PDA

View Full Version : If it sounds too good..........

Gullwing
12-04-2005, 05:40 PM
I have been looking for a J-3 Piper to convert for awhile. Everyone I found was either a complete build or way too big. I finally found one at raidentech.com it was the right size and weight and had a great price. Warning!!!!!Never buy anything from these people. Number one I ordered a yellow J-3 for $65.00. I liked the scale look and thought it would make a perfect AXI conversion. I recieved a blue and white one. It was the cheaper less scale looking one. I called and they said they were out of the one I ordered, and maybe would be getting the yellow in at the end of next year. I told them I did not want the one I recieved. This is what I was told............I could return it, but I would have to pay for the shipping back to them and then on top of that there would be a 15% restock fee. I was so ticked off by this time I just kept it and tried to make the best of it. This is the biggest piece of !#%^ I have ever seen. Lets start with nothing that comes with the ARF really goes with this version. Nothing and I mean nothing fits even close to right(not the normal stuff), and even if the parts where right half of them would be missing. The manual that came with one is the manual to the one I ordered to begin with. So I warn anyone looking to buy one of these plane......DON'T........Here are a couple of pics.

Twmaster
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey Gull,

Are these the one's I've been seeing on FeeBay of late?

Gullwing
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I think so. I think they put whatever picture they want with these planes. All I know is that this one is getting a brushed motor I have laying around and the cheapest other parts I have, and it is going to be my new crash and bash plane:D Lets just say I won't be afraid of doing inverted low passes..........I just ordered the Goldberg Chipmunk 400, I will putting my AXI 2808 in that instead. I figure with a 8x6 prop it will go straight up. So I'm happy. My wife felt so bad for me she let me get the Chipmunk..........LOL..........GW

watt_the?!
12-05-2005, 01:18 AM
i like the pic of the 4 aileron pitts bipe they have on their site and the model is only a 2 aileron model...

Gullwing
12-05-2005, 02:32 AM
I don't think they even pay attention to the pics they put with the planes, or worst they don't know the difference. I guess for 60 bucks you could tear these things down and for about 100 bucks more you could have a decent aircraft.

Twmaster
12-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Yay! the worst of FeeBay rears their ugly heads. If you paid for that via PayPal the fine folks at PayPal will make the seller take it back -and- give you a full refund of price/shipping. You will have to pay to return it though.

You would have to file a claim with PP that the merchandise was not as described.

Of course if you did not pay for it via PayPal I'll just shut the heck up now. :D

Gullwing
12-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I wish I would have. My Pay Pal expired and I havn't gone in and renewed. DUH!!!!! No it was a CC. No big deal. You live and learn. Just didn't want anyone else to fall into there trap.

Bil2
12-06-2005, 04:05 PM
You can call yr CC company & file a 'dispute.' They will give you a credit and send you a paper to sign saying the goods were not as described, essentially. They will definitely take care of you. (Personal experience is the best teacher :p . I've had to do this 2-3 times since dealing with some creeps on Ebay & and by mail-order.) Bil

Matt Kirsch
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
You didn't get what you ordered, and you can prove it. Call your credit card company and make them issue a chargeback. As far as I know, it's the vendor's responsibility to get their merchandise back, so don't glue those wings together just yet.

Big_Bird
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Gull,

Stick to Corsairs.:D

Ken

Gullwing
12-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Hey Ken, No joke on the Corairs. So is the GWS still flying good, or has the weather been too bad. I know it has been down here in the Houston area. I talked to my mother in Weatherford, she said it was sleeting snowing most of the day up there.
Matt, got a hold of the CC company got the plane thing staightened out......Thanks for all the replys...............GW

Big_Bird
12-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey Ken, No joke on the Corairs. So is the GWS still flying good, or has the weather been too bad. I know it has been down here in the Houston area. I talked to my mother in Weatherford, she said it was sleeting snowing most of the day up there.
Matt, got a hold of the CC company got the plane thing staightened out......Thanks for all the replys...............GW
I have 25 flights on it now and it's still flying super. 5 times last Saturday. My whole neighborhood is sleeted in. I have a nice fire in the fireplace and am watching E-Ring. Don't get much better than this. Sorry about your problems.

Ken

Bil2
12-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah, the weather's bad here, too. It rained last night and brought in the cold. High today was only 60...brrrr. :) Gonna rain again tonight, get down to 40, then up only to 55 tomorrow. Yep, Ol' Man Winter is definitely here:D . Greetings from sunny, but breezy & cold, Florida. BTW, STAY HOME - DON'T COME HERE!!!! L'ingMAO!!! Bil

Big_Bird
12-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Bil, it's supposed to get down to 20 here tonight.

