PDA

View Full Version : Here she is!

fabricator
12-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Well here she is my first real project, a much modified mountain models magpie, it was my first covering job, it leaves a lot to be desiered but I learned a lot, it flys perfectly, I have a eflite park 450 outrunner, a 20 amp eflite esc and eflite 2100mAh lipo in the battery compartment, I think I am ready to tackle a built up model now EPS foam is a real bugger to work with:o
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/fabricator01/DSC00471.jpg

fabricator
12-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Another pic
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/fabricator01/DSC00470.jpg

fabricator
12-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Top view
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/fabricator01/DSC00469.jpg

Don Sims
12-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Looking good! Thats a million times better than my first covering job. Have you flown it yet??

fabricator
12-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Looking good! Thats a million times better than my first covering job. Have you flown it yet??

Yes sir, twenty degrees this morning but dead flat calm with light snow falling, battery-check, rangecheck-check, mickey mouse boots-check, carhart coveralls-check, two pairs of white cotton gloves-check, knit hat-check, power up light toss and away she flew, I was actually committing four channel aviation!:rolleyes: couple clicks of up elevator and it flew hands off straight flat and level, it is my first aileron plane and that is a real blast, I flew for about 20 minutes untill I couldnt feel my fingers any more and I brought her down and it just floated down light as a feather, I cant believe I didnt start playing this game years ago:D

ForestCam
12-05-2005, 02:59 AM
See! Told you foam don't know from cold! :D
Almost went out today myself but I ended up taking a nap instead.:o

fabricator
12-05-2005, 03:06 AM
See! Told you foam don't know from cold! :D
Almost went out today myself but I ended up taking a nap instead.:o

Yep you were right, it looked like one of those snow globe things out there this morning, and when I landed the snow is so light and fluffy it more or less disappeared, couple more inches and I could auger in from altitude at full power with no dammage, I think I'm gonna like flying over a fluffy pillow, it goes well with my flying style, see the line under my screen name.:D

Rugar
12-05-2005, 03:51 AM
Nice looking Pie and congrats on the successfully maiden.

Don Sims
12-05-2005, 03:54 AM
ROS'ing is a hoot to do off of snow. You need some type of skid or sled for that thing to take off from.

fabricator
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
ROS'ing is a hoot to do off of snow. You need some type of skid or sled for that thing to take off from.

Yeah I'm gonna work on that, It sounds like fun.

Crashalott
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey there Fabricator,
Gongrats on the maiden.
Yeah its fun to fly in the snow and were getting some more here right now.Yesterday i flew my Picomoth in the mourning and then got the Hydrofoil i just finished out and ran it in the snow and she went airborn for about 15 ft and i ran out of space so let her drop and broke a prop.Ha
Got her ready to go again this mourning. Working the buggs out.

ForestCam
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Yep you were right, it looked like one of those snow globe things out there this morning...
Yea, I thought I was smart painting this formosa white untill I went out flying in the snow w/overcast skies, had to keep it real close to see exactly what it was doing! LOL

fabricator
12-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey there Fabricator,
Gongrats on the maiden.
Yeah its fun to fly in the snow and were getting some more here right now.Yesterday i flew my Picomoth in the mourning and then got the Hydrofoil i just finished out and ran it in the snow and she went airborn for about 15 ft and i ran out of space so let her drop and broke a prop.Ha
Got her ready to go again this mourning. Working the buggs out.

Those things look like a real hoot, I checked out one website where they were runing around on water and the beach and flying around what controls them when they are flying? The ones I watched were doing loops and rolls just like a plane.

qban_flyer
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I wish my first covering job looked half as good as your does Fab!

Nice looking bird you have there! :)

fabricator
12-06-2005, 02:30 AM
I wish my first covering job looked half as good as your does Fab!

Nice looking bird you have there! :)

With all the nice fluffy soft snow it may stay that way for a few months.:rolleyes:

Crashalott
12-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Those things look like a real hoot, I checked out one website where they were runing around on water and the beach and flying around what controls them when they are flying? The ones I watched were doing loops and rolls just like a plane.

They are controlled by Rudder and Elevons and Motor Control.
I am flying mine with a three ch.TX so i don't use elevons just Rudder and Elevator and Motor Control.If i build another one later i will probably go full control.