PDA

View Full Version : receiver signal simulator

Spaceclam
12-13-2005, 04:33 AM
Hello,
i need to control a motor controller with a knob, on the ground. as in, i turn a knob (pot) to vary the speed of the motor. does anybody have a circuit i could build that will do this?
Thanks,
-Clam

slipstick
12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Any servo tester will do the job. If you want to build it yourself there are several simple servo driver circuits (and lots of other useful ideas) at http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/gadgets.htm

Steve

roccobro
12-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I use an Astro flight servo tester. They are about $20 from HP.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/518105.asp

Justin

falingtrea
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Spaceclam, I think you would need a servo tester AND a ESC for a simple motor control. Just the servo tester alone would not do. Unless you are controlling a servo motor, which does not sound like the case.

As for simple control, if you can find an old analog speed controller, that would work. I'm talking about one that hooks up to a servo and the servo controls a potentiometer that controls a motor.

philmaur
12-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Hello,
i need to control a motor controller with a knob, on the ground. as in, i turn a knob (pot) to vary the speed of the motor. does anybody have a circuit i could build that will do this?
Thanks,
-Clam

If you don't want infinitely variable speeds via a knob, but could make do with stop, half and full speeds, then the Hyperion Emeter could be used to generate signals to drive an ESC. Bear it in mind if you are considering buying a wattmeter, tacho, ESC programmer etc etc - you could kill half a dozen or more birds with the one stone

By the way, there is a new version of Emeter Firmware v1.20, just released - see www.aircraft-world.com (http://www.aircraft-world.com) for details

Phil

There - now I have responded to the wattflyer invitation "Hello philmaur it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? "

roccobro
12-14-2005, 05:38 AM
I like the E-Meter too. It would have saved me a few bucks over buying all the components seperate the last few years and modding them to work remotely. But I still don't have any graphing/logging functions either.:(

I've thought about an Eagletree lite setup for $70, or BNB's logger system and just running my servo tester for ground stuff. Easier than trying to stuff an E-meter into a fuse.

Justin

slipstick
12-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Spaceclam, I think you would need a servo tester AND a ESC for a simple motor control. Just the servo tester alone would not do. Unless you are controlling a servo motor, which does not sound like the case.
I assumed that when he said he wanted to control "a motor controller" that an ESC was what he meant. But you're right the full requirements are battery or power supply plus servo driver plus ESC plus motor.

Steve