PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up Ads??

alienx
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry to ask in here but I can't post in the forum announcements section. Is there any way to defeat the roll-over feature of the banner ads? I don't necessarily want to turn off the banner ads, I just don't want them to keep enlarging everytime I accidentally roll over them??

Thanks. Andy

smokejohnson
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Here (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27321) ya go Andy.

alienx
12-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Ahhhhhh, that's much better!!

Thanks Smoke!

rcers
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
The disable didn't work for me - I just turned the ad's off due to that......

Very in your face...

Mike

smokejohnson
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
No problem Andy.

alienx
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
The disable didn't work for me - I just turned the ad's off due to that......

Very in your face...

Mike
I almost only shut off the ad for a particular advertiser instead of all. Did you see that choice in there?

PS. I really like some of the new technology this site has. Like the embedded videos, and the arrow between pics. I also like to see the banners, but this pop-up thing was not for me. Keep up the good site work!

rcers
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I would set to block all - then it would say reload the page, then it would drop my checks in the boxes and still pop up when you hover over it....

I just turned them all off - too bad I don't normally mind them.

Mike

Nathan
12-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I would set to block all - then it would say reload the page, then it would drop my checks in the boxes and still pop up when you hover over it....

I just turned them all off - too bad I don't normally mind them.

Mike

If you like seeing the ads, you shouldn't have to deal with the snap shot if you don't want to see it. Here's a step by step to help get you what you want out of Wattflyer.

roll your mouse over a link to show the website snap shot
click the "sprocket" icon at the top right of the snap shot window that appears
select "DISABLE THIS SITE" or "ALL SITES"
move your mouse off the snap shot window to another place on your desktop
click the REFRESH or RELOAD button in your browser.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know. The last thing we want is someone not to enjoy Wattflyer to its fullest.

rcers
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Nathan - that does NOT work for me - they still pop up when I scroll on them.

Here is the odd thing - I did finally get them to go off and stay off - for one day. The next day they were on again!

Any ideas? Firefox/2.0.0.11 on XP -

Mike Parsons
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
The function works on cookies. So if you turn them off, the system places a small 1kb cookie to tell it not to show. If you clear cookies, they will of course show again.

Do you have FF clearing personal history every time the browser closes? That is how I have mine.

rcers
12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
The function works on cookies. So if you turn them off, the system places a small 1kb cookie to tell it not to show. If you clear cookies, they will of course show again.

Do you have FF clearing personal history every time the browser closes? That is how I have mine.

Yep that must be it......

Mike