PDA

View Full Version : Are there any large +6' A-10 plans or kits?

cyclops2
12-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Anyone know? My age is showing . They are like "Hen's Teeth." A guy in Alaska is looking. Thanks

Mike Parsons
12-15-2005, 01:05 AM
The largest that I have come across is the Combat Models A-10. 52" Ws
http://members.aol.com/cbmjets/homepage/A10.html

There is another one that I can put my finger on. I know it was uber expensive though.

cyclops2
12-15-2005, 02:49 AM
That is a HEAVY bird at 30 oz. /sq. ft. and setup for a nitro pusher.
With solid foam at 78" clipped tips. I will max. out at 16 oz. / sq. ft.

zappedalaskan
12-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi Cyclops,
Thank you kindly for your effort in helping me find an A-10 The one Mike posted above looks nice, but as you say it does have heavy wing loading.
It does look like a quick builder though, and I have more than enough motor for it (using two DF units)
I went back and looked and Flight metal is right, I got my wires crossed and the ultravich model I spoke of was the N-300 OV-10 bronco I had it in an old model airplane news. I hate when the noggin gets fuzzy. Part of the charm of getting old.
If I can not find a kit I would be interested in purchasing plans. I looked through the web site you gave me last night. I saw every model under the sun with the exception of the A-10. I was going to write the company you got your plans from and order a set. I will wait a day to see if anyone knows of another kit..
Again, I thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.
Regards,
Jay

cyclops2
12-15-2005, 03:29 AM
Hop down to the warbirds site.

Dereck
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Llfted from Traplet Publications' website at

https://sslrelay.com/s84068217.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543a1c550a2b90/shopdata/index.shopscript

Order no.: MW3097
Our price: 20.00

*Q&EFI SUPERPLAN*
Known also as the 'Thunderbolt II', this twin-engined Light Attack Bomber has been carefully modelled to 1:10.25 scale by Chris Golds AFC to his customary high standard on this large two-sheet plan. Construcion is of all wood. Includes build instructions

Wingspan: 62.5" / 1588 mm
Length: 52.5" / 1333 mm
Radio: 6 functions
Weight: 128 oz / 3.584 Kg
Motor: 2 x Kontronic Fun 400-36
EDF: 2 x WeMoTec 480 Mini EDFOne of them, and a big enlarging copier?

Chris Gold's designs are well regarded in the world too. A much more sophisticated
model than that Combat Models slimey lump of foam

Regards
Dereck

cyclops2
12-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Thanks. I was trying to do the surf work for Jay Rimel. He may have gone with a Kieth Sparks A-10. I spent hours trying to find some A-10's. Chris has a terrific legend behind him. I love to copy a winner.:)

zappedalaskan
12-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Dereck,
Thank you kindly for this information. I would like to use the Chris Golds plan. It is better for my application as it is set up for EDF. The Sparks Plan Is intended for a big single or two 400 sized pushers. The fan housings would have to be revamped. I am going to go back to that site and order the Plans.
Cyclops,
I can't thank you enough for helping me out here. I appreciate your time spent. That is a rather hard model to find in a proper plan or kit. I am still looking for the SAAB as well. I have not seen it yet. Perhaps it is on the site that Dereck posted above.
Again I thank you both kindly. I look forward to posting in the warbird thread. Seems like some real nice folk frequent that thread.
Regards,
Jay

cyclops2
12-16-2005, 03:59 AM
A-10's are all over the place, compared to Saab J-35's.
I sent E Mails at Swedish sites that just had J-35 mentioned. :)
If I get a set of plans, that are large enough to blow up to a 5' WS, WOW.

zappedalaskan
12-16-2005, 04:25 AM
I have been combing these sites Cyclops and I can not find anything on the SAAB J-35 The A-10 plans are on the way. I found another Jet I have had my eye on. The Pushy-Cat It was only 8.00 eur. and $23us to ship both sets of plans. Thank you both very much for all your help.
Regards,
Jay

eflight-ray
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Here's an interesting A10 build that I found, 78" span -

http://a10.home.mchsi.com/mya10project.html

zappedalaskan
12-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Here's an interesting A10 build that I found, 78" span -

http://a10.home.mchsi.com/mya10project.html
Hi Ray,
Thank you kindly for your input. That size is just the scale I am looking for. I have already sent for Chris Golds Plans mentioned above. I intend to have them blown up to 1/9th scale. I read the buildup on the site you listed, and when he went to put the fuse together the plans where off a bit and his formers came out wrong. Here is a qoute from his buildup:
Then, when I started on the center wing section, I discovered that none of the ribs matched. The plans were drawn wrong and, as such, the parts were laser-cut wrong. The spar slots in the ribs didn't line up, and some ribs were taller or shorter top-to-bottom than others.
That could be discouraging :) If this A-10 turns out anywhere near as nice as one of your bombers I will be pleased. I have admired them and a few others I have seen on here. They have inspired me to build this A-10 I have been wanting to build for a long time. I thank you warbird folks for all your help.
Kindest regards,
Jay

gbruce
01-05-2006, 01:56 AM
HI All

Here's mine. Scratchbuilt. It is a little smaller that what you are looking for at 50" W/S

Sky Sharkster
01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
To Cyclops, I found some plans, but it looks like you've already got a set coming! Anyway, for future reference, the site has 4 sets, including a 68" W.S. model, plan # fsp 09681
<http://www.rcstore.com> Click on "Plans" click on "Scale" $ 24.95
It's the plans from past M.A.N., they also have the Rick Ultravich set, another 56" set, a 1/2A version. Lots of good warbirds!
Ron