PDA

View Full Version : CheapBatteryPacks.com -iRate Lipo, Elite 3600 and more....

qban_flyer
12-13-2005, 02:22 AM
FYI: Just got this via the club N/L e-mail, though some, if not all, @ Watt Flyer may benefit from it:

It has been a while. Forgive me for the long email. We have divided this email into 4 areas noted below. If you are not interested in a certain area just scroll to the part you may be interested in. That way you can just read what you want.

In this email:
1) iRate lipos available now at low prices
2) Elite 3600 SC with new Color jacketing in stock NOW.
3) New Pack area where you can choose a pack by manufacturer and model name.
4) Custom pack builder (For nimh/nicad packs) -- When in doubt this tool can be used to build any pack.

1) iRate lipos available now at low prices:
1st let me say that we do carry the full line of Thunder Power and do carry the Hyperion product line. For those of you looking for something different than the iRate line please check all the packs we carry for TP and Hyperion.

-- Back to the iRates --
The new cells are factory rated at 15C with 20C burst, we rate them at 12C, 15C medium duration use (under 1 minutes constant, 20 seconds break) and 20C burst (under 5 seconds). At 15C they start to heat up towards the end of the discharge so that is why we recommend only 1 minute. When picking a pack use the 12c as the basis for your pack. (Keep in mind that many manufacturers claim 15c and 20c when in fact the packs get much too hot at that level, at our 12C ratings we are confident that these packs will do their job well and will match many of the 15c packs on the market.).
(We are still working on graphs; I do have 10C graphs available but need to get them onto the site)

Currently we are offering 1000mah, 1500mah, 1900mah and 2100mah cells. Sizes etc are available on the website.

Most common question is what lipo pack will work for me? Here is the simple way to determine what will work. If using NIMH or NICD and want to go to lipo here is the break down:
5-7 cell nimh.nicad packs would use a 2s lipo
8-10 cell nimh/nicad would use a 3s lipo
11-13 cell nimh/nicad would use a 4s lipo
14-16 cell nimh/nicad would use a 5s lipo

I think you see the pattern from here on out.
Each lipo cell is 3.7 volts so if you know the voltage you need simply divide 3.7 into the voltage you need. That should tell you how many cells you need. If remainder then you may consider an extra cell but keep in mind speed controller and motor limits.

Size: what will fit? Simple: measure your battery area on your model and then find a cell size that will fit inside. All lipo packs are simply stacked on top of each other. So length and width of a cell will be the length and width of the pack. Simply multiply the cell thickness by the number of cells to get the height. The Custom Lipo pack builder will also tell you the total pack size.

Pricing? The cells are priced very low and you will find that our pricing is about 20-30% less than hyperion which are 20-30% less than Thunder power.
So you will see that our custom lipo packs will be close to the price of a Thunder Power.
Cons: These are heavier cells than Thunder power and Polyquest. So keep that in mind. But the price is very good.

Taps: all 2S - 4S packs will come with polyquest style taps that can be used with the Hyperion Balancer or the PQ charge guard. We are working on a adapter that can be used with TP but we don't have any ETA on that yet. The TP plug was too hard to locate and we had a source for the PQ plugs. So this is why we went this way.

Click here for Hyperion Balancer and charger info(scroll down when page loads): http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?sid=450769&pgid=tp&sort=MVEL
Options: you get to pick the plug and wire size. You can pick series or Parallel. But the config is always stacked. We are not building 3S2P type configs. If you need something like that consider ordering 2 3S packs then wire them in parallel. This way you get 2 taps for checking cells. NO TAPS ON PARALLEL PACKS.
Warranty: 30 day warranty on non-abused packs. Packs that are shorted, crashed, damaged due to customer will not be covered (our normal policy).
Charging: Only with lipo charger (Hyperion charger on our website is a good choice found in the misc section: http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=misc

5S + packs can not have taps. We are limited to 4S packs with our taps.
Most common pack is a 3S so we are sticking with the 2s-5s initially to keep things simple.
Click below to see all lipo selections (TP,Hyperion and new iRate): http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=tp

Click below to see the iRate custom pack page and prices:
http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=lipocustom

2) Elite 3600 SC with new Color jacketing in stock NOW.
The new Elite SC 3600mah EV118 are in stock now: Now with a colorful jacketing to make them stand out. Cells average 1.18 volts at 30 amps discharge. If you are into matching these cells are great. Check out the loose cells page for more info:
http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=loosecells

3) New Pack area where you can choose a pack by manufacturer and model name
Want to find a pack that fits your model? Try our new pack area on the website:
http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=superlisting
We have attempted to add as many of the top models as we can find. Now you can see if we have a pack that is a direct fit with out needing to use the custom pack builder. We know that we don't have every model listed. If your model is not listed simply click the "not listed" link and fill in the info. Our staff will then attempt to find and add your pack to our database.

4) Custom pack builder -- When in doubt this tool can be used to build any pack
http://www.unipros.com/main.asp?pgid=custompack
This is our most widely used tool. The custom pack tool will allow you to build a pack on the fly using our website. Think of it like a Subway (or for those the prefer Quizno's) sandwich shop. Instead of meat, and condiments you are picking the cell count, cell type, config type, wire size and plug. We also have an option for upgrade or non-upgraded (soldered versus welded). This tool really allows you to pick anything. And if we don't have the config listed you are looking for simply select the "will submit diagram" option. We will then attach your drawing to your order and build it to your spec at the same price as any other pack on our website (There are some limitations to wire length, plugs etc)

As normal, if you aren't sure what you need you can always email us. We are very quick to answer and email allows us to research the answer before we reply.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this very long email,

Mike
Owner-CheapBatteryPacks.com :)

Tom Frank
12-14-2005, 02:45 AM
I got this mailer, too. The prices are REALLY good. We need full CBA graphs to tell the whole story, though. They look very promising based on the 10C discharge graphs.

cyclops2
12-14-2005, 03:11 AM
I like the discharge graphs for most of the cell sizes. It sure helps figuring amps/ oz. /seconds of running time for efficiency. Great site layout.
And I do not praise very many.:)

qban_flyer
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
It was sent to the R/C club in general. I thought it would be useful to many here at Watt Flyer. :)

nadt770
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I like the fact that Mike gives data that relates to the real world of most sport fliers! Who is going to be happy about a 20C battery that poops out after 30, 40 or 50 cycles? I'm talking us casual sport flyers now. I've worked as a Tech in the LiPo industry and if you push these things at max C constantly they just are not going to last!

John

qban_flyer
12-15-2005, 02:05 AM
I like the fact that Mike gives data that relates to the real world of most sport fliers! Who is going to be happy about a 20C battery that poops out after 30, 40 or 50 cycles? I'm talking us casual sport flyers now. I've worked as a Tech in the LiPo industry and if you push these things at max C constantly they just are not going to last!

John

YUP!

I think it is nice to have all the facts available before we buy!

Glad you have posted your experiences with Li-Pos from the "other side" of the fence here. Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to such a heavy investment as Li-Pos. :D

cyclops2
12-15-2005, 04:27 AM
That is why boat trolling motors use only deep cycle batteries and not car starting batteries.
They have learned that you can not use a light weight battery in a heavy amperage job. You can lie to yourself, but the battery does not buy it.:D