PDA

View Full Version : Chat room possible???

mikerenz66
08-08-2005, 07:12 AM
To Admin,

First I would like to say this is exellent forum. Cheers to Marc and the rest!!

Would it be possible to add chat to this forum like on RCGroups???
Always nice to chat with other modlers in real time.

Mike R

Reading Pa

admin
08-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Mike,

I might in fact give a chat forum a test here. Typically I've steered clear of them due to the likelihood that there are always a few bad apples that try to go in there and ruin it for the good guys. Have you seen a lot of this in other chatrooms? Are they typically moderated heavily or all the time?

marc

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 06:46 AM
Mike,

I might in fact give a chat forum a test here. Typically I've steered clear of them due to the likelihood that there are always a few bad apples that try to go in there and ruin it for the good guys. Have you seen a lot of this in other chatrooms? Are they typically moderated heavily or all the time?

marc

I myself love chat rooms.you just have to watch people,you should have people who moderate the room(s),I myself have had a past history of this type of thing,I would be happy to help out if you decided to have such a thing.I think this is going to be my new favorite site.I'm addicted already :D
Thanks for the site,I am loving every minute of it.;)

Mike Parsons
08-09-2005, 06:45 PM
I agree that it would need to be heavily moderated. The majority of participants are there for the right reasons and have a good time, but it is that one bad apple that cant keep his finger out of the pot and has to stir.

I had a thought a while back. I think it would be neat to have a monthly or bi-monthly live chat for an hour with a sponsored pilot though. Not sure if it is possible, but might be neat to get a Q and A going with the likes of QQ or George Hicks :).
-Mike

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
I agree that it would need to be heavily moderated. The majority of participants are there for the right reasons and have a good time, but it is that one bad apple that cant keep his finger out of the pot and has to stir.

I had a thought a while back. I think it would be neat to have a monthly or bi-monthly live chat for an hour with a sponsored pilot though. Not sure if it is possible, but might be neat to get a Q and A going with the likes of QQ or George Hicks :).
-Mike

Thats a neat idea also Mike,one of the other sites I stay on has a live talk on monday nights @8-10.so please dont have it then :D.Well maybe you could talk to some these Sponsored pilots and see if they would do it.How about if you didnt have the Chat room on this site? how about if it was some where else? I use Starchat myself and we used to have a Atlanta room there it was allways fun.with the porper programs runing you can set up a bot for the room and they alow ban of members who wont behave at such.

John Seidelman
08-20-2005, 05:49 PM
I would love to have the chat room. So far when I am online it isn't real crowded, and could pick up on lots of stuff. Being new to the sport I need all the help I can get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debhicks
08-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I was a part of a chat room. Yes you have those who like to come in and be less than professional, however the balance is usually on the side of professionalism. Have a way to report any unsavory activity and warn the boot. Afterall, we are all supposed to be modelers helping modelers. Having an opinion is one thing. Being ugly is just another. :) IMHO. If I can I will be happy to help moderate as well.

John Seidelman
08-26-2005, 02:42 AM
Anything else coming of the Chat Idea People? Just wondering.
John

admin
08-26-2005, 04:25 AM
I am waiting on the upgrade code first for this software platform as there are some minor fixes and changes. Once it is released and gold I am going to weave in a chatroom here. Could be any day now or possibly longer depending on how long it takes for the developers of the core code to put out the fixed up version.

Geoff_Gino
08-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi Guys/Mike

Would love to have a chat room, especially for us guys in the remote wilderness of R/C in South Africa. Perhaps it would be possible for the chat room to be for members only and that in itself would be some form of Moderating. I am more than prepared to Moderate bearing in mind the different time zones and although it is now morning in S.A. it's late at night for you guys.
Love the idea and would like to see it running.
Geoff

EpoweredRc
08-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I am waiting on the upgrade code first for this software platform as there are some minor fixes and changes. Once it is released and gold I am going to weave in a chatroom here. Could be any day now or possibly longer depending on how long it takes for the developers of the core code to put out the fixed up version.

Thanks I'm sure you will have it soon enough,if need any help,just let me know.
Chris

admin
08-28-2005, 11:55 PM
It will be live either tonight or tomorrow. Hang tight!

Mike Parsons
08-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Just checked out the chatroom Marc...sweet! :)

admin
08-29-2005, 04:33 PM
thanks :) Should work out well. It will show how many are active in the main nav as people start to use it.

EpoweredRc
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
thanks :) Should work out well. It will show how many are active in the main nav as people start to use it.

Never mind!

SkunkWorks
08-15-2006, 02:17 AM
no longer active?