PDA

View Full Version : SnapShots

simibill
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
What's the deal here? I don't mind seeing ads, but the SnapShots are very annoying to me. I selected disable, but apparently that doesn't work. Do I need to choose not to see banner ads to get rid of this "feature"?

Rabbitcreekok
11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
What Bill says for me too.

Biplane Murphy
11-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Yep..... Me too.... Not a fan of the snapshots.....

firemanbill
11-17-2007, 12:33 AM
They area a bit aggravating huh? I keep hovering over them and BAM there it is...

Grasshopper
11-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm not real fond of them either.

Rabbitcreekok
11-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Wow, do they respond on WattFlyer. The snapshots are gone and if you wish to go see more about the ad, you just click on the ad. That is much better.

Thanks Mike or whoever.

Biplane Murphy
11-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Yippee!!!!!!!.... Thanks to the "Secret Helper"....:)

aviatordave
11-17-2007, 06:54 AM
I didnt like them either....but they are still there on the main ads ???????? :)

Although the flashing green box when I have a pm is quite cool ! :cool:

Biplane Murphy
11-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I didnt like them either....but they are still there on the main ads ???????? :)

Although the flashing green box when I have a pm is quite cool ! :cool:

Yeah... I like the PM alert Box too!!!!....:)

Mike Parsons
11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Sorry guys, I am trying to figure out how to get them off the main ads. That was never my intention to have a preview link show up there.

I have changed the setup now so it only shows up on the icon and not the link. Ill have to work on the ads.

The snapshot feature is something I am just trying. It isnt permanent yet, but lets give it some time and work the bugs out.

RacerPaul
11-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I like the snap shots... maybe there is a way to opt out of the function for those who don't?

My 2 cents

Paul

Mike Parsons
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
When a snapshot box pops up, you can choose to disable it, so it wont be shown again. If I cant get a few things tweaked out, I will kill it. The intention was that you can preview a website someone links you to before actually visiting it. Things are a bit safer that way.

I killed the whole link snapshot and now only the little box will show the pop up window.

Glad you guys like the new PM alert. You can still have pop up alerts if you want, but I disabled mine as I felt the new alert was much less intrusive.