PDA

View Full Version : Bucker Jungman/Jungmeister

Kapn Kaos
12-07-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm interested in finding some good scale plans or a kit for the Bucker biplane from the 1930's. It was a Swiss built trainer used by the Germans in WWII. It's always been my favorite but I've never seen a good set of plans. I recently went to a Bucker website and got a 3 view. I also have an old Flying Models peanut scale plan by Walt Good. I'ld really like to find something in a 48" span. Any help would be reallty appreciated.:eek: :eek: :eek:

sikorsky
12-07-2005, 11:57 PM
@Kapn Kaos

here you can find a very nice kit of the Bücker: www.aero-naut.com (http://www.aero-naut.de/aeronaut/en/allg/index.html:)

Have a look under >Aircraft>>Modelkits>>Bücker 133

Kapn Kaos
12-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. Hobby-Lobby used to be a distributor here but they no longer carry this model. Looks like a nice kit thought. I'll have to keep an eye on the exchange rate as this is a little too pricey at this time.

jungmann1
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi Kapn,
RCM has a plan from an English designer, Gordon Whitehead, which is close to that size. I think it is about 42 inches. It is of the Jungmeister with the radial engine. Good flyer, I built a glow powered one a few years back. The magazine appears to be defunct but I beleive the plan service is still active. Good luck! John.

Kapn Kaos
12-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks John. I'll look for the RCM website. It should be easy as it hasn't been out of publication for very long. What size/type engine did you use in yours?

jungmann1
12-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Hi Bill,
Hope you had some luck with the RCM site. I used a Saito .30 four stroke in mine. I think it weighed about 3 1/2 lbs, ready to fly. That was a good choice of engine. Not unlimited vertical, but very scale performance. He designed a Great Lakes about the same size which I would like to do someday, too. I have a Jungmann I am flying now but it is bigger, 58 inches. It was built from a Eurokit off Ebay. Tough to get in this country. Good luck, John.

Kapn Kaos
12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi John. I went on the site and found 3 sets of plans. The articles are available also. I also checked the MA archives and they have a really nice historical article with a complete set of drawings. These should give me enough information to be dangerous. Bill

Big_Bird
12-09-2005, 02:22 PM
First, let me apologize for not showing a plane that is electric powered.

The Bücker Jungmeister has always been one of my favorite airplanes. This one is a 1/3 scale version built from Gary Allen plans. The color scheme copies the full scale that is owned by John Hickman in California. I was very fortunate this fall and received a 1st place award with it at Bomber Field in Monaville Texas.

Ken

E-Challenged
12-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Big Bird, Just beautiful!!! I have the Flyline kit of the inline Jungman, to build someday.

Big_Bird
12-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Big Bird, Just beautiful!!! I have the Flyline kit of the inline Jungman, to build someday.

Thanks a lot. There is a good photo of Gary Allen's Jungmeister on page 86 of the Feb 2006 issue of Model Airplane News. In my opinion, the Jungmeister is one of the best of the Golden Age aerobatic planes. It should be great as an electric.

Ken

Kapn Kaos
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Sorry I didn't respond earlier Ken. That's a nice looking plane. Do you have any small pets that like to fly? It could be interesting. Just strap them in. I should have been more patient on GOOGLE. I went on the other day and found a whole bunch of stuff. Mostly pictures of full scale aircraft but I got some good ideads for paint schemes.

Big_Bird
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi Bill,

No pets or or riders yet. I'm surprised that no one noticed the second photo. Is it real or a model?

Ken

jungmann1
12-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi Ken,
I bet that is your model. The centerline of that runway is waaaay too wide to be scale! Nice job of photoshopping! John.

Big_Bird
12-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Hi Ken,
I bet that is your model. The centerline of that runway is waaaay too wide to be scale! Nice job of photoshopping! John.

Yup, it's the model. Actually it was done with Microsoft Picture It.

Here is the build thread for this model:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1395907/anchors_1395907/mpage_1/key_Bucker%252CJungmeister/anchor/tm.htm#1395907

Ken

Kapn Kaos
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
I noticed the WIDE line but just thought it was that way for low flying high speed jets!

Gordon
01-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Guys

Chris McHugh from Dundas, Ontario, Canada, sent me a video of his Jungmeister, built from my RCM plans (which appeared as long ago as the January 1982 edition), structurally lightened a tad, and powered by a Pletti Orbit 20-14, 14x10 APC-E, and 3s 5.5Ah lipos. Current is about 35A – he gets 12-15 minute flights. Weight is 60oz, about 4oz lighter than my glow-powered original.

A couple of pics are below, but the icing on the cake is the way it goes, as seen in the video here: http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1462

Here’s a comment from Chris on his version:

At the 15 min mark just before landing I did a climbing knife edge from level flight, how cool is that. I figure a 20 min. flight fully aerobatic is now no problem at all. You can point the airplane straight down and you swear you have the brakes on. The maneuvers can be done so slow, inertia not required.

Squirrelly on the landings and take offs, as you mentioned, I have lots to learn and this plane should make the summer very interesting. At 60 oz. I wouldn't want it any lighter, in fact a 4s pack would only add 4.5 oz's. Loads of extra power and the weight wouldn't hurt it.

BTW, the Great Lakes in the second picture is a 55” span E-powered model that Chris scaled up from my RCM 47” span version, and lightened as with the Bucker, also adding sprung gear. Regrettably I don't know the power setup, but 6s lipos at about 45A on, say, a 15x10 would make it go!

Gordon

Big_Bird
01-21-2006, 11:04 PM
WOW Gordon, what a great little plane.

Kapn Kaos
01-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Outstanding!!! Thanks for the great video. I have many projects ahead of this but, before I'm gone............................
it's my alltime favorite. :):):)

stefanet
04-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone!
My name is Walter and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil... and I'm going to Orlando (my niece lives there) to looking for a scale ("vintage") balsa kit like Bucker or Liberty Sport (Sig)... any tips for me, pls?
I started in model airplanes in the 70s with u-control models... build balsa model airplanes is a therapy for me.
Greetings...

fhhuber
04-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone!
My name is Walter and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil... and I'm going to Orlando (my niece lives there) to looking for a scale ("vintage") balsa kit like Bucker or Liberty Sport (Sig)... any tips for me, pls?
I started in model airplanes in the 70s with u-control models... build balsa model airplanes is a therapy for me.
Greetings...

That really depends on what level of build you want to do...

Proctor produces museum scale kits. If built carefully they can be used to display in a museum to show the true structure of the full scale aircraft in miniature.
These can be built to fly, but are rarely flown for aggressive aerobatics due to the work involved.

Balsa USA models are not as detailed about structure but much easier to build for flying models. They can be finished such that its hard to tell them from the Proctor models that are built for flying.

Sig has discontinued a lot of model kits, moving more toward ARF (structure already built and covered) and I'm no longer sure what is available from them.

And there are a multitude of other sources....

stefanet
02-04-2017, 12:35 AM
@Kapn Kaos

here you can find a very nice kit of the Bücker: www.aero-naut.com (http://www.aero-naut.de/aeronaut/en/allg/index.html:)

Have a look under >Aircraft>>Modelkits>>Bücker 133

Do you know if Is it an ARF kit? Tx