PDA

View Full Version : WattChat

gfdengine204
12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
A handful of us have begun using the Chat feature more often. Is there a way to modify the "button" at the top of the WF page (The link that says "WattChat") to make it a different color, or somehow indicate with a counter or other means, when the chat is in use?

Could it also be made so that when you click it, it opens the chat client in a new window, leaving the WF forum window intact?

Thanks.

Biplane Murphy
12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I like those suggestions.

Mike Parsons
12-20-2007, 09:47 PM
A handful of us have begun using the Chat feature more often. Is there a way to modify the "button" at the top of the WF page (The link that says "WattChat") to make it a different color, or somehow indicate with a counter or other means, when the chat is in use?

Could it also be made so that when you click it, it opens the chat client in a new window, leaving the WF forum window intact?

Thanks.

I am glad it is getting more use. We currently have a "who's in chat" feature at the bottom of the main page. Coding the button is a possibility, but it wont show what user is in chat, where as the code at the bottom of the page will.

On the pop up window, we opted to encompass Wattchat into the forum window to have a more uniformed feel to it. To open the chat in a seperate window, you can right click on the "WattChat" and select open in new window or open in new tab (depending on your browser)

Insomniac
12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Another thing that would be handy would be a number to say how many people are in it right next to the button so you can tell without going back to the home page. Somthing so the button says 'Wattchat (4)' or whatever number of people happen to be in it.

Mike Parsons
12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Another thing that would be handy would be a number to say how many people are in it right next to the button so you can tell without going back to the home page. Somthing so the button says 'Wattchat (4)' or whatever number of people happen to be in it.
The "whos in chat" as posted above will show the number as well as the usernames of the members that are using Chat in realtime.

gfdengine204
12-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Mike,

I understand the home page thing; was kinda thinking something like the total nbr of users up top on any page. But, if it's difficult, it's not a biggie.

I just like the chat for the real-time ability to talk with other members. It's especially helpful when trying to solve a problem (Thanks Tom and Dave!)