PDA

View Full Version : "FREE" Warbirds

Ken Spencer
08-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Not sure if these will interest anyone here, but they are Warbirds, I have drawn and they are electric. Best of all they are FREE downloads found at :
http://users.joplin.com/~wcflyer/freedir.htm
Keep Them Flying ! Your friend, Ken

WWI Ace
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I think they are pretty cool!!! Explain to me how you print them off like that. Do you print on paper in color and glue it to foam or what??

Ken Spencer
08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I think they are pretty cool!!! Explain to me how you print them off like that. Do you print on paper in color and glue it to foam or what??

Hi, WWI
I, print the aircraft patterns onto regular 8 1/2 x 11 typing paper. Then roughly cutting them out, and apply the pattern with spray adhesive. Almost any good brand of adhesive will work, though you may want to use one that is foam friendly, if you intend to use the wing patterns also. The fuselage and the tail assembly is 1/32" sheet balsa. It sounds flimsy but becomes quite strong when laminated with the paper. I recommend using a figure eight thread type hinges. I personally prefer using a glue similar to Amberoid to glue this type hinge, it will not wick down and stiffen the hinge thread. Thus allowing a very free movement for the control surfaces. Five minute epoxy works well for attaching the foam wings. The construction of the Aircraft is mainly left to the discretion of the builder, BUT THE LIGHTER IT IS, THE BETTER IT WILL FLY.

olereo
08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Not sure if these will interest anyone here, but they are Warbirds, I have drawn and they are electric. Best of all they are FREE downloads found at :
http://users.joplin.com/~wcflyer/freedir.htm

What printing program do you use? Mine prints out just part of the picture...
Anyway, it's a neat idea and I will try to make a P-40...

Thanks

Ken Spencer
08-18-2005, 04:34 AM
What printing program do you use? Mine prints out just part of the picture...
Anyway, it's a neat idea and I will try to make a P-40...

Thanks

Hi, olereo
Follow the instructions at the top of the plan web page. Save the JPG files to your computer first. Then using your printer setup, print them to 8 1/2 x 11 paper. If all the file does not print on your page, check your border default on your printer. They maybe moved in from the edge to far keeping the print from printing at 1:1

olereo
08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I smarted up and read the instructions... Also made a "monster" set using "Tile Print"... Already cut out tailfeathers for large model... will use the smaller one directly from plan tonight. However, I am not familiar with the figure 8 hinge method. Is thjere a referance place to look? I am about to order motor and other stuff for small model... I assume the wingspan for the P-40 is about 18" and the fuse is about 12"... so small motor will do for it... not sure how much motor will be needed for the larger version (26" span approx). I'll use cirrus servo's on the larger model. Thanks for the plans... fun builds...

Reese

Hi, olereo
Follow the instructions at the top of the plan web page. Save the JPG files to your computer first. Then using your printer setup, print them to 8 1/2 x 11 paper. If all the file does not print on your page, check your border default on your printer. They maybe moved in from the edge to far keeping the print from printing at 1:1

bwillhite
08-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Hey Ken, too cool!

Greating from Pittsburg!

Brian

titan74
09-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi guys!

How did you make the main wings?..

Ken Spencer
09-04-2005, 05:12 PM
How did you make the main wings?..

Hi, titan74
The wings are made from wall insulation foam. They are cut to the airfoil shape with a hot wire type cutter. Or you can buy them already cut from www.BDSmicroRC.com (http://www.BDSmicroRC.com) along with any of the other parts and needed.

Ken Spencer
09-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Greating from Pittsburg!

Hi, Brian
I am not ignoring you ! Just been very busy. Had a great time yesterday at your Outdoor Fun Fly. Looking forward to the next one. Hope you can make it over on the 1st of October.
Keep Them Flying ! Your good friend, Ken