PDA

View Full Version : Laser Arts P-51 model

rclark
12-02-2005, 04:03 AM
Thought I'd point this one out as it is a nice laser cut kit ... and flys good too :)

http://www.laserarts.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_29&products_id=201

Bigfoot21075
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
What set up are you running? are you ROG take off? Looks GREAT! How were the directions? I would imagine covering and getting it to look that nice is tough

rclark
12-06-2005, 05:02 AM
My 16 year son Eric built this one, so I can't take any credit ..... He's beening building for a couple of years. Directions were great. Only had a couple of head scratchers but was able to get through them (don't even remember them right now :) ) .

This one flys on 1500 and 1320 3S1P packs. It is powered by a Hacker b20L/15 flipping the GWS 4 bladed prop. This is actually more prop than the motor can handle (24As) but he is careful with throttle control. The scale prop just had to stay! AUW is around 20oz I believe. It's a stick mount, so there are lots of motor options. We just had the Hacker handy so....

The plane ROGs. Has retracts. I bit of a pain to get working and stay working but BOY when they work it sure looks good in the air!!!

Also a picture of Eric and his plane before the maiden flight 8/16/2005 .

watt_the?!
12-06-2005, 05:30 AM
wow...that 4 bladed prop is da bomb!

that pic of the fly by is one of the great RC pics IMO!

esp for a model that size....props to your son mate!

Tim.

Bigfoot21075
12-06-2005, 11:40 AM
That second pic (the mountian background fly by) is amazing - it looks real! GREAT job with this plane, I would rish the 4 blade prop too, well worth it! Any advice you could give on this one? Anything you would do differently. I am going to make this my winter build project.

What size is that prop?

THANKS AGAIN! Your son has a TON of talent!

rclark
12-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Size of prop is 10x8 (GWS spinner and prop) .

oracle_9
03-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi,

I love the detail you had done to the plane. I might be thinking of making one myself. I typically fly 2m and 100 inch sailplanes and and a 2 m electric sailplanes. But I am thinking of getting the P-51 mustang from laserarts.

One question, I fly at a SOD farm (grass field) and grass is relative short, so I belly land my electric sailplane. But with wheels and landing, how big the grass can be to land on.....and not trip over???

Also, laserarts says it can fly slow as well, how slow is slow? :)

Do you have a video of it flying as well? :)

rclark
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
But with wheels and landing, how big the grass can be to land on.....and not trip over??? Has to short I am sure, but all our flying is off a dirt field, or asphalt parking lot. Retracts wouldn't stand up to to much 'grass'...

How slow is slow? This is a park flyer so it isn't intended as a pylon racer. Slow will depend on how heavy you build it of course. But from observation, I suspect you're looking at 15-20mph for stall speed.... That's a guess as I've not measured or calculated it.... Take it for what it's worth.

Don't have any video.