PDA

View Full Version : Chris True

easytiger
12-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Would be great to see him here! I nominate him for moderator!

U812
12-09-2005, 05:54 AM
I think he had enough with E Zone. But yes he and Gregg were good moderators.

Steve

easytiger
12-09-2005, 05:55 PM
He's a great guy, the best mod out there. We had dinner some months ago at a jet rally.

U812
12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I'd have to agree. He is great.

Steve

admin
12-10-2005, 09:16 PM
He's certainly welcome here! Chris consider this a personal invite from me!

U812
12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Chris! It's nice over here. I wish Kevin Cox would come here. Gregg we lost to the dark side;) Turbines that is. This isn't about supporting big companies but the modeler and his or her projects.

Mr. Lin won't come into your threads pushing his wears either. It's all about the modeling and flying,

Steve

roccobro
12-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Just another perk at wattflyer. I think we will have alot more good people here soon.

I heard RCParkFlyer applied for a mod job here. He's a great asset also.

Justin

U812
12-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Yes indeed. He is.

I was in my LHS today and the talk of the town was the new policies and dislike for that other place. Can't seem to get away from it. One was a vendor who said he was done there.

steve

roccobro
12-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I've had phone conversations with venders who have been disenchanted and stopped adverticsement. They got retaliated against by some forum staff afterwards. :(

Good thing we have him here!!! :D

Justin

Mike Parsons
12-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Just another perk at wattflyer. I think we will have alot more good people here soon.

I heard RCParkFlyer applied for a mod job here. He's a great asset also.

Justin
Justin,
Tom is indeed a MOD for Wattflyer now. A great addition.

Chris would be another great addition to Wattflyer. He never ceases to amaze me.

-Mike

termite
12-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Good to see ya Steve!!!!

I'll be watching this thread as it would be nice to see Chris and Kevin posting!!

Tom is already a Mod. Goes by ParkJetsFlyer.

He's a great fellow (i know him well) and an asset to the community too.

Randy
Dynamo Electrics

Justin, I can take a punch!!!!!!!!!!!

roccobro
12-11-2005, 12:41 AM
:D I know. Your a great inspiration to some of us "little guys".

Justin

U812
12-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Hey! No one is a little guy here! Damit! We are the big guys! Read it and weep boys.

Randy and the same back at you man!

Steve

Bmiller
12-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Hello Steve,
So this is where you went! very cool!
Can you post that picture of bungee launching the sub!
I laughed my butt off!
Theres alot of talented people that rarely post on rcg anymore because of various reasons maybe they'll show up here....:)
Regards,
Bruce

roccobro
12-11-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree. I had to make the wife look at it just to share the laughs with somebody in the house. :D

Justin

easytiger
12-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Hello Steve,
So this is where you went! very cool!
Can you post that picture of bungee launching the sub!
I laughed my butt off!
Theres alot of talented people that rarely post on rcg anymore because of various reasons maybe they'll show up here....:)
Regards,
Bruce

I saw that. I'm not into bungeeing, sooner or later, you are gonna smack that sub into the ground when the bungee goes all wrong.
You should just fit a set of springairs, it would be what, another six ounces?

Bill G
12-14-2005, 12:30 AM
I think he had enough with E Zone. But yes he and Gregg were good moderators.

Steve
Gotten a lot worse there now. They fire warnings out days after the issue occured, and don't look into it past one post. Pretty disturbing when someone gives you a smart time and you get the crap, simply because your post in the dispute was last. Mr. Bourkes attitude would indicate Ezpne is the only rc site out there.

Chris True
12-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the support guys but I'm enjoying my anonymous status for a while;) . Besides, I doubt the idea is 100% popular - I seem to recognize a few names over here I allegedly "ran off":D

Mike Parsons
12-14-2005, 01:18 AM
If you ever change your mind Chris, just ping Marc or I. It is an open invitation. Either way, I hope you can take your coat off and sit for a while with us here at Wattflyer ;)

-Mike

easytiger
12-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the support guys but I'm enjoying my anonymous status for a while;) . Besides, I doubt the idea is 100% popular - I seem to recognize a few names over here I allegedly "ran off":D

It's a lot more FUN being a user than a moderator, I can't blame you!

