PDA

View Full Version : E-Flite T-34 Mentor 25e PTS RTF

dwalke34
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL4800

Eflite's new Plane.

Anyone got any comments. I would wish they gave an option without the DX6, maybe $200 Cheaper. But everything else seems like it would make a descent scale flyer.

Madman
01-25-2008, 11:17 PM

Eflite's new Plane.
Anyone got any comments. I would wish they gave an option without the DX6, maybe $200 Cheaper. But everything else seems like it would make a descent scale flyer.Here's a stand-alone alternative that's pretty close in specs ... but you can put in the subsystems you want.
http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=7049
Make a comparison and see if that works for you.

bertsirkin
07-12-2008, 02:59 AM

Eflite's new Plane.

Anyone got any comments. I would wish they gave an option without the DX6, maybe $200 Cheaper. But everything else seems like it would make a descent scale flyer.

I just received it today. Seems like an incredibly good buy. I plan on selling my D6Xi on eBay for about $100 (I plan on using the AR6200 and it doesn't come with any servos). That brings the cost down to $350 - which is pretty good when you consider it comes with a 3300mah e-flite lipo battery, lipo charger, motor, esc, servos, and flaps (just need to add one servo).

I put it together in about 90 minutes - put the wing together, install wing landing gear, tail section and flaps.

It's not scale - here's a comparison of a real T-34 and the model (the real one is owned by Julie Clark - americanaerobatics.com).

bert

pvtzemerak
07-16-2008, 04:10 AM
i was going to buy one, it is a very good plane, the PTS takes you for a long ride.

rcers
07-16-2008, 04:21 AM
It is a fantastic airplane and excellent flyer. It will be available in ARF version too if you don't want the Radio system.

Here is a sneak peak of a pic for my upcoming review....

bertsirkin
07-25-2008, 04:24 AM
It is a fantastic airplane and excellent flyer. It will be available in ARF version too if you don't want the Radio system.

Here is a sneak peak of a pic for my upcoming review....

I had a horrible experience in my maiden flight. It taxied fine but once in the air turned sharply right. I did all I could to keep it in the air. I gained a bit of altitude and tried to trim it but it was impossible - it was very erratic. It ended up crashing and destroying all but the electronics. I flew it without the droops and with a servo controlling the flaps - took off without any flaps. I had checked the CG and control surface throws and all were to spec. I was flying on low-rates.

I have fixed/replaced parts and have it ready to fly again.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the plane and to read your review.

bert

constantCrash
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Bertsirkin, If you were flying it as it came (with the DX6i etc. ) then I'd be calling horizon to ask them for help. It sounds like you might have had a defective servo or something.

rcers
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
I had a horrible experience in my maiden flight. It taxied fine but once in the air turned sharply right. I did all I could to keep it in the air. I gained a bit of altitude and tried to trim it but it was impossible - it was very erratic. It ended up crashing and destroying all but the electronics. I flew it without the droops and with a servo controlling the flaps - took off without any flaps. I had checked the CG and control surface throws and all were to spec. I was flying on low-rates.

I have fixed/replaced parts and have it ready to fly again.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the plane and to read your review.

bert

Sorry to hear that Bert - mine was spot on with trims.

Don't know what happened with yours but did you changed the Expo values from "negative to Positive" rates? Sadly the DX6i was mis programed by the factory with positive expo. That is opposite of what you want and may have contributed to the odd erratic behavior. So check that ASAP! That is a HUGE error on their part.

I assume you checked and centered the servo arms and controls before flight?

Aileron low rate - is VERY low you might want to dial that up. Rudder is also VERY effective.

Mike

bertsirkin
07-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Bert - mine was spot on with trims.

Don't know what happened with yours but did you changed the Expo values from "negative to Positive" rates? Sadly the DX6i was mis programed by the factory with positive expo. That is opposite of what you want and may have contributed to the odd erratic behavior. So check that ASAP! That is a HUGE error on their part.

I assume you checked and centered the servo arms and controls before flight?

Aileron low rate - is VERY low you might want to dial that up. Rudder is also VERY effective.

Mike

I flew it with a DX7 and did check the control surface throws at both low and high rates per spec. I have no idea what happened but it flew VERY erratic and I couldn't effectively control it. Even in post-mortem, I couldn't figure out why it flew that way.

As I indicated, I replaced and fixed everything and I flew it this AM again - with the same servos. This time everything was perfect - didn't even need to be trimmed!

The aileron is a bit low at the low rates, but it still flew pretty well. Flew better at high rates.

I didn't see that much difference wth the flaps. I tried approaches with half and full flaps but didn't see much difference. This is the first time I've flown with flaps so it will probably take a bit more experimenting to figure them out!

bert
PhotoBert (http://www.photobert.com)

bertsirkin
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Bertsirkin, If you were flying it as it came (with the DX6i etc. ) then I'd be calling horizon to ask them for help. It sounds like you might have had a defective servo or something.

I was using a DX7. I fixed it and flew it this AM and it flew perfectly with the same electronics/servos. Can't figure out why it was so erratic the first time, but today was as good as it gets!

bert
PhotoBert (http://www.photobert.com)

rcers
07-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Well strange glad you got it fixed....

Fly Time
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I just noticed that Advantagehobby.com has these on sale today only. $420 is still a lot to pay, but it's $80 cheaper than normal.