PDA

View Full Version : 50" Curtis Jenny

firemanbill
11-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Ok my boy has decided what he wants for Christmas... He sure knows how to get me going! I'm all for it too.

Atlanta hobby has a 50" Jenny coming soon and that is what he wants. Been watching me fly the Waco and now he wants to go big too.

We saw this Aircraft at SEFF this year and it is beautiful, and I do mean Beautiful!

Has anyone else seen it or have any thoughts or ideas on it.

He wants the solid yellow, not the transparent version. I like that better too.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=7076

Airhead
11-22-2007, 03:07 AM
That looks pretty good Bill. Now you know you're not supposed to show me stuff like that.....;-) Thats too big to sneak in the house..

firemanbill
11-22-2007, 03:10 AM
Yeah hard to sneak that one around... They have the smaller one and he was going to buy it down there this year but we it was just a lot smaller than we wanted. Well now they have this...

What is a father supposed to do... I can't let my boy down...:p:rolleyes:

Airhead
11-22-2007, 03:36 AM
That is certainly understandable... Yes, you are a good dad. Maybe you'll let your son fly it too....;-) you sly fox...

firemanbill
11-22-2007, 03:40 AM
;):D:p

You are on to me...:cool:

capn chaos
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah hard to sneak that one around... They have the smaller one and he was going to buy it down there this year but we it was just a lot smaller than we wanted. Well now they have this...

What is a father supposed to do... I can't let my boy down...:p:rolleyes:
Bill, That would be child abuse and would stand up in any court. If you dont buy this for your son he is liable to grow up to be a serial killer or worse, a lawyer...oops, dont know what came over me but I'm OK now!!
If I were you, I would buy two just in case one is damaged in shipping;-).
Now I have to go and check my bank balance.

CC

firemanbill
10-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah we ended up getting this one. He has really enjoyed flying it and it is one sweet airplane. We put a park 480 outrunner on it and it flies very scale like on a 3s lipo.

He had a small incident with it not too long ago getting disoriented in the sun a losing it nose down in the tall grass. busted a couple of wing supports and the motor shaft but it held up surprisingly well considering how hard it hit.

He had a bad couple of weeks crashing his Diamante' and Jenny in the same week. He has recovered and recently completed his Club Sport Pilot checklist. Youngest member of our club to do so. He is one move away from completeing his Advanced Pilot level now as well.:cool:

capn chaos
10-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Dont know how I missed the original post date Nov 2007. You probably have grandkids by now...:eek:
CC

PerlAddict
10-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Just built this one, as well. Won a Storm70 at SEFF, and Pete @ Hoffman Magnetics took it back for me and sent me the Maxford 50" Jenny in its place. Lovely looking plane, but the quality control on my kit left a bit to be desired, sadly. Lots of pre-drilled mounting holes that did not line up correctly. My motor is slightly rubbing the cowl, so I need to move the cowl forward a little and give it another try. My first flights on a Turnigy 35-36C (1100kv, E-Flite Power 10 comparable) with an APC 10x7E prop ate through a lot of battery fast and with kind of mediocre performance. I've got lots of readings on it and I think I can get it flying like I want, but changing out the prop to a GWS and getting it to not rub the cowl at my first two priorities. Going to try some Turnigy light electric wood props on it, as well.

Very beautiful kit, though! Pretty enough to just be a static model.

Ryan Flyer
10-31-2009, 04:17 PM
That is a nice plane! I have always loved the jenny.
Pat