PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Is Having Another Blowout Sale!!!

qban_flyer
12-09-2005, 11:29 PM
YUP!

Just got back form their web page.

Through Dec. 12 they are having the Esskay 400XT @ $19.90 again, Yak-55 @ $15 and all kinds of other nifty things. Tons of stuff.

RXs including Xtals for $15. :D :D :D

Rugar
12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
YUP!

Just got back form their web page.

Through Dec. 12 they are having the Esskay 400XT @ $19.90 again, Yak-55 @ $15 and all kinds of other nifty things. Tons of stuff.

RXs including Xtals for $15. :D :D :D

How many did you just "Have" to buy this time? :D

ForestCam
12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
COOL!!! $15 (backorder) recievers!!!!
Anyone know how they know what feq. I want since I'm at the last step of ordering and there wasn't anywhere to put it.:confused:
:edit:
Nevermind. Figured out you have to order from the actual rx section. Ordering from the sale page only gets you a ch. 5.

Twmaster
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I ordered a pink Yak and 2 of the $15 receivers.

I bought 5 of the 400XT's last big sale after turkey day so I am flush with those!

:D

qban_flyer
12-10-2005, 01:35 AM
How many did you just "Have" to buy this time? :D

:o :o :o !!!

HAD to get me four more motors, one Pop Flyer Bipe, and four more Yak-55s! :o :o :o

H/L is going to send me to the poor house. :p :p :p

Rugar
12-10-2005, 01:42 AM
:o :o :o !!!

HAD to get me four more motors, one Pop Flyer Bipe, and four more Yak-55s! :o :o :o

H/L is going to send me to the poor house. :p :p :p

HEHEHE :D

Twmaster
12-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Geez Q. Are you trying to keep up with me??? :D (I have 8 of the 400XT's at present)

Lokihaus
12-10-2005, 04:56 AM
COOL!!! $15 (backorder) recievers!!!!
Anyone know how they know what feq. I want since I'm at the last step of ordering and there wasn't anywhere to put it.:confused:
:edit:
Nevermind. Figured out you have to order from the actual rx section. Ordering from the sale page only gets you a ch. 5.

Is this receiver for a "Blue Arrow" only transmitter? Are they incompatiable with a futaba or a JR transmitter?

qban_flyer
12-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Geez Q. Are you trying to keep up with me??? :D (I have 8 of the 400XT's at present)

A good deal must not be ignored! (ancient Chinese Proverb) :D :D :D

Rugar
12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Is this receiver for a "Blue Arrow" only transmitter? Are they incompatiable with a futaba or a JR transmitter?

Good question. It does not say if they are POS or NEG shift. :confused:

Twmaster
12-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Heh. I don't care which as my Hitec Optic 6 can be set to either!

:p

ForestCam
12-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Checked it out at the Blue Arrow site and they say it works with either Futaba or JR.
http://www.bluearrow-rc.com/news/fly%20text.htm

qban_flyer
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I just called them and talked to Justin @ H/L, 615-373-1444 (10:01 a.m. EST).

The ones on sale are Negative Shift, therefore to be used with Futaba and Hitec TXs not JR. :)

ForestCam
12-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I just called them and talked to Justin @ H/L, 615-373-1444 (10:01 a.m. EST).

The ones on sale are Negative Shift, therefore to be used with Futaba and Hitec TXs not JR. :)
Strange seeing as how it says this right on the Blue Arrow company site:
Using MCU (Micro Controller Unit), the Blue Arrow R3P5 receiver can identify automatically whether the signal of the Transmitter radio is positive or negative shift. There is no need to use a switch to identify. Therefore, our receiver is compatible with FUTABA/JR/ HITEC/SANWA and GWS radios.
http://www.bluearrow-rc.com/products/receivers/r3p5-ht.htm

qban_flyer
12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Strange seeing as how it says this right on the Blue Arrow company site:
http://www.bluearrow-rc.com/products/receivers/r3p5-ht.htm

Justin had to check with an expert on hand before he came back with an answer to my question.
Since I asked him whether it was compatible with Hitec and Futaba he said yes, that the ones on sale were compatible with both.

Since I am not familiar with the Blue Arrow line I assumed (I'll never do that again), that it was not compatible with JR. :o

Rugar
12-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Looks like H/L needs to add a bit more info on their web site for it.

pikeman401
12-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Sorry if this sounds stupid but it says that it is a single conversion reciever and all the stuff I have now is dual conversion. I'm not sure of the difference.

meatball
12-11-2005, 04:00 AM
dual conversion means that it filters the single from the Tx twice before sending it out to the servo's resulting in cleaner commands, thus a bigger range. Single conversion takes the single in and sends it out after some filtering. It's a difference in technology.

