PDA

View Full Version : Have plane, will crash!!

pburt1975
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
We'll start with the Delta,I flew it a bit and it felt real good. Was zippin around and did a back flip, "Cool", do another, "man this thing is slick, maybe it can do a roll", pointed the nose up and gave it a try- half way through and most my altitude was gone- pushed forward and climbed out of that one. Guess I felt like I knew how to fly by then so I tried it again (the roll) when it went inverted I lost my direction and control, an inverted left turn -flip over then up right right turn, then bam. It sure was fun to fly and easy to fix. I can see a few of those being built in the coming months.
Today the rudder servo decided to shift a few gears inside and locked the rudder into a left hand turn. Everything checked before flight and I got good left and right turns before that (and insane speed for a slow stick!!) once in air, but some where it just shifted and a solid left turn death spiral took place. Nother prop gone. If nothing else, it really flys great and the controls are spot on when they want to work. I really can not believe the power this motor/prop has. At one point the SS stalled on me, just 4' up from the ground as I was trying to land. Full throttle and it was gone, straight up.

But, I've got to say, I learned a lot this weekend. If not about flying, about fixing. Can I just say, Im tired of learning how to fix;-)

firemanbill
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Well it sounds like you were having some limited success anyway.... Good to hear... You'll be flying that CE in no time.

Keep tearing up the cheap, easy to fix stuff, and we'll ahve another go at the CE soon!:D

pburt1975
11-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Keep tearing up the cheap, easy to fix stuff, and we'll ahve another go at the CE soon!:D

Would you believe the CE is packed back in its box and is sitting out the winter in storage. Im not flying that one for a while yet and hopefully there'll be a cable for a buddy box setup on that day:D.

firemanbill
11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
You are a wise man.:D

Yes we will have a buddy cord next time out and it "will" get used!

Stan-the-Man
11-30-2007, 06:07 AM
...Im tired of learning how to fix;-)

... Think of all the experience you're getting!!!!

You'll know more about repairs than the rest of us, and we'll all be coming to you for help! :Q :Q

(I better watch it -- I'm dishing out what I know I'm going to get back some day. :blah:) The truth is, that's why many of us are staying super cheap just to trash what we mess up -- that way, no evidence! -- And we look so professional! :p

FlyingMonkey
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Another fine product of Monkey U Flight School...

Your diploma is in the mail

:D

Stan-the-Man
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM

You diploma is in the mail

Good shot, Monk. Had to laugh at your flight school. Now I know how you got your handle...

I'll have to rename under King Kong for abusing every tree and tall thing in sight! :Q :Q

I even offered to drop bananas to one our confessing comrades in an earlier posting, as he liked the trees, too. He was being nice, though, trying to console me for my taking vengeance on a metal light pole with my SC. Now I feel guilty for teasing him... He may not even like bananas! :Q
I'm bad. :rolleyes:

pburt1975
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Your diploma is in the mail

Ahhh Crap!! There was a thread yesterday in which you agreed with me, and now this?? I didnt know the MM's were recruiting:D. Do you just need someone new to scrub poo from the walls? We'll get ya Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs:Q.

Can you believe, the only plane fixed from that day so far is the Delta? hehehe, but the cubs almost done:)

Hey Stan, nothing is ever a Failure, just reason for a new design. I try to stay optimistic:eek:;-):blah:

pburt1975
12-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I feel like Im flying now :) Took the new delta to the field today and almost ran the 2s 1700mah pack out. It was flying great the whole time at 1/2 throttle, but toward the end was needing 3/4 to have any zip. It felt like we had every bit of 20min of air time with the 2s pack. Dustin had 3 flights, 1 ending in a quick but good landing and the second 2 in a pass of the controller to me. I even let Josh (8) have some stick time, but only with my thumb ready to correct.

i did try the 3s but the only prop I had was the 1047sf and after 1 min of flight, the motor was getting hot.

So yeah, feeling good after a good day in the air. I need to adjust my linkages a little, 1 for more throw and 2 to get them trimmed in.