PDA

View Full Version : First attempt to modify

titan74
08-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello guys! here's my story:

I have a COX F-4 phantom ducted fan with only 1 channel that is to control rudder only. As I theorized, once its airborne you have to wait until its battery is down before it will ever land.

As I see it. I think I could possibly add ESC, and elevator control.

Within the month I am expecting my parkzone decathlon to arrive.

My plan is to make use of the decathlon transmitter. From there, could you advice me, what brand of receivers, servos, ESC, Battery do I need in such a way I can start my project with the F-4.

I haven't flew an rc plane, but earned my student pilot license in MS Flight Simulator:) .. I am planning to make my first flight of the F-4 during the weekend, before I subject it for my first experiment.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Personally - I would use the parkzone model to maiden with until you get the feel of how the plane flies in a real environment, then pull the guts out of it to get the F4 ready. While simulators help alot, they are still quite a bit different from the real thing.

You should be able to use all the guts from the park zone in your F4 without purchasing anything else.

incomming
08-09-2005, 03:28 PM
i would recomend the same and if you are going to use the parkzone tx i recomed you use the rest of the guts as well.

titan74
08-09-2005, 04:22 PM
can't i buy flight pack compatible with the parkzone tx from other brands?.. (or if i can buy flight packs from parkzone, much better but cant find one)..

I want to preserve the decathlon, just the tx to be used for the F4.. with that i can use both planes with one tx..

ive already browsed for radio systems, and im confused with the many different configurations.. im afraid ill be able to buy items which i cannot use with the parkzone tx...

and by the way, im very new with the hobby especially RCs.. but im very much interested to learn how the radio system works and also setting up surface controls..

Thanks for the replies.