PDA

View Full Version : Lipo balancer

pl365322
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi guys.
I need your help !!
I have some 2 and 3S 1800 Polyquest pack charged by a Schulze 330d charger.
When I used the 3P balancer to charge the 3P pack, it burn out.:mad:
Before I use the 2P balancer to charge the 2P packs, I would like to know if anybody knows why it burn?:rolleyes:

Do I need a balancer device to charge those pack?:confused:

Thanks for your help.
Philippe.

Matt Kirsch
11-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Okay, what burned out?

Did the balancer burn out?
Did the charger burn out?
Did the battery burn out?

Are you using the Polyquest balancer?

What were the settings on the charger?

I suspect that one of two things happened:

1. You got a bad balancer. This happens from time to time, and they do tend to fail right away if there is a bad component in the circuit.
2. You used the wrong settings on the charger. I am not familiar with this balancer, but it may charge the batteries in PARALLEL, rather than series. You put 12.6V in when it was expecting 4.2V, and it blew up. Can you provide a link to the instruction manual?

pl365322
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Okay, what burned out?

Did the balancer burn out?
Did the charger burn out?
Did the battery burn out?

Are you using the Polyquest balancer?

What were the settings on the charger?

I suspect that one of two things happened:

1. You got a bad balancer. This happens from time to time, and they do tend to fail right away if there is a bad component in the circuit.
2. You used the wrong settings on the charger. I am not familiar with this balancer, but it may charge the batteries in PARALLEL, rather than series. You put 12.6V in when it was expecting 4.2V, and it blew up. Can you provide a link to the instruction manual?

Thanks Matt for your reply.
In fact the Polyquest balancer burn out.
All setting of the Schulze charger was right (lipo/voltage/amps/number cells) but I have heard that these balancer are not in range with Schulze charger.
The balancer did burn only a few minutes later then the connections ( almost at the end of the full charge).
Could it be the fixed Delta peak setting of the charger the matter?
Do you know more ?
Thanks again Matt.
Philippe.

Matt Kirsch
12-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with either your charger or that balancer... I was hoping to glean some additional information that might spark another person's memory, or help us determine what went wrong.

One thing I know is that Delta peak shouldn't have any affect on LiPoly. There is no delta peak, as LiPolys are charged to a fixed voltage.