I know what you mean. The saying here in Texas is "Welcome to Texas, now go home." Our ranks really swelled with Katrina.

Ken

Twmaster
12-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Our ranks really swelled with Katrina.

Ken there has got to be a lewd joke in that line somewhere. However I will keep my big mouth shut for now!

;)

Bil2
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the problem in Florida is that all the newcomers keep sending for the rest of their relatives!! lol. (This is a strange but true set of facts 1) When I was in Jr. High in Tampa, we did a paper on Florida, where the population was 2 million ('58). Now it is 18 million, and there are another 16 million tourists on any given day, making the true population 34 million.) 2) 3 of every 4 registered voters in Florida came from another state. (I was at the grocery store the other day in the small town of Zephyrhills, Fl and while in line was asked where I came from. I said Tampa. The guy said, "No, I mean originally." LMAO. I said 'That IS originally!" He just looked away, as if to say there's nothing more to discuss....BTW, We're gonna be lookin' for water over yr way soon. Bil

Gullwing
12-09-2005, 12:42 AM
So Ken the "Welcome to Texas, now go home" is not just a South Texas saying huh? LOL I have lived in this area all my life, sense Katrina the population has gone crazy. People just thought traffic was bad down here before. I guess the new saying down here is"Welcome to Houston, if you can get in".....LOL ................Hope you thaw out soon..............GW

Big_Bird
12-09-2005, 04:24 AM
So Ken the "Welcome to Texas, now go home" is not just a South Texas saying huh? LOL I have lived in this area all my life, sense Katrina the population has gone crazy. People just thought traffic was bad down here before. I guess the new saying down here is"Welcome to Houston, if you can get in".....LOL ................Hope you thaw out soon..............GW

Cliff, to change the subject, take a good look at the plane that a good friend built for me. Before radio and motor installation it weighed 5.5 oz. I'll let you know what the final weight is. I guess, after resisting for years, I'll have to learn how to fly 3D or 4D, whatever the difference is.

ken

Gullwing
12-09-2005, 11:46 PM
That is one nice looking plane. What power plant setup are you going to use? I went with this one https://www.danscraftsandthings.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=501086&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D3%26dept%3D5%26class%3D2%26sortby%3D %26numperpage%3D16Tower was out of stock but I found one in New York, it was supposed to be here today, but it looks like Monday now. I guess I will get the 24 hour can't come to work flu....LOL ............GW

Twmaster
12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Link no workee GW...

Gullwing
12-10-2005, 01:23 AM
works when I click it. I wonder???????????????http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/chipmunk400.htm try this one

Twmaster
12-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Bah. Works for me -now- Grumble grumble.

Neat plane. I have always loved to look of the Chipmonk.

Big_Bird
12-10-2005, 02:36 AM
That is one nice looking plane. What power plant setup are you going to use? I went with this one https://www.danscraftsandthings.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=501086&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D3%26dept%3D5%26class%3D2%26sortby%3D %26numperpage%3D16Tower was out of stock but I found one in New York, it was supposed to be here today, but it looks like Monday now. I guess I will get the 24 hour can't come to work flu....LOL ............GW

Good looking Chipmonk. The X Caliber is powered by a Dualsky XM300B motor, 18 amp ESC, TP 900 mah 11.1 volt lipo. Final flying weight is 12.5 ounces. I know what 3D is. What is meant by 4D? I'm used to flying gasser warbirds.

Ken

Bil2
12-10-2005, 02:46 AM
4D is using a variable prop so that you can, literally, fly bass-ackwards, or instead of hovering hanging on the prop, you can hover upside down pushing on the prop...looks as weird as it sounds, too, heh,heh,heh - no respect for the law of gravity and powered flight....Bil

Twmaster
12-10-2005, 02:48 AM
I was watching the video of the Ikarus Shocky team pilot flying like that. Freaky to watch.

Gullwing
12-10-2005, 03:05 AM
I really think 4D is taking RC flight too far. I am more a scale flight kind of guy. I fly 3D on my sim just for kicks, but I don't think I will ever invest any money in 3D or 4D. I am how ever going to over power the Chipmunk quite a bit. It will be running an AXI 2808/20, 30 to 40 esc, and a three cell Lipo. The thrust will be well above the weight of the plane and the watts will be in the 110 to 120 range. I figure I will be flying her at about half throttle most of the time and will have great verticals. From the looks of the manual I will probably have to modify the cowl a little to make the outrunner fit. The setup everyone recommends is about 80 watts.......We will see what happens, at 90 bucks it is worth it to see.........and Ken let me know how it flys for you............GW

Big_Bird
12-10-2005, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the answer. It'll be a while before I do that. Like NEVER.

Ken