Enjoy your "civillian status", and feel free to change your mind, I'm sure you would be welcome in either capacity...

As far as Ezone in general...well...to all...I TOLD YOU SO!

I remember getting PILLORIED for daring to criticize them some months ago!

NOW you see what I was talking about?

Enough said...

U812
12-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Has anyone read the "Fun with Religion" thread? Pay close attention to Jim's comments. I think this will lend a view into what's really going on over there.

I'm not big on religion but if I was I would never force my eledged value system on others.

Chris you've always been straight with me. Hey and that 3300 GP pack I got for you is still going strong!;)

Steve

easytiger
12-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Has anyone read the "Fun with Religion" thread? Pay close attention to Jim's comments. I think this will lend a view into what's really going on over there.

I'm not big on religion but if I was I would never force my eledged value system on others.

Chris you've always been straight with me. Hey and that 3300 GP pack I got for you is still going strong!;)

Steve

I could not resist...I went over and read that.

Damn. I knew it. Ask Marc...I had sussed that out months ago.

Bourke is a Holy Roller.

Nothing wrong with that, but it sure does NOT make you "fair and balanced", and there has been a bias that STINKS over there for a long, long time.

Mike Parsons
12-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Well alrighty :D. I have moved this thread to off topic chat since Chris has found the thread and it's primary conversation isnt about Jets :)

-Mike

easytiger
12-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Works for me...

People...
Don't associate my and other's comments about Bourke with Chris True, I have no idea what he thinks beyond the kind comments he posted himself, no guilt by association, please...

Bill G
12-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Mr. Lin won't come into your threads pushing his wears either. It's all about the modeling and flying,

Steve
Especially when the planes he promised I most wanted (747, ME262) will never happen. We'll, maybe I shouldn't say never on the 262, but not soon. Heck, I can hand sculpt a foamie, wave it around, and convince eveyone think it is production.

roccobro
12-14-2005, 05:42 AM
And now with JB as "the" mod for the E-forum it has gotten interesting. Closing thread because people disagree? ET, we "discussed" things more heated than what the thread had done. So much for sharing your personal ideas (no, I'm not allowed in the OT forums because of points. Whats up w/that? :rolleyes:)

Anywho, happy to be here. :D

Justin

easytiger
12-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Especially when the planes he promised I most wanted (747, ME262) will never happen. We'll, maybe I shouldn't say never on the 262, but not soon. Heck, I can hand sculpt a foamie, wave it around, and convince eveyone think it is production.

Bingo! You got it! Like he started waving around that F-15...some guy was saying "it was a nice molding!" but I could clearly see that it was made of depron sheets...which is about two lightyears away from being something in actual production.

If you said you were going to make a Folland Gnat and posted that, how long before Houng-wen started saying HE was going to make a Gnat, too, so hold onto your money!

747 won't happen, because that would involve having to pay Boeing for licensing, and Boeing would want approval on the quality of the product. As far as the $30 per kit he quoted somewhere, that's nonsense, other people...MANY other people...have gotten licensing from Boeing, including Cox/Estes.

An Me-262? I sincerely doubt it...GWS is all "Cubs and Mustangs", don't think there will be any oddball craft coming out of there...

I remember getting beat up, especially by GWS sellers(who don't have to show that they are sellers on ezone) by daring to challenge Mr. Lin. What people forget is that Lin was banned from ezone some years ago for endless spamming of his products, and somehow he ended up getting reinstated, with his own forum, no less! Figure that one out!

