PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the sailplane/glider forum?

AEAJR
11-17-2007, 10:03 AM
The sailplane/glider forums is gone! What happened to it?

A new member joined who flies electric gliders. I wanted to point him to this forum and I can't find it.

Ed Anderson

AEAJR
11-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Wait, I just found it, but it has been renamed to high performance and sailplanes? How does that make any sense?

HIgh performance planes are typically fast, highly aerobatic planes. These are usually high watt/pound planes. Hotliners might fit here, but that would be the only exception.

Sailplanes are typically slow, thermal duration or slope soaring planes that are powered to the lift and then powered off. The might have an inital high powered run, but then are flown wiht the motor off.

Can we fix this? Few if any of the threads in this forum would fit into a classification for high powered/high performance, in the sense of a powered glider.

Please change it back.

FlyWheel
12-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Wait, I just found it, but it has been renamed to high performance and sailplanes? How does that make any sense?

HIgh performance planes are typically fast, highly aerobatic planes. These are usually high watt/pound planes. Hotliners might fit here, but that would be the only exception.

Sailplanes are typically slow, thermal duration or slope soaring planes that are powered to the lift and then powered off. The might have an inital high powered run, but then are flown wiht the motor off.
Maybe because that many of the speed records are held by sailplanes/slope gliders. So they thought that hotliners and such, which are basically sooped up gliders belonged here. At least that would be my guess.

Can we fix this? Few if any of the threads in this forum would fit into a classification for high powered/high performance, in the sense of a powered glider.

Please change it back.
I too think that the faster, performance planes should have their own, seperate forum. After all, we seperate jets/EDF's from delta/flying wings because they too, are a distinct category.

How about it Mods? http://mescal.pixelized.ch/smilies/azzolina.gif

AEAJR
12-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't visit that forum anymore, except if someone posts to a thread to which I am subscribed.

FlyWheel
01-17-2008, 02:37 AM
How about making the hotliner/performance planes a subforum of gliders and sailplanes, like they did with the A123 battery forum...?

Airhead
01-17-2008, 04:34 AM
i admit that in the past I didn't really notice. However, my interest in sailplanes have increased so I do visit that area..