What it means to you, is that single conversion is usually shorter in range and can get sloppy further out. Its fine for 3D foamies and parkflyers though. The Blue-Arrow has a range of 700 feet. I got one and am gonna put it into my Yak-55 I ordered. Dual conversion is usually like 45 bucks minimum, and single gets as cheap as... 15 bucks! at least on sale

Dual conversion are typically 6,000+ feet in range, which is why they are more often used in nitro models. The only single conversion reciever I know of with a huge range is the Hitec 4 channel MSFG (I think? Not the feather variant) with a 6,000 foot range.

Bob_CO
12-11-2005, 05:04 AM
dual conversion means that it filters the single from the Tx twice before sending it out to the servo's resulting in cleaner commands, thus a bigger range. Single conversion takes the single in and sends it out after some filtering. It's a difference in technology.

Just do clarify a subtle point. Dual conversion (2 intermediate frequencies or "IF stages") is not the same as double filtered. Frequency conversion can result in a stronger overall signal by utilizing the gain from each stage. There is a fair amout of filtering that happens with each stage as well. More noise can be introduced in each IF stage however so there is some give an take

Since no one really publishes stats on RC equipment it is impossible to compare how sensitive a RX is. In ham radio for example there are some VERY nice triple conversion RX out there. There is also an equally nice single conversion. However in ham radio everyone publishes fairly realistic stats so it is easy to compare them.

A new RX to show the difference in filters and conversion stages is the triple filtered, single conversion Bergs.

CorsairJock
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Sale extended thru Dec 15 (Wed.)
I just ordered about $150 worth of goodies, wish I could spend more. 3 of those $20 brushless motors, Blue Arrow RX (comes with x'tal), Convair Pogo, 4 micro servos, and a few props.
This will be my X-Mas present from wife.

qban_flyer
12-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Just visited their "Sale" page. No Esskay 400XTs there and the sale ends today Wednesday December 14th, 2005. :o

meatball
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
I ordered a Yak-55 and an Esskay from them and just recieved it today, only to find that the main fuse (horizontal with no print on it) was missing from the package, so I called them up and with no questions asked they sent me another kit, no shipping or anything. Im really impressed with their customer service, Now I have some spare parts :)

qban_flyer
12-15-2005, 02:17 AM
I ordered a Yak-55 and an Esskay from them and just recieved it today, only to find that the main fuse (horizontal with no print on it) was missing from the package, so I called them up and with no questions asked they sent me another kit, no shipping or anything. Im really impressed with their customer service, Now I have some spare parts :)

They are an incredible outfit. I have been dealing with them since 1999. So far, they have been there for me every single time.

Great bunch of people to do business with!!! :)

Durwood
12-16-2005, 02:58 PM
I ordered the Mini-Telemaster kit (2) of them. On the e-mail they sent me the price was $19.90 but when I added it to the cart it came up as $23.90. I e-mailed them and they told me the price was $19.90, so I ordered 2 of them. When they were invoiced the price showed $23.90, so I e-mailed them again, and the reply thanked me for calling it to their attention, and they would correct the price on my order. The kits are backordered.

CorsairJock
12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
They are an incredible outfit. I have been dealing with them since 1999. So far, they have been there for me every single time.

Great bunch of people to do business with!!! :)

I agree. And I have been doing business with them for probably about 20 years now. They have been around for a long, long time, and were the 1st (in the U.S.A. anyway) to offer a large variety of electric powered aircraft kits, ARFs, motors and supplies.
I fear that internet competitors will someday cause them to loose too much business; a real shame since they have been promoting electric flight in a big way, and long before it became 'fashionable'.

Rugar
12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
I fear that internet competitors will someday cause them to loose too much business; a real shame since they have been promoting electric flight in a big way, and long before it became 'fashionable'.

Never happen! No one can compete with them and survive. At least not for very long.

qban_flyer
12-16-2005, 09:25 PM
A few have tried hard. So far none have succeeded. It's hard to dethrone an outfit that runs like a swiss watch. :) :) :)

GallopingGhost
12-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I ordered the Mini-Telemaster kit (2) of them. On the e-mail they sent me the price was $19.90 but when I added it to the cart it came up as $23.90. I e-mailed them and they told me the price was $19.90, so I ordered 2 of them. When they were invoiced the price showed $23.90, so I e-mailed them again, and the reply thanked me for calling it to their attention, and they would correct the price on my order. The kits are backordered.

I saw the price at $19.90 too. Almost got one. When I looked back the price changed. I expect if you calll them they will make it good. Could have been a internet store set up whoops. I had the same thing happen one time when they offered free shipping and they fixed it.

SigMan
12-24-2005, 10:32 AM
bummer ! i missed the big sale ! how often does HL have the BIG sales ! my wife released 400 buck-o's for me to buy my christmas present, and i'm not buying til' the Price Is Right! lol!

CorsairJock
12-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Actually, they are having another big sale right now and thru Dec 26. Not the same items, but many AXI motors are drastically reduced, and many kits as well.

qban_flyer
12-24-2005, 01:48 PM
bummer ! i missed the big sale ! how often does HL have the BIG sales ! my wife released 400 buck-o's for me to buy my christmas present, and i'm not buying til' the Price Is Right! lol!