There IS no Gws P-38. Just empty promises and hype. Prove me wrong, show me a picture....

easytiger
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
And now with JB as "the" mod for the E-forum it has gotten interesting. Closing thread because people disagree? ET, we "discussed" things more heated than what the thread had done. So much for sharing your personal ideas (no, I'm not allowed in the OT forums because of points. Whats up w/that? :rolleyes:)

Anywho, happy to be here. :D

Justin

Hey, no hard feelings...I suppose you are seeing now that some of what I was saying was really true...

I did not see which thread got closed, I'm not going over there to watch the trainwreck every day, it's too sad to watch.

I got ten points all at once when someone decided to go through the "gws sucks" thread that I got in on and reported each and every post I made...
I got another bunch all at once when someone(brunswickOH) decided to go through all my old posts and find anything possibly reportable. Suspended again. Then I figured if that is how it is going to be, reported for anything that might be even POSSIBLY construed as "offensive", that I had better do my bit and report any posts that I thought were the same...so I just reported any posts that I found offensive, and instead of taking action on them, JB just gave ME ten points all at once and a permanent suspension.

Soooo...different people get treated very differently. The whole concept of "points" is juvenile and petty anyway, I don't want to live under such a system.

There is "family friendly" and then there is Right Wing Religious Whacko Friendly, two different things...

That's my rant for the day!

roccobro
12-16-2005, 01:48 AM
And it's all true. :) I saw the "complaints" and comments JB made.

Justin

U812
12-16-2005, 01:54 AM
It sure is!

Steve

admin
12-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Wow..I just read the site complaints forum on RCG and it has a full page of activity in just 24 hours or so. The only time I've seen such distress was when we converted rcu from the vbulletin platform and it had about 500+ bugs and ran dog slow on launch!

The difference back then was that we listened to the members and fixed the bugs and changed 100's of things based on our members requests. Seems like somebody over there at RCG besides the members is calling the shots hard and fast these days.

I just read one thread where a guy was all happy and excited to use something as simple as a signature and Jim shot him down and said they never had them and he saw no need for it either. What the heck is that? What is the big deal about a signature? If it makes members happy let them have at it and go nuts. I only wish there was some way to let more of those RCG/ezoners know about WattFlyer.com en masse. I'm sure they would appreciate the friendly open policies here if they only knew this alternative site existed. They are finding out slowly but surely that the grass can actually be greener at a site that puts their interests first.

I am sorry to come off a little annoyed but to see modelers shot down there without any democratic input on the site THEY help to create and sustain bugs me. But the only thing I can do is keep plugging away here and hope that the word continues to spread and people find their way to a less oppressive environment whether it be here or elsewhere. People do deserve better IMHO.

easytiger
12-16-2005, 02:32 AM
I have to give credit to RCU for listening carefully to their users and making changes accordingly. You DO listen...

Let me be really blunt about what I find most disturbing about Ezone:

I would NEVER have contributed 3500 posts to the current site, under the current rules and atmosphere. When I first went there, it was a VERY different site.
The thing that really, really threw me off was the abuse of the moderators. Not all of whom I even LIKED! But still, people should not be treated like that..."hey, you are fired, after making my site what it is, and I'm even actually replacing you with somebody and PAYING them!"

Whassupwitdat?

Bill G
12-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Tiger, I saw a supposed photo of a GWS P-38 in British Flying Scale. Again, any good foam sculptor could have made it. I said out this June. Hold your breath! I bet not. Want to bet against me on this one?
In reality, if the plane in the photo was made from real production molds, it would have been out on the market yesterday, not this coming June.
Your right on the "Cubs and Stangs" statement. Its like the oldies stations. They do a poll of what are the top 10 favorite oldies, and play them over and over. It doesn't mean that is ALL we want to hear, but they figure it is a safe bet. Those of us who want unique planes like the 262 REALLY want planes like the 262, but he figures there are not enough of us. "They no need 262, they get A-10 instead."

easytiger
12-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Absolutely, same with the F-15. Just vaporware.
Now, there is nothing wrong with showing a model and saying "what do you think, should we make one?"...but saying it's in the works is a totally different thing. Obviously, there are MANY people who have been led to beleive that there WILL be a P-38.

