF for about $600, if you already have a CCPM transmitter and flight packs you can set one up for about $350-400 depending on servos and gyro you choose. the kit is $175 on many online retailers and most LHS' will match the prices of online stores. another route would be to go with a t-rex clone such as the hdx, copter-x, or anyone of the other clones out there, set up properly they fly just as well as the t-rex. or you could get the century Swift RTF which has decent electronics, its a .30 size electric, or the Raptor .30 v2 RTF from ACE hobby. i know its a nitro but it comes with a generic futaba 6exh radio, decent servos and gyro, and a fairly decent engine. and with that particular package you could learn to fly or throw down some serious 3d out of the box, the Blade 400 is a decent helicopter to learn on, but it is not a good 3d flier. there are SEVERAL articles on upgraded 400s and it just doesnt compare to other helicopters in its size catagory.