YUP! I'm the same way, but when the price is really, really low.:o

They have one of the "biggies" every once in a while. The last one was day after Thanksgiving so it is possible they may have one after Christmas Sale comes next week.

The one they are having now is a run of the mill sale where the prices are not that hot.

Keep your eyes peeled to your PC monitor, and hold on to those $$$ 'till their next "biggie" sale.:D

meatball
12-24-2005, 02:47 PM
They had another one around Dec. 13th where Eskkay's were 20 and Yak's 15, they'll probably have one within a month, new years christmas whatever.

Mike Freas
12-24-2005, 03:49 PM
The AXI I want is 32 bucks off!

qban_flyer
12-24-2005, 11:10 PM
They had another one around Dec. 13th where Eskkay's were 20 and Yak's 15, they'll probably have one within a month, new years christmas whatever.

YUP! Probably one starting right after Christmas or on New Year's Eve.:p

I got me four more of those motors and four more Yaks plus one Pitts Pop Flyer 3D bipe on the last one.:)

It's very difficult for me to pass up on a good deal. I have a few more pennies stashed away for the next one.:D

I am a hopeless H/L junkie.:o

CorsairJock
12-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Wait 'till after Christmas if you want, I just placed another order on Christmas Day.
Saved a lot on another AXI motor,
And they are now selling those Blue Arrow 4.3 gram servos for only $9 (regular price now). Also, those 4.5 gram 5 chan. Blue Arrow recievers are selling for $15 each, WITH CRYSTAL!
It's amazing that they can stay in business selling at prices so low. I haven't seen AXI motors this cheap ANYWHERE else.

Bill G
12-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Heh. I don't care which as my Hitec Optic 6 can be set to either!
:p

I just about bought a Hitec Optic 6, but now they have these new 900mhz jobbies, with 100ch, and you can't shoot down, or be shot down by another flyer on the same channel. They even come with micro servos and receiver. Maybe I should be patient and see how well they work, making sure there are no problems.
Who's having the New Year's Eve blowouts?

------------
Bill G.

Faster than a speeding '76 Dodge Aspen wagon with 225 inline-6!

qban_flyer
12-26-2005, 03:46 AM
I naven't heard anything about 100MHz systems that have 100 channels available for R/C flight.

If you are referring to Spread Spektrum radios distributed by Horizon Hobbies, they operate on the 2.4GHz. band and of the 80 channels available, every system uses two of them to control the aircraft, so instead of having 80 channels, we only have 40 available to us.

I don't think many clubs allow more than five or six models in the air at any given moment, so 40 channels is more than enough for us. Regarding your statement about having two models flying on the same channel I must respectfully inform you that you are incorrect.

DSSS, the system under which Spread Spektrum operates, searches for two open channels once the TX is turned on. Once it finds those two channels it begins to broadcast on them. Its RX is bound to the particular code (billions of them available worldwide) of its TX and will only respond to the signal being broadcast by that TX, it will ignore all others. Whenever one purchases an additional Spread Spektrum RX, one has to submit its RX to a "binding" process for it to be able to respond to the TX we own and ignore the rest. It's simple 20 second or less procedure.

If another flyer with the same type system comes over and turns his TX on, even when in close proximity to anoter one, it will search for two open channels until it finds a pair available to it before it begins to broadcast, just as the first one did. It's RX in turn will go through the same process and lock on to its TX's exclusive code to make the system operable.

This process can be reapeated until all 80 channels have used, at which time if another flyer (number 41) shows up where the others are operating, his TX won't be able to broadcast since there are no channels available for it to do so. Accidental shoot downs are thus eliminated!

I hardly believe there will be an event where more than five or six park flyers will be airborne at the same time, much less over 40!
This system is a six channel fully computerized system with many useful features, especially when one considers its under $200 admission price.

I have flown three of them so far. My first impressions of Horizon's DX6 Spread Spektrum Air R/C system for park flyers points in the direction of what the future holds for us flyers. A day when there will be no need for frequency pins and or impound areas for our radios when not in use, and most important, no accidental shoot downs. :)

PS: For more on DSSS Spread Spektrum technology, follow the link below to a thread here in Watt Flyer exclusively dedicated to that subject.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1946

Mike Freas
12-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Last day of this sale folks! Spend some of that Christmas money like I did. I picked up an AXI 4120/18 for only 104!

qban_flyer
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Last day of this sale folks! Spend some of that Christmas money like I did. I picked up an AXI 4120/18 for only 104!

HMMM!!!

I have a notion they are going to spring a "Year's End Sale" on us Thursday or Friday. Don't ask me where that notion comes from, I just feel it in my bones.:D

Twmaster
12-27-2005, 03:41 AM
I honestly did not see anything on sale that caught my interest. Although I must say the AXi sale prices seem darn good.

FiveO
01-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Esskay 400s are going for $19.90 right now.

I have 3 on the way.