You are absolutely correct about production molds, if they actually existed, we would have evidence of that. Even just photos or beta models.

As far as Cubs and Mustangs, well...you can't blame GWS for that! That's the stuff that sells! So, instead of saying, "sure, Me-262!"...just say "maybe after we do some more popular planes..."
I saw people broaching the idea of stuff like an Avro Arrow...it's so absolutely far-fetched as to be laughable, so why not play straight with the public?

I don't see any P-40, either. I saw one handmade prototype, nothing more.

I don't think he plays straight with people at all...

roccobro
12-18-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm finally reading my subscription RC mags from June/July. The GWS ads show 3d profile and the P-38 in every one. I thought I was "behind the times" with the old literature. In fact, I was looking into the future! :eek:

He sure is a good shepherd. I don't feel too guilty of being one of his hopefull lemmings though. :D I'm glad just to have 12mm BL EDF-50 A-10's two years after the planes came to market. :rolleyes:

Justin

watt_the?!
12-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I am sorry to come off a little annoyed but to see modelers shot down there without any democratic input on the site THEY help to create and sustain bugs me. But the only thing I can do is keep plugging away here and hope that the word continues to spread and people find their way to a less oppressive environment whether it be here or elsewhere. People do deserve better IMHO.

Marc,

you should see the sorry state runryder is in right now also....mayhem, mutiny, dictatorship, unrest, revolt...

Mike Parsons
12-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Marc,

you should see the sorry state runryder is in right now also....mayhem, mutiny, dictatorship, unrest, revolt...
No kidding. I am thankful for Wattflyer. It is like the good ole days :)

roccobro
12-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm thankful for WF too. Thanks guys. :)

Justin

Bill G
12-22-2005, 04:06 PM
And it's all true. :) I saw the "complaints" and comments JB made.

Justin
His replies to complaints are the most arrogant I've ever seen. He's not even smart enough to realize that if you simply acknowlede people, most of the time it is all that they want. Regardless of his size, he wouldn't want to meet me on the street, after his mumerous insults. Not one of my favorite individuals.

easytiger
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm finally reading my subscription RC mags from June/July. The GWS ads show 3d profile and the P-38 in every one. I thought I was "behind the times" with the old literature. In fact, I was looking into the future! :eek:

He sure is a good shepherd. I don't feel too guilty of being one of his hopefull lemmings though. :D I'm glad just to have 12mm BL EDF-50 A-10's two years after the planes came to market. :rolleyes:

Justin

I was just talking to another company from that area, who about to release an F-16...they are just finishing up their licensing agreement with Lockheed. Beleive me, it's NOTHING like the $30 per airplane houng-wen claimed, that's baloney. It's really about control of image and control of liability, not the money. Two things, though...this company did the OPPOSITE of GWS, they don't say a THING until the product is actually ready to sell, and they don't play dishonest games by trying to call a Lockheed C-130 a "Cargotrans" or a Lockheed P-38 a "GWS-38." It's skeevy, and it's dishonest, and it's bad business.

Rant, rant, rant!
Have you seen Walkera? They have brought out over a dozen new planes within a year, most molded of EPP(even though GWS says it's impossible to do that), all available in totally ready to fly format with radio, an EIGHT channel computer radio, brushless motors, etc. etc...
GWS is not on the cutting edge, not by a long shot...
Check out http://www.walkera.com/home_e/glidere.jsp

Their factory looks nicer that GWS's, too!

There IS no P-38. There IS no F-18. There IS no F-15. You are being led up the garden path.

Jim Bourke, well, I know what you are saying, Bill G...

U812
12-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Bill,

I'm with you on that.

Steve

easytiger
12-23-2005, 03:15 AM
What is the deal between Lin and Bourke? Something going on there...

U812
12-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Maybe he's Jim's new toy boy. LOL!!!

Money. Just money.

Steve