PDA

View Full Version : Castle Link Problems

Stolly
12-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Guys it is me again with yet another problem. I have just purchased a new Castle Link adapter to program my Castle Creations escs with. After downloading the software from the site and connecting the castle link I had no problems programming my phoenix 45. I then went to do the same to a Phoenix 85 and had no luck. The program does not seem to see the esc and the light stays red on the link and the computer screen says there is no controller or and invalid controller connected.
Hope some one can help.

Stolly,
Australia.

Rugar
12-13-2005, 09:21 AM
I have had the same problem a few times on some smaller ESC's. For some reason I had to plug them in and disconnect several times before the Castle Link recognized them. But once it did and the ESC had been reprogrammed, they work every time from then on.

ragbag
12-13-2005, 10:20 AM
That is a new one for me.

What version of Castle Link are you using?

I just downloaded the newest version yesterday, 2.12, and haven't used it yet. Could be a heads up for me if that is what you are using and I should have a problem.

You might give CC this info so they can update/repair the software if that is the problem.:)

By George

hoppy
12-13-2005, 12:35 PM
See post #2:)

Sent you a PM

Matt Kirsch
12-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Stolly,

Is that the new Phoenix 85HV, or an old Phoenix 80? Either way, the version of the link software you're using may not be able to communicate. It's possible that the firmware on the Phoenix 80 is too old (my first one was made before the PhxLink was a gleam in Patrick's eye). You'd need to send it in for an update before it will be compatible with the PhxLink.

Stolly
12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks Guys, I will try the connect/disconnect trick and see how I go. For Ragbag, yes it is the new 2.12 version and I have sent an email to CC but there is a problems/bugs place on the website I will also use.
Thanks Again.
Stolly.

Stolly
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry Ragbag that is the 1.12 version.
Stolly.

Rugar
12-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Sorry Ragbag that is the 1.12 version.
Stolly.

The latest version is 2.12

Luis
12-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi.
Do you have a Ubec connected?. I just found out that if the Ubec is connected to the receiver my 80 would not work, as soon as is disconnected the red ligth becomes green and works fine

cdallen
12-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Thanks Guys, I will try the connect/disconnect trick and see how I go. For Ragbag, yes it is the new 2.12 version and I have sent an email to CC but there is a problems/bugs place on the website I will also use.
Thanks Again.
Stolly.

If its the HV 85 you will have to connect a battery to your leads as it has no bec but has a wire that looks like it does. Can't get power from the adapter plug in. The normal battery you plan to do or any size will do of 2 cells or more. Also as mentioned unplug power source and plug back in. This works for me when it doesn't connect.

wperko
12-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi Guys it is me again with yet another problem. I have just purchased a new Castle Link adapter to program my Castle Creations escs with. After downloading the software from the site and connecting the castle link I had no problems programming my phoenix 45. I then went to do the same to a Phoenix 85 and had no luck. The program does not seem to see the esc and the light stays red on the link and the computer screen says there is no controller or and invalid controller connected.
Hope some one can help.

Stolly,
Australia.
Hi, :cool:

You have to have the flight/motor battery power ON the ESC (not 6v but the motor battery), then hook up your PC CastleLink cable and software ... then you will see GREENs in the progrm and all the tabs for programming ...

Castle Creations should post a great big red note on their web site about this I guess ... :D

Rugar
12-14-2005, 02:45 AM
If its the HV 85 you will have to connect a battery to your leads as it has no bec but has a wire that looks like it does. Can't get power from the adapter plug in. The normal battery you plan to do or any size will do of 2 cells or more. Also as mentioned unplug power source and plug back in. This works for me when it doesn't connect.

Bingo! I bet you are correct as to his problem. I didn't think about the HV-85 not having a BEC.

ragbag
12-14-2005, 02:59 AM
OOps!!\

Showing my age. Miss the fact that the jump from Pheonix 80 to 85 becomes a Pheonix HV 85, no bec. Trying to be :cool: , didn't work this time.
By George

Stolly
12-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Once again I thank you guys I bet that is the answer. I will try it later and let you know.
Stolly.

Matt Kirsch
12-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Stolly, is it an 85HV or an 80? You only specified 85, which could be two things:

1. You made a mistake and forgot the HV.
2. You made a mistake and typed the capacity wrong.

Either the 80 or 85HV could have the same BEC problem. If you disabled the 80's BEC by removing the center pin from the servo plug, it would also need power from a flight pack to program properly. In most cases, I would expect the BEC to be disabled on a Phoenix 80. 10 cells at 80 Amps really isn't a good power combination.

Stolly
12-15-2005, 07:23 AM
G'day Matt, the controller is the 85hv rated up to 50 volts. I will have the answer in a couple of hours from now. Just going to eat tea and walk around to my mates shed (lap top under my arm) and have another try at programming the beast.
Results to follow.
Stolly.

Stolly
12-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Is this plane ever going to leave the hangar. Still no joy with the castle link. This is what I have done. Controller conected to the power pack in plane 9s1p 3200 Kokams.Controller then pluged into castle link and castle link plugged into laptop.Castle link Version2.12 up and running and no green lights for controller conection. I programmed the unit with the transmitter and the motor will only run (sort of) for about 5 seconds as rough as guts then stop.We have the 9s1p Kokams the Phoenix 85hv controller then an Axi 4130/20.Can someone please help a desperate man.
Bye for now it is bedtime.
